What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

Bumbatar

Hey Tangwena what was the name and type of those "industrial" CMH lights you were talking about that did not have anti UVB coating in your other posts that give you a sunburn and make way more trics than standard lights????

rlsmooth

You could try just cutting out the infected area and get some fans on the plant if its only got a couple of weeks to go you should be ok but cut out any dead leaves you see and inspect the base of the leaf stalk

Thanks for the tip. I cut the infected top immediatly, ( too bad it was huge :D), and I'll try to inspect the rest of the plant closely for the next week or 2. I think it would already be smokable but couple extra weeks tend to do ya good..

rlsmooth

Panama alert, somewhere around 8th week flowering.

This is the lanky fat topped Panama, that has gotten a bit sick and found mold from one top, which I cut. Will go down in a week or 2 if no further problems occur. Not so much frost, but very interesting sweet and skunky smells, different from the others.
72KeEDbl.jpg

This pheno could be real yielder, not much leaves and huge tops. Smells lemony vanilla soda sprite. Would give huge amount of buds if one had trained all the tops to same height..will yield nicely anyway ;P
ev3pCdZl.jpg

Pink pistils, lemony incence smells and aggressive looks, I like it very much :thank you: A lot of leaves is the only "bad" thing, but it could also be because of heavy nutrient soil I made. Gonna yield greatly. Thinking this panama and the one above might go around 12 weeks so mayby 4 weeks more? Been giving them slight bloom feedings lately, because I don't want em to fade totally yet.
L2dGtPel.jpg

dwmRpV5l.jpg

Koondense

Veteran
Nice job rlsmooth, shame for the moldy top but maybe check your humidity, looks quite damp in there.

The high
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] yielding lemony vanilla soda sprite plant reminds me a lot my first Pangi(Bangi x Panama)
picture.php

Which was very panama goddess dominant, so I assume yours is very similar to goddess pheno. Great seeing her again :)

Have a trouble free flowering!

Cheers

[/FONT]

rlsmooth

Stunning Pangi that one :)
Yes my humidy went up, because I had to move my grow to a smaller room where air dont circulate as much. But bought more ventilation so should Be ok

NENugger

!st try Panama Fem

!st try Panama Fem

Having troubles starting out. Plant overcame early water problems, very strong, but now showing upside down taco shell leaf issues. Any ideas?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey Tangwena what was the name and type of those "industrial" CMH lights you were talking about that did not have anti UVB coating in your other posts that give you a sunburn and make way more trics than standard lights????
Hi my friend I am away from home at the moment but the company is called EYE lighting and the bulbs were ceramic ARC type quite cheap and so are the ballasts.
They last forever and the plants love them.

NENugger

Upside down taco leaf

Upside down taco leaf

Thanks Kaskadian. No feeding just FFOF and some EWC. I read that Panama is a heavy feeder. Maybe too early for EWC?

Kaskadian

Veteran
Thanks Kaskadian. No feeding just FFOF and some EWC. I read that Panama is a heavy feeder. Maybe too early for EWC?

FFOF is some pretty hot soil! It's good stuff though so that isn't a complaint. In that soil I don't think you'd need to feed for a really long time. There are folks around here that don't feed at all when using Fox Farm soils (Happy Frog, Ocean Forest) for the entire grow (Terpene is one of them I believe). That Ocean Forest is going to have all the nutrients they need for quite a while. Just water and some cal/mag on occasion for now. You'll know if/when they're getting hungry. Just remember, a "heavy feeder" sativa is going to be a lot different than a "heavy feeder" indica/hybrid. These sativas need very little to be happy. You've got em' in good soil, just give them light and water and you'll have MONSTERS!

My current plants have some curled leaves (N toxicity) as well, and they're on 1/4-1/2 strength nutrients in coco. I have experience in soil but I'm mostly a coco grower so I'm hoping someone with more experience growing landrace sativas in soil will chime in.

Happy to help brother!

G

The Panama 12 doing well considering they had barely broke dirt just 10 days ago. Looks like they're all gonna hang in for the show :) I love it that they're all close in size/progress, about half showing some color in the stems. Doubt that that means much right now, just hoping for some that might show the red pistils.

Look like twins

These were watered after pics, first good watering now that they all have a few roots for drinking. Very happy with the condition and vigor that I'm seeing so far this early.

NENugger

Panam has to be a heavy feeder given the explosive stretch into flowering I'm getting from the columnar phenos. They were smaller than the bushy ones all along until I cut the photoperiod. I should have topped them like I did the very large pheno but I just hate doing that for some reason. I may have a management problem.

Lousy pic with a yardstick for reference.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52773&pictureid=1839930

Wow they getting tall. I don't have that much head room, better top my plant.:tiphat:

Bumbatar

Hi my friend I am away from home at the moment but the company is called EYE lighting and the bulbs were ceramic ARC type quite cheap and so are the ballasts.
They last forever and the plants love them.

Tangwena,, Ok great I think I found them here in this product PDF EYE CLEAN ARC MT400D HOR

https://eyelighting.com/wp-content/uploads/HID/Special-Metal-Halide/MT400D-HOR.pdf

here is a menu of other lights

https://eyelighting.com/hid-lamps/special-application-metal-halide

Did you have to modify them in any way to get the sunburn effect? they have that ominous safety warning about UV radiation but the spectrum is impressive and says it mimics natural sunlight!!! Probably much more like Central America and Panama than a HPS light.

you must remove the "s" from the https:// to get the links to work.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena,, Ok great I think I found them here in this product PDF EYE CLEAN ARC MT400D HOR

https://eyelighting.com/wp-content/uploads/HID/Special-Metal-Halide/MT400D-HOR.pdf

here is a menu of other lights

https://eyelighting.com/hid-lamps/special-application-metal-halide

Did you have to modify them in any way to get the sunburn effect? they have that ominous safety warning about UV radiation but the spectrum is impressive and says it mimics natural sunlight!!! Probably much more like Central America and Panama than a HPS light.

you must remove the "s" from the https:// to get the links to work.
Thats the ones you dont have to do anything to them just dont get too close for more than 30 secs or you get sun burnt.
I have a few led lights that I switch on when I work on the plants
The plants love them though just not good for humans up close.
Also not hot like HPS so temps are good all the time even in mid summer in Australia

SmokingBandit

Panama's

Panama's

Can anyone verifie this Panama she has a very nice lemon smell which is very loud I'm thinking green pheno.
Sorry you might not be able tell with his light
This is first plant I've grown in 2 years that smells like the description.
I've only been growing mmj last 2 years been a farmer all my life.
She's being grown inside under a 1000 watt bulb turned down to 750 watts.
I have 3 Panama's the mum and 2 clones then I've run them all together
Mum's number one clone is coming down first she will be chopped Sunday she will be 10 weeks then chop one at 11 weeks the last at 12.
Only red on her is leaf stems and crazy orange hairs that's just starting to recess
Her buds are big and soild I will get at least 3 oz a plant.
I have my ice India in there also she's a 11-12 week girl she's a two toker
They have been giving water only phed.
Grown organic with a few teas my own soil mix I do add ffof and Coco coir from time to time also perlite

Attachments

• IMG_20180402_193615.jpg
    IMG_20180402_193615.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20180402_193309.jpg
    IMG_20180402_193309.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20180402_193307_1.jpg
    IMG_20180402_193307_1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 38

rlsmooth

Just had to come and say my pink pistiled panama smells like strawberry bubblegum !! :D very happy, few more weeks and then starts the drying, can't wait ..

SmokingBandit

I'm hoping my next seed is pink I only got a 3 pack I know now what you all are talking about with different smells.
This is first time I got one to smell like folks say she's a lovely lemon.
I also was expecting fluffy buds they are solid almost as much as my India cut.
I'm ordering another pack this time a 5 pack
I want to thank everyone for this beautiful site I've read the 212 pages 3-4 times now.
Loving it more each time.
It's wonderful to see what we get when working together.
Big love and thanks to dubi,Charlie and all others !!ll
I've only been growing mmj last 2 years I'm a coustomer for life !!
Ace will be my only place from now on.
Me and my girl friends started together we all over 50 with all kinds of health issues all of us wish we would have known the things we know now but have to all agree mmj has been wonderful for us all.
Only problem we need to diet we've all gained weight from munchies !o! Not kidding lol

Latest posts

Latest posts