What's new

Panama

LostTribe

Premium user
Yes !! Just liike that. Back in the day when I first started growing. I had some plants outside. One of them had bright pink pistils. I have been after a plant like that ever since.

had some buds like that that reeked so impressively I want them back for the taste and smooth effect! Best to you bro!
LT

R

red23

Panama

My so missed Panama a few months back.Indoor grow 600W HPS.

Attachments

• IMG_7311.jpg
    IMG_7311.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8811.jpg
    IMG_8811.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 34

herbgreen

Veteran

Hey, how did the panama turn out?

looks like you got some tropical leaning phenos

That's great,

I like all that branching and stretching

what happened did they finish?

Hey Lost Tribe great to see that green pheno!

Hey dubi any chance of bringing back that long flowering tropical purple panama some day???

Mine were lost and then it was gone for good....I think about that one from time to time

Alot of diversity in this line good things to be found...

R

red23

Hey, how did the panama turn out?

looks like you got some tropical leaning phenos

That's great,

I like all that branching and stretching

what happened did they finish?

Hey Lost Tribe great to see that green pheno!

Hey dubi any chance of bringing back that long flowering tropical purple panama some day???

Mine were lost and then it was gone for good....I think about that one from time to time

Alot of diversity in this line good things to be found...
Hey HerbGreen :) She had to finish outdoors, which she didn't take that well.I was at one stage cleaning every other day mould from my grow room walls..Burst water pipe in one of my concrete walls,plus rainy season, etc.I am a newbie(16months of actual hand on experience}but I did overstretched a bit too much...As for the branching, it took some work
She kept her qualities as a clean, euphoric(that makes my wonder what if she was done proper)African landrace sativa highs.Bear with me for a while:)Malawi from Ace is on the go so,African sativa again.Greek Landrace sativa, of African roots, clean,euphoric highs a common characteristic.Had one growing.Durban Poison,another one I have tasted.. clean, euphoric
She was there and I hope for better results with her sister.
You don't have to believe me.Dubi is your man:biggrin:i will try and find a few more photos

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6846.jpg
    IMG_6846.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
R

red23

Hey HerbGreen :) She had to finish outdoors, which she didn't take that well.I was at one stage cleaning every other day mould from my grow room walls..Burst water pipe in one of my concrete walls,plus rainy season, etc.I am a newbie(16months of actual hand on experience}but I did overstretched a bit too much...As for the branching, it took some work
She kept her qualities as a clean, euphoric(that makes my wonder what if she was done proper)African landrace sativa highs.Bear with me for a while:)Malawi from Ace is on the go so,African sativa again.Greek Landrace sativa, of African roots, clean,euphoric highs a common characteristic.Had one growing.Durban Poison,another one I have tasted.. clean, euphoric all.
You don't have to believe me.Dubi is your man:biggrin:i will try and find a few more photos
African sativas I do like.Had to gain some indoor experience fist(my first one ever 11/2017) and a couple a weeks before that,finished my first ever outdoor with two greek sativas.Euphoric,energetic,clean high.Another African,I had to put a stop too, because she was meant to finish indoors with my Panama.Malawi,when sun can cause damage within hours, as well as life when under control.Transition indoor to outdoor(plumbing issues as described).Malawi again:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
R

red23

She kept her qualities as a clean, euphoric(that makes my wonder what if she was done proper)African landrace sativa highs.Bear with me for a while:)Malawi from Ace is on the go so,African sativa again.Greek Landrace sativa, of African roots, clean,euphoric highs a common characteristic.Had one growing.Durban Poison,another one I have tasted.. clean, euphoric all.
6 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_7702.jpg
    IMG_7702.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 31
R

red23

At 2 and 2 1/2 months,mould was becoming an everyday battle.The problem was a big fix(no time for that).Transition to outdoors,didn't go as smooth(lack of experience).These are the last,of worth photos I have.Maybe they can be used as a "photo" reference point?,if she was of the "greenish, white" pheno ...

Attachments

• IMG_8346.jpg
    IMG_8346.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8447.jpg
    IMG_8447.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9450.jpg
    IMG_9450.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9448.jpg
    IMG_9448.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
R

red23

At 2 and 2 1/2 months,mould was becoming an everyday battle.The problem was a big fix(no time for that).Transition to outdoors,didn't go as smooth(lack of experience).These are the last,of worth photos I have.Maybe they can be used as a "photo" reference point?,if she was of the "greenish, white" pheno ...
Transition to outdoors.Panama,at the back, sitting at 220cm,Bangi Haze at around 200cm.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpg
    IMG_1689.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 29
R

red23

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 29

NENugger

Here is the Panama fem I was having issues with a few pages back. Never got rid of the issue but she is so strong just shrugged it off and kept chugging. Coming up on 12 weeks, no amber trichs yet. Anyone have experience on best time to harvest?

picture.php

orfeas

Veteran
Hi NENugger!
I have multiharvested couple of plants and particularly malawi panama crosses, elit and goddess that is...the first batch came in with clear/cloudy trichs and the last one with some ambers...that's the eye bit...the first one gave off fragrant sweet lovely aromas while the last one was of heavy honey like scents...that's the nose bit...the high of the former was clear cerebral speedy a tad somewhat euphoric in contrast to the heavier hittin the body a bit of the latter...

hope it helps

:tiphat:orfeas

deepwaterdude

Hey, red, the two you put outdoor had huge potential, too bad for your mold problem!

As for your current Panamanian, I'd say Amber shmamber, looks cooked, take that puppy this week;) I find they can lose dankness/nose when taken too far. Unfortunately, there are much smarter people than I who will tell you the exact opposite, to let her go as long as possible, sigh. Or take half now, then half according to trichs, good compromise many of us employ;)

Lincoln2018

FFOF is some pretty hot soil! It's good stuff though so that isn't a complaint. In that soil I don't think you'd need to feed for a really long time. There are folks around here that don't feed at all when using Fox Farm soils (Happy Frog, Ocean Forest) for the entire grow (Terpene is one of them I believe). That Ocean Forest is going to have all the nutrients they need for quite a while. Just water and some cal/mag on occasion for now. You'll know if/when they're getting hungry. Just remember, a "heavy feeder" sativa is going to be a lot different than a "heavy feeder" indica/hybrid. These sativas need very little to be happy. You've got em' in good soil, just give them light and water and you'll have MONSTERS!

My current plants have some curled leaves (N toxicity) as well, and they're on 1/4-1/2 strength nutrients in coco. I have experience in soil but I'm mostly a coco grower so I'm hoping someone with more experience growing landrace sativas in soil will chime in.

Happy to help brother!

I have been growing with FFOF for quite some time now. It was recommended to me not to put seedlings in it because it is very hot. I grew some anyway from seeds and the first 4 weeks I had nutrient burn that gradually got better. I was told by a representative that sells FFOF that it has around 6 weeks worth of nutrients before you need to worry about supplements.

rlsmooth

Damn I hope I can find the same green Panama pheno I grew during spring. Euphoric go go uphigh weed, which smells and tastes great and makes basically every day when you vape it great. Just opened a jar that has been closed since early May. Great times ahead.. ;) Effect lasts several hours and you can happily spend summerdays floating in space

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
First let's start acknowledging I lost the markings on the pots due to the heavy spraying, so... I don't know which one is Panama and which one is Malawi. :watchplant: :shucks:

This comes from a fem seed, coco, 100% salts, automated fertigation, drain to waste, under 200W of SILs , a 190W HML (Panamá) and an HPS set to 250W (Malawi) indoors. Max peak temps: 35C average=29-30.

I top/FIM them after the 3d-4th node, then train (supercropping, crush n' bend) them to have 4+ tops.

The one on the left (which I believe is the Panama) smells vaguely to vanilla, green pheno, has anybody grow this one?

Has 5 monster conical tops, they packed so much weight these latest days I found the whole plant had tipped over this morning... on the runoff :spanky: I strained and propped her, read is really resistant to mold, let's see...

buds were still shooting pistils non stop and was starting to foxtail. She'll be flowering 12 weeks on Sept 2nd, so about 2,5 weeks to go.

The one on the right, which I believe is the Malawi, has packed also serious weight, though bud "mass" is more homogeneously spread along the stalks and aren't that huge.

picture.php

What I believe is Panamá (sorry for the crossing Malawi Branch).

Each top weight by feel is like 300-500grams!

picture.php

Sorry for the crappy pic, and beaten up appearance, the girls survived a serious aphid/spider mites infestation in early-mid flower. Incredible genetics!

brickweeder

Quite Stretchy

Quite Stretchy

The one panama I have in flowering is quite stretchy. I had topped it for 4 main shoots, and flipped at 12"...in 2 weeks, it stretched to 34", and is still going. My leds are a bit under-powered, and that may have contributed to the stretch. I'll try spreading the stretch between more shoots next time around. I am so impatient.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I think my Panamas have all been somewhat stretchy. The flavor of Panama is unmistakable, and very wonderful. Very sweet and exotic

brickweeder

I think my Panamas have all been somewhat stretchy. The flavor of Panama is unmistakable, and very wonderful. Very sweet and exotic

I am looking forward the panama finishing out, but will probably take a few samples along the way starting this week with the pre-larf shoots that have been forming on the lower branches.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Countdown Over

Countdown Over

I'm absolutely impressed by this strain vigor...

Panama also seems to be really resistant to spider mites... here are two of the six or so colas this size (bigger than a XXL fist) today.

picture.php

picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

I think she would benefit from an extra week or so?

Trichs are mostly clear turning cloudy, throwing hairs non stop still.

Should I go with the trichs or hairs to evaluate her?

Aroma: Hints of oily vanilla, pretty much odorless otherwise. Is the first plant I sniff with this terpene!

rlsmooth said:
Damn I hope I can find the same green Panama pheno I grew during spring. Euphoric go go uphigh weed, which smells and tastes great and makes basically every day when you vape it great. Just opened a jar that has been closed since early May. Great times ahead.. Effect lasts several hours and you can happily spend summerdays floating in space

Cannot wait!!!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts