What's new

Panama

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Been a while since I grew some panama, but its calling me!!! Can anyone tell me the current difference in the fem and standard versions? Im looking for that red girl I had back in like 09...

nksv

Went out to check my Panama today and what a beauty she is!

picture.php

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
will never forget that panama smoke back a few years, sure was the reg version, hitted me like nothing before.... superb strain!

rlsmooth

Hi, I heard you guys like Panama :

1/3 Panama, was the lankiest and little left behind in veg, now producing solid buds, smell is not lemon, but can't describe it yet. Around 4 weeks flowering like all my panamas in this post

Cy1irS7l.jpg

072WVJql.jpg

This is what I call "Fat Panama" looking like a beast and gonna produce plenty of solid buds...coolest plant I've ever grown I think. Smell is lemony/ vanilla/ sweet. And those pistils <3

b6yX3dzl.jpg

H6lYKwCl.jpg

So far I've given them only water, thinking about little bat guano top dressing (high in phosporus), and maybe couple of small organic NK 2,5-6 feedings during week 5-8, opinions? :) So far they don't seem to show signs of deficiencies..lost some lower leaves only due to lack of light intensity me thinks but not too many..

rlsmooth

And this is Panama 3/3, same type of pistils as in fat panama, smells alike too I guess. Hope it will fatten up in the end as well ;)

cjQhzUcl.jpg

elbxuDql.jpg

Should try to spread these girls around a little more, but they are so robust that they don't really care about me trying to tie em up. My ductape is not strong enough for them .. :D

Last edited:

Widow P

I grew Panama Ace few years ago and i really appreciate this plant.

I only found green phenos with strong brain high.

Great memory

G

Opened this pack of Panama Standard today and will be dropping all to start my Panama adventure. Been holding these for a few months, had planned to run these concurrent with Jhnn's panama grow started in February, just couldn't make that happen so now at last.

Hadn't open these beautiful beans until this morning, expected to see 10, sure looks like a dozen to me!! Thanks guys :tiphat:

I'll be looking to take cuts and hoping for 3-4 good males along with a special keeper Mom if I'm so lucky. I see this project keeping me busy for the spring/summer and will get exclusive attention.

picture.php

G

Just a quick update on my Panama seedlings. Dropped in the dirt a week ago, not much to look at now, just very happy that all 12 decided to show up for this grow. 1 is a bit iffy due to my impatience with a helmet not releasing and needing help. I'm usually pretty handy with removal but tore up a cotyledon and I think it's struggling.

Trying to decide on a game plan with these. I really don't have room to flower all these at once, plus my present grow won't finish until mid June, so I see some clones happening and a long time before any finish. I might have room in flower to sneak in an early cut or two in small pots. This will be an extended grow for sure.

LostTribe

Premium user
Just a quick update on my Panama seedlings. Dropped in the dirt a week ago, not much to look at now, just very happy that all 12 decided to show up for this grow. 1 is a bit iffy due to my impatience with a helmet not releasing and needing help. I'm usually pretty handy with removal but tore up a cotyledon and I think it's struggling.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76497&pictureid=1837633&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Trying to decide on a game plan with these. I really don't have room to flower all these at once, plus my present grow won't finish until mid June, so I see some clones happening and a long time before any finish. I might have room in flower to sneak in an early cut or two in small pots. This will be an extended grow for sure.

Me too 3/3 standards

Jhhnn

Veteran

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76497&pictureid=1837633View Image

Reads like you kinda got ahead of yourself...

Mine are doing nicely at this point after 5 weeks of veg & 4 of 12/12. Of the 8, 4 are female. 2 are very columnar with negligible side branching. That's very unusual with my system. 1 is much bushier & 1 is an absolutely bushy & bodacious grower that I was forced to top. I very carefully pollinated a couple of buds on the last 2 hoping for a few seeds. Freaking pollen is very potent stuff so I went to some lengths to limit the effect.

The seeds were CBG freebies from the 'bou so I figure they're an older iteration.

I'll post some pics down the road.

rlsmooth

Hi,

I've been experiencing some extreme around 70% rh's in my current grow. One of my Panamas grew the fattest cola I've ever seen. Now yesterday I noticed that one leave in the cola had suddenly went yellow, pulled it off and noticed a bit of botrytis inside me thinks. Do you think I have to pull the whole plant or just the infected top? And ofc go buy some more ventilation. Wondering if the plant could mature couple week more if I remove the infected cola and inspect the rest of the plant ...

G

Reads like you kinda got ahead of yourself...

Mine are doing nicely at this point after 5 weeks of veg & 4 of 12/12. Of the 8, 4 are female. 2 are very columnar with negligible side branching. That's very unusual with my system. 1 is much bushier & 1 is an absolutely bushy & bodacious grower that I was forced to top. I very carefully pollinated a couple of buds on the last 2 hoping for a few seeds. Freaking pollen is very potent stuff so I went to some lengths to limit the effect.

The seeds were CBG freebies from the 'bou so I figure they're an older iteration.

I'll post some pics down the road.

Yes, I'm definitely a seed popping addict and that leads to a bottleneck in my setup. Because of a change in rules where I'm at to the town ordinance, we are restricted to a grow space limit of 32 sq feet x 5ft height and no outside growing. The upside is that you can run as many plants as space allows with plants in any phase of growth. The 'no plant count' rule tempts me to start more plants than I could possibly finish but does offer good selection of early choices. I end up feeding alot of seedlings and young plants to the compost.

Glad to hear your group is doing well. I'm hoping mine grow in a more columnar pattern as my set up is more favorable in flower to that shape. I'm guessing that the differences BTW your CBG and my ACE will be minimal. All my seedlings at this point look amazingly alike, very uniform at such a early start.

Look forward to seeing some pics when you're able.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Yes, I'm definitely a seed popping addict and that leads to a bottleneck in my setup. Because of a change in rules where I'm at to the town ordinance, we are restricted to a grow space limit of 32 sq feet x 5ft height and no outside growing. The upside is that you can run as many plants as space allows with plants in any phase of growth. The 'no plant count' rule tempts me to start more plants than I could possibly finish but does offer good selection of early choices. I end up feeding alot of seedlings and young plants to the compost.

Glad to hear your group is doing well. I'm hoping mine grow in a more columnar pattern as my set up is more favorable in flower to that shape. I'm guessing that the differences BTW your CBG and my ACE will be minimal. All my seedlings at this point look amazingly alike, very uniform at such a early start.

Look forward to seeing some pics when you're able.

I do like it when seedlings are uniform. These weren't, at all, but I figure it's an earlier version & that the seeds were getting old which is why they became freebies. They should finish end of May or early June at which point I'll lay off until October. There's already plenty to smoke & this old non air conditioned house should stay cooler with the lights off. I don't like paying the 50% summer surcharge for electricity, either.

I've been puffing Queen Mother, the most recent batch. Yield was a bit disappointing but it's quite potent in an evil creeper weed sort of way. Doesn't feel like much after a couple of tokes so people tend to take a couple more, end up flying for a few hours. Not good for people who tend to nervousness or paranoia. It has that odd quality where I don't think I'm very stoned until I realize that I've been staring at the soup selection in the supermarket for 5 minutes...

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Hi,

I've been experiencing some extreme around 70% rh's in my current grow. One of my Panamas grew the fattest cola I've ever seen. Now yesterday I noticed that one leave in the cola had suddenly went yellow, pulled it off and noticed a bit of botrytis inside me thinks. Do you think I have to pull the whole plant or just the infected top? And ofc go buy some more ventilation. Wondering if the plant could mature couple week more if I remove the infected cola and inspect the rest of the plant ...

I had this same thing happen a couple of weeks ago with a Panama x Tikal cola. I noticed it had gone brown on a few leaves, pulled one off and realized it was rotten. Cut it off immediately and luckily no others were affected. My rh is running about 35-45 right now. Whole plant came down yesterday.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi,

You could try just cutting out the infected area and get some fans on the plant if its only got a couple of weeks to go you should be ok but cut out any dead leaves you see and inspect the base of the leaf stalk

Latest posts

Latest posts