What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Not So Solventless Clear Concentrate From Harborside!

Have you made concentrated efforts to hold your tincture sublingually for some time before swallowing it? I have noticed a considerable improvement in the onset time by holding it under my tongue for a minute or two. That way it goes directly into the bloodstream instead of having to be absorbed in the stomach.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Activated oil can be absorbed sublingually very quickly. Should feel it in under 15 min. Personally I think co2 oil is the best for this.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
oh ok, I was thinking that at first. For some reason I thought you were referring to something else. I'm outta it, my bad.

Cartel530

Veteran
Microwaves have been adapted for clandestine chemistry for awhile now. Ill dig around and see if i can find the write up in the old The Hive archives and post it. They adapted household microwaves to be used in reactions. The one i can think of off the top of my head is the microwaved assisted hoffman rearrangement. You wont need expensive machines :)

HG23

Wow, DMSO is some interesting stuff.

"It's a square peg being pushed into a round hole," says Dr. Jacob. "It doesn't follow the rifle approach of one agent against one disease entity. It's the aspirin of our era. If aspirin were to come along today, it would have the same problem. If someone gave you a little white pill and said take this and your headache will go away, your body temperature will go down, it will help prevent strokes and major heart problems--what would you think?"

When did you first start using it MEMED?

Nino.Bleu

check this out!!!

check this out!!!

First of all, let me say thank you for all the information given!!
I have already attempted many types of distallation and extraction techniques to achieve this 'clear'. Extrememly difficult for me as i am not in the states, so have to thread carefully, im currently looking at buying one of these gr's, managed to fine a spanish company that will sell one without all the red tape(although they still haven't named a price). On the flip side though you guys might want to check out this relatively cheap device that purports to do the same thing, with conventional equipment. Now i havent tried it as i am waiting on mine to arrive in the mail, but it does look promising, it might not be as efficient as the gr but if it works at that price, you could save bundles by getting shitloads of schwag!!!
I'm putting this out there because i know how quick our community is and with so many experts i am sure someone will quickly refine a way to use this device efficiently!!

It seems i cant post pics so i ill just post the links below;
http://oilextech.com/; for the extractor

Also check these guys out for getting those added terpenes(scent,etc). They have a good chart showing the different effects of the diff. terpenes;
www.pans-ink.com

p.s; for the money men out there sucking there thumbs, remember MARKETING is what sets the 'boys' apart from the 'men', if you give ten people the same product the one with the best marketing skills will outsell them all!!! As a consumer think about how many times a day you buy something based on this a la pepsi and coke!!! same diff.... Don't complain step your game up!!!

oldchuck

Veteran
I'm putting this out there because i know how quick our community is and with so many experts i am sure someone will quickly refine a way to use this device efficiently!!

It seems i cant post pics so i ill just post the links below;
http://oilextech.com/; for the extractor

Also check these guys out for getting those added terpenes(scent,etc). They have a good chart showing the different !

That extractor looks interesting and not expensive. Anybody have any experience with it and how it might apply to Cannabis extraction?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
That extractor looks interesting and not expensive.

It might work a little if no water was added. Otherwise it's just an essential oil distiller. I'd be surprised if the MHG machine posted earlier could distill much THC with the internal water. Microwave drying has come up on the boards many times, hasn't it? The machines can certainly be used to extract the essential oil - if they're being used, that's what's most likely.
http://www.milestonesrl.com/library/publications/21-publications/101-extraction.html

The Turkish reference at
http://oilextech.com/engineering/scientific-research/
using SFME on geranium did get some pentacosane to come over - it has a similar boiling point to cannabinoids if not slightly higher. I'd still go with solvent extraction, winterization, and a kugelrohr if there was one in the basement - though an air-driven tube furnace experiment could be run today if only there was also a spare pound of dry buds.

Hey Joe do you think this patent has any relevance to this? The wiped film seems like a cool idea. Starting material is crude solvent extract, which fits with the clear concentrate story.

Because of the color, I'm assuming some sort of chromatography might be used?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The flash chromatography part may be useful. Chromatography is simple and inexpensive if you recycle your solvent. All you need is a tube and silica or alumina. The wiped film part is dubious.

For comparison the method as already described in example 1 was substantially followed, however instead wiped film evaporation, use was made of rotary evaporation. As will be shown in the following, the difference in the product obtained is surprising and remarkable.

The procedure used for extraction in that example gives a 28% extract, while in the preferred embodiment, the extract is 55% THC. There was no difference whatsoever in the two extraction procedures except for the larger scale of the first method.

No wonder their preferred wiped film method has so much more THC if it starts with an extract with twice the THC concentration. Unsurprising and unremarkable. It was no accident that the same extract was not cut in half and used to compare the two methods.

Their cleanup, the methanol winterization - the reason why they are using the wiped film is to remove the methanol - the carbon treatment and centrifuging, increased the THC to 30% and 60% for the two methods, it barely did anything. So there was no reason to add methanol and do the wiped film part in the first place.

fullymelted

So Theres alot of threads around the internet about these guys shady works and experiments on us patients and I figured we should get as much truth to the situation as possible!! Lets get the cat out the bag!
I think they really put there foot in there mouth when they entered 4 entries in the la cannabis cup that all looked and smelled very similiar! It was pretty obvius whose stuff that was in the judges pack! And then you look at the solventless judges pack and theres "Clear" in there as well! You can see on there instagram @theclearscientist that he claims theres 90% raw terps...:laughing:

Im not sure about you but I Smoke THC from the herb I grew myself not the manufactured terps this guy is using and selling to people..
Please educate yourselves before you hate on this post as well for im sure theres lots of opinions.. I wanna hear them all!!:dance013:

please educate yourself with liquid chromatography testing before you bash. since cannabinoid themselves ARE terps and they only add less than 4% total terpenes wich are not fake but are idential to the terps found in marijuana then it would in fact be 90%+ terpenes. the terps they add are identical to the ones found in marijuana. isoprene units from marijuana and mangos are identical in the case of myrcene... same with pine trees and pinene.. terps are terps doesnt matter where it came from. the added terpenes create a synergistic effect on cannabinoids... myrcene allows cannabinoids to cross the blood brain barrier instantly.. meaning very low doses have a much greater affect on the cb1 and cb2 receptors they bind to.

their process includes fractional vacuum distillation of cannabinoids .. durring this process the terpenes are actually burnt off as they boil at muuuch lower temps than thc and cbd.
also.. ANY bho or bubble hash you make has 0 terpenes but rather terpenoids wich are diferent.... as soon as you introduce solvent to a terpene.. doesnt matter the polarity it changes the carbon skeleton of a terpene and they become terpenoids.. with that being said. adding raw TERPENES to a finished distilled product allows one to:

1 create specific formulas for different diseases... exact % of thc and cbd and terpene blends to achieve results.... you wouldnt cure cancer with the same formula you would use for epilepsy.. a tailored recipe for individuals specific needs is how medicine works.

2. enhance the cannabinoids potential by using terpenes as carriers and catalysts to aid in the process of binding to cb receptors.... less is more!

3. product the same batches consistantly over and over. where as bubble hash and bho is a shot in the dark and the % of actual medicinal compoounds isnt known until its tested and a finished product..... keep in mind the future of cannabis as medicine isnt something you smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you eat clear concentrate it has the potential to save lives. it is 100% hydrocarbon solvent free .

the reason the anti clear hype started was because some used car salesmen are mad that they call their oil solventless because that gimmick belongs to the shiesty bubble hash artists to have to rename their products to gain hype so they can raise prices and be elite. those are the people u should be bashing not the people who have single handedly created a process to isolate each aspect of cannabis and blend them together to create various medicines for several diferent diseases. if you think about it....... they set the bar pretty high for everyone else to follow. its about healing people not whos oil tastes the best when you slap in a hot nail.