What's new

Panama

G

From Ace-

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/panamastd.html

Click additional information. I may grow it next when the current batch of QM finishes end of January.

Hey Jhhnn,

I have a 10 pk of panama standard I'm planning to start about 1st week of Feb. Hoping to dust for some F2s if I see something I like. Maybe we could take advantage of the timing and get lucky if one finds something the other needs. Double our chances! :)

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
She'll steal your woman, then she'll rob your head!

She'll steal your woman, then she'll rob your head!

Hey Jhhnn,

I have a 10 pk of panama standard I'm planning to start about 1st week of Feb. Hoping to dust for some F2s if I see something I like. Maybe we could take advantage of the timing and get lucky if one finds something the other needs. Double our chances! :)

You will both find great phenos!
This is a great strain.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hey Jhhnn,

Thanks for thinking of me. The more I think about it the more I remember that my Panama was CBG freebies from the Bou', a bit older than the latest release. I should probably grow 'em but I'm kinda waffling...

G

Yeah Jhhnn i'm just looking for a Sativa kind of 'day brightener' effect that's happy/functional, something that rings most of the bells. I've always thought that I'd like to just focus on a particular strain or two, so Panama Red from the right pheno might do the trick. I just think it would be great to find something really special from such a well know nostalgic strain.

G

Thanks Dr.Purp!! My inside grow set up is 400watt hps that I've been using for several years, so we'll get to see how these do in dirt and lighting that's less than ideal. It's great to see from your pics what this legendary old school strain produces when it's at it's best!.

Keif

Stickybred420

wow guys what a beautiful thread. the talent really shows. this is a beautiful plant and goes without saying that it has caught my attention. I was just curious of how comparable the espressions are between the regular and fem seeds. for space reasons I need to go fem. any info would be appreciated.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Panama x PCK tester seeds...gorgeous plant! Super excited about this girl. She's squatty and full figured, just way I like 'em. I've fully embraced organic growing this past year and all my plants have responded so well.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I germed 9/10 CBG Panama on 1/27/18 using the paper towel method. 8 are now up & growing. They're freebies from the bou that came with an order some few years ago.

Tp01

Great thread yall, ive been brushing up on panama because ive got 12 seedlings up from a ten pak! Were near the 35th rung Appalachia and these will be grown out in the patch. I have a couple of Qs for yall panama freeks. First I got the seeds about a year ago. Customs got the first order but since Ace runs a more then fair operation they sent me a second order and I got it! Endless thanks to Ace for your work and integrity, and Big Up to Luis for emailing me 2 million times while I stressed about my order. Ok heres the Qs.

1. whats the average outdoor finish time? I read mid October, but is it like early mid or mid late? I want to know because I'm leaving town and getting back around the 14th of oct but I can change my plans.

2. I'm thinking of dusting the ladies with a mix of pollen from all the males. Would the next generation be similar to the seeds I got from Ace?

3. I grow in native soil amended with good name brand soil with the good fungis bacteria and stuff, then feed with off the shelf veg, then bloom, I use azomite, and I cover crop with crimson clover. Will panama rock n roll on that or will she need more food?
Thanks in advance yall I have learned so much over the last few years reading in the threads

Jhhnn

Veteran
Great thread yall, ive been brushing up on panama because ive got 12 seedlings up from a ten pak! Were near the 35th rung Appalachia and these will be grown out in the patch. I have a couple of Qs for yall panama freeks. First I got the seeds about a year ago. Customs got the first order but since Ace runs a more then fair operation they sent me a second order and I got it! Endless thanks to Ace for your work and integrity, and Big Up to Luis for emailing me 2 million times while I stressed about my order. Ok heres the Qs.

1. whats the average outdoor finish time? I read mid October, but is it like early mid or mid late? I want to know because I'm leaving town and getting back around the 14th of oct but I can change my plans.

2. I'm thinking of dusting the ladies with a mix of pollen from all the males. Would the next generation be similar to the seeds I got from Ace?

3. I grow in native soil amended with good name brand soil with the good fungis bacteria and stuff, then feed with off the shelf veg, then bloom, I use azomite, and I cover crop with crimson clover. Will panama rock n roll on that or will she need more food?
Thanks in advance yall I have learned so much over the last few years reading in the threads

Ace says third week of October.

I get the impression that they've worked hard to stabilize Panama so F2's should be much the same as the parents. If you want some seeds & not a giant shitpile, fertilize the females early with a brush & cut the males. You'll get few immature seeds that way. Cull any weak males before you do that, of course.

I'm growing some indoors now so I can't say for sure about outdoors but I get the impression that Panama is vigorous & relatively easy to grow. If you've done well with a particular method in the past then it should work fine for Panama.

Ncali

Veteran
The current Panama release are not f1, so the resulting generation will NOT be f2s. This is a very worked and stabilized line. I might expect pretty consistent progeny from Panama parents, pending your selection of course. Very excellent genetic line.

Jhhnn

Veteran
The current Panama release are not f1, so the resulting generation will NOT be f2s. This is a very worked and stabilized line. I might expect pretty consistent progeny from Panama parents, pending your selection of course. Very excellent genetic line.

So what do you call the first homegrown generation of seeds from a stabilized line if not f2's?

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

12.5 weeks from clone.
Just about done.
I've got another clone that'll have plenty of time to get big before there's room in the flower tent.
I'm going to go from 400w to 600w by then too so I'll see how she does with a little more light.

Ncali

Veteran
Gorgeous plant!

So what do you call the first homegrown generation of seeds from a stabilized line if not f2's?

Whatever filial generation is next I suppose. You can inquire as to the current filial generation used in breeding from Dubi :) It depends on current or old stock, fem vs reg breeding programs etc.

F1, f2 etc are descriptors from Mendel's experiment. If you're curious to where to look for more info :) I'm sorry I don't have better info for yah, was more pointing out those Panama aren't f1 seeds for sale

:tiphat:
NC

WaterFarmFan

Veteran

I grew out an entire pack of Panama and found 3 different phenos. One was shorter and branchier with crazy dense nugs that stack hard with near endless reflowering, and I call her Chunk and was among my highest yielding ever. 2nd is one that I call Goddess pheno with more spear shaped colas, stretchier with longer node spacing and nice hybrid growth characteristics. 3rd was Red pheno with lankier growth and more traditional sativa growth patterns. All shared similar floral notes but different high effects.

Dubi likes to use multiple males for his regular lines to provide the widest possible expression of these complex genetics. I think those males are highly worked but are different in breeding traits (or they would not be used). Thus, different phenos would be (Pan F x Pan M1, Pan F x Pan M2 & Pan F x Pan M3) perhaps or also could be different expressions from just (Pan F x Pan M1).

I recently collected pollen from two different Panama males, that I assume would fall into one of the three categories that I found in the females. I selected these 2 males from 5-6 based on different traits in veg. I plan to make seeds, which I would consider F2s, of Panamas using my 2x males and 3x females, which will obviously yield 6 versions of Panama x Panama. A couple of males and females might be closely related (almost identical twins but with slight variations) that might have different breeding and offspring characteristics, but these are my selections, which I think all have different dominant expressions.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Panama is such an awesome strain. It is either love it or hate it, and those don't like it seem to say things like "is this laced?" or "that is way to strong". It simply kicks their ass because they smoke too much. It is not an everyday, all day smoke, but I love a bowl before I have something fun to do. Not the best for trying to concentrate, as your head sometimes feels like it is in a bit of a vice...

Tp01

Thanks for the replies yall. I'm stoked to see these plants in person. Ill post some pics in a month or so. Till then were haulin amendments, fillin jugs and digging holes. Hope everyone gets a good start on this season.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I grew out an entire pack of Panama and found 3 different phenos. One was shorter and branchier with crazy dense nugs that stack hard with near endless reflowering, and I call her Chunk and was among my highest yielding ever. 2nd is one that I call Goddess pheno with more spear shaped colas, stretchier with longer node spacing and nice hybrid growth characteristics. 3rd was Red pheno with lankier growth and more traditional sativa growth patterns. All shared similar floral notes but different high effects.

Dubi likes to use multiple males for his regular lines to provide the widest possible expression of these complex genetics. I think those males are highly worked but are different in breeding traits (or they would not be used). Thus, different phenos would be (Pan F x Pan M1, Pan F x Pan M2 & Pan F x Pan M3) perhaps or also could be different expressions from just (Pan F x Pan M1).

I recently collected pollen from two different Panama males, that I assume would fall into one of the three categories that I found in the females. I selected these 2 males from 5-6 based on different traits in veg. I plan to make seeds, which I would consider F2s, of Panamas using my 2x males and 3x females, which will obviously yield 6 versions of Panama x Panama. A couple of males and females might be closely related (almost identical twins but with slight variations) that might have different breeding and offspring characteristics, but these are my selections, which I think all have different dominant expressions.

Yes. Thank you. That makes sense.

sdd420

Veteran
I believe that it’s now f10 at least. It’s a worked line for sure. I’ll be growing it this summer outdoors for the first time now that we are legal here. And I will be watching you all so good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts