What's new

heath inspired test prototype (aero)

Ground Up

I hear ya about the air exchange. Im in the same boat with warmer weather on the way. I just had to take one of my 1ks out and replace with a 600 beacuse the temps have been slowly creepin up into the mid to high 80's. Now with that change im hovering at 80-82. I just need a few more weeks to get through this run and then i will have to get things sealed up.

I just installed my 25,000btu ac..Havnt sealed room back up..plugged in two bare bulbs and half hour later.....68 deg. And its 101 deg today....should be good .tomarrow I'll hook up co2...run it and another bulb to make three...shit........i dont even have enough plants to fill her up!

D

DHF

Guys....I`m not sayin I was the first , but I employed all my basement setups with a "lung" room waaaay back when I ran Krusty buckets to pump as close to perfect environment into and out of my rooms before Heath ever told me bout major air exchange twice per minute with bare bulbs ftw almost 10 yrs later........but....

I had passive "darkroom" dampers for intakes with 8" vortex inline fans on my exhaust scrubber combo`s suckin heat and stank out the rooms with bigass plants , and lookin back on it I was prolly exchangin room air once per minute without active intakes but it worked with major humidity......

I had wallbanger a/c`s with dehuey mode and auto re-start mounted thru wall in the grow areas for insurance in deep summer , but ........

In the basement setups they only kicked on lil bit with the conditioned air from the lung rooms bein pumped into and sucked out of em couple months at best , so Ground up....

Sealed rooms and CO2 supplements can be overcome even in 100 degree temps cuz I live in Hell , if yas can work it into your space with air exchange twice per minute and a "lung area" to recondition exhausted environment back into the good shit as it gets pumped back into and sucked outta flip rooms ftw......

Things to ponder cuz everyone`s setup and environment is different humidity and ambient temps wise.......so...

Good luck and bet on this.....FHC`s gettin there fer sure.....just a matter of time....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Ground Up

Well im not sure where hell is ..but at 106 yesterday , it felt like it here..gonna do things the way I know this round, but if I can keep the room in the 70 with it being 106 yesterday, i feel pretty confident I can pull this off,gonna throw all the plants I have and go fer it.....besides i can pull two units a lite now horiz...I should be able to make this work.. actually I'm sorry Fhc. I feel I'm thread jacking here... Thanks fir all the input and insperation!!..

D

DHF

Well im not sure where hell is ..but at 106 yesterday , it felt like it here..gonna do things the way I know this round, but if I can keep the room in the 70 with it being 106 yesterday, i feel pretty confident I can pull this off,gonna throw all the plants I have and go fer it.....besides i can pull two units a lite now horiz...I should be able to make this work.. actually I'm sorry Fhc. I feel I'm thread jacking here... Thanks fir all the input and insperation!!..
Gotta do what works for you....It stays 100 degrees down here 3-4 months a yr......but with 80-90% relative humidity 12 months a yr , so ...

I had the advantage over the plants till end of stretch , but dehuey`s rule till end of cycle with major airflow to prevent any airborn nasties from settlin in said flip rooms.....and....

It`s all good on knowledge shared down here as long as it`s relevant to "your" situation and what`s needed for you to dial your plants and environment where you are geographically cuz dialage is different everywhere in the world......but.....

70% RH till end of stretch , and then as low as yas can keep it till end of cycle with lights on/off temps never varying more than 10 degrees and the lil things such as lowerin N and uppin P and K durin full swellage helps make the girls be all they can be.....

My 2 cents from all them yrs....DHF....:ying:....

DHF.. do you want 70% RH till end of stretch during lights off too?

Also... I have my veg plants on the GH nutes 1/4 strength and they look great. My plan going into flower was to just move up to about half strength as in 5/10/15 and see how it goes.
But ive been reading that after stretch you should cut out the grow completely? and then later remove micro all together? Does that sound right? I have also been using cal mag, silica blast, and of course drip clean. Im liking the results and its going to be very nice to run a clean system for once.

D

DHF

DHF.. do you want 70% RH till end of stretch during lights off too?

Also... I have my veg plants on the GH nutes 1/4 strength and they look great. My plan going into flower was to just move up to about half strength as in 5/10/15 and see how it goes.
But ive been reading that after stretch you should cut out the grow completely? and then later remove micro all together? Does that sound right? I have also been using cal mag, silica blast, and of course drip clean. Im liking the results and its going to be very nice to run a clean system for once.
GH 3 part`s babyshit simple once the particular strain`s sweet spot is found , and yes Bro.....

After stretch is over only micro and bloom are needed , and micro can be dialed back with more and more bloom to keep ppms consistent till end of cycle...and...

Here`s the way I ran my shit FHC....

I had big cabinets I ran rooted cuts and pre-veglings in 1 end of the basement setups that averaged like 12 x 32-40 till they went in the flip rooms at the other end of the total sq ftg that stayed 12/12 24/7/365 , but the basements stayed 70-90 % RH 24/7/365 and what got sucked into and out of the cabinets was moist humidity laden air constantly ftw....as to where.....

The bloom rooms a month or so apart in age would have 1 room in late flower at all times with the 1 next to it goin through stretch at all times , and ....

The lung rooms would keep air pumped in and out around 70% constantly EVEN during lights off BUT air exchange twice per minute and the dehuey`s in the late flower bloom rooms would kick on and do their best to control RH below 50% in said rooms till end of cycle ftw....but....

Always remember that the plants shit out what RH and CO2 during lights off that they didn`t use during lights on , so that`s where major air exchange and dehueys are the most important phase of lights off sequences till the plants finish because of the elevated RH and CO2 levels the plants don`t need and can develop all those molds and mildews all our GrowBro`s on the left coast in medville complain about ruinin their crops on a regular basis.......so...to summarize...

Yes....70% RH even during lights off WITH major air exchange , and as low as humanly possible with dehuey assist till end of cycle ESPECIALLY during lights off when levels go crazy.....

Bobbles ain`t got 2 Drizairs in his setup but for 1 reason.....LIGHTS OFF dialage...He knows the drill....and....

I expect no less from you Bro even though yas gotta sealoff and run CO2 supplements during summer without lungroom ability , cuz it`s all about dialage and what works WHERE yas are and whatchas have ta work with.....but....

Lungrooms ftw....bet on it....

Holler....Freds...:ying:.....

D

DHF

How did you get your RH so high..misters in lung room,or big cool air humidifier??
Even though I`ve bitched for yrs bout livin in Hell due to Gestapo tactics from LEO GU , I live in "God`s Country" where ambient RH is 70-90% daily , and it just so happened that elevated RH levels are conducive to pot plants blowin the hell up with dialed environment and......

I just got lucky.......Where you are whole house humidifiers or ultrasonic foggers such as from hydrofogger.com are beneficial till end of stretch to maintain proper nutrient uptake and transpiration......again....

All about dialin YOUR environment where you are ftw......but guaranteed....70% RH till end of stretch and as low as possible with major air exchange till end of cycle is your friend GU.....and .....

I never knew why other than Krusty preachin it waaaaay back in the day till a science geek here and couple other weedsites told me about "VPD" Vapor Pressure Deficit , and it all came together to explain why I was so fortunate to live in the Hell of the 7 southeastern states and prosper from ambient conditions with big OR small plants regardless......but....

It did have somethin ta do with runs under my belt to observe and realize what needed to go on for the bitches benefit over the yrs where I could squeeze every gram out of em ftw in the long run........anyways....

Environment over watts per sq ft ALL day long....Lumens are important , but if the plants can`t get into that "circadian rythym" of nutrient uptake and proper transpiration so they can be all they can be , then it`s a constant battle to get em to produce " consistently" , and ....

Every run will be different till yas figure out a copy of the rules.....bet on it....

FHC...lookin fer big things outta yas in the near future.........

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DHF What are; wallbanger a/c`s with dehuey mode?

Are these just window A/C units with built in de- Huey's?

D

DHF

I think he means like dry mode or something prolly Mega.
Thanks AOD...Yeah Mega window units with "auto-restart" in case of power outages/brown-outs and "dehuey/dry" mode to "assist" in pullin moisture outta the room air after end of stretch....

Just remember durin lights off in full swellage mode RH and CO2 SKYROCKET without major air exchange or dehuey`s runnin 24/7 that adds more heat in the bloom rooms and fights environment every step of the way with the a/c workin overtime and makin the power meter spin like a mofo 24/7 .....

I mounted my a/c`s and dehueys for summer insurance "through the walls" and sealed em so all heatgain was left out in the lung areas and wouldn`t affect the grow areas while bein re-conditioned with whole buncha cubic ftg lungroom air and bein pumped into and out of the fliprooms....

All about the lil things guys ......bet on it...

Take care....DHF....:ying:.....

Ground Up

How did you mount the dehueys through the wall?
Here what i eneded up doing with my ac thru wall also built a cabinet for it on backside and a roof vent with a 1250 cfm fan to vent heat.... keeps the room a nice 72 deg...
the pic is from the bottom of cab, w/o bottom,also hooking an 8' vortec to bottom to assist in case roof fan fails~!

Attachments

• IMAG0342.jpg
    IMAG0342.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0340.jpg
    IMAG0340.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 10
D

DHF

How did you mount the dehueys through the wall?
Remember FHC......I had angled corners covered in reflectix right ?........

Dehuey`s and a/c`s mounted thru the walls in the corners and sealed with black silicone caulk for no light leaks in OR out ftw...

All equipment was in the corners opposite and away from each other in case they hadta run at the same time in extreme heatwave situations the lungrooms couldn`t handle so they wouldn`t fight each other in the process and make power meter spin any worse than needed....IOW....

A/C`s up high in 1 corner cuz cold air falls , and dehuey midways up on the opposite corner to pull as much water out the air as the fans beneath the stacked bulbs push the heavy air up before bein exhausted out thru the scrubber combo`s , with wall fan`s on all 4 walls creating a vortex of air "around the plants" but not on em to prevent excess transpiration and nutrient uptake.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

I see... i thought the way dehueys work was that they pull air in and push the dehumidified air (and heat) out the other side? Which is why im a little confused how you mount it through the wall? (unless the backside is into your lung room? also...

Wouldn't the air conditioned air high on the wall just be exhausted right out of the top of your exhaust/fan/scrubber combo? And about your wall fans in a vertical setup? So you had 4 fans, one in each corner blowing above the plants? did they oscilate?

thanks for the help man, just getting ready to do some upgrading.

D

DHF

I like how you`re payin attention to the posts Bro , but you`re forgettin the a/c`s and dehuey`s in the actual flip rooms were auxiliary/insurance only to come on when lungroom conditions couldn`t keep up which were rare , but they did happen.....and...

My exhaust scrubber combo`s on the ceilings were exactly opposite the thru-wall a/c units and directly above the dehueys to provide double duty pullin out max built up RH and heat along wirh....the stank factor....

Lungroom`s provide environment for the bitches Bro......10 months out of the yr.....rather did......anyways...

I`m bout 1/2 fucked up from fishin , smokin , and drinkin not necessarily in that order while waitin for GF ta finish supper,so I may have overlooked some aspects of my otherwise in depth explanations cuz..... I`m not as think as you drunk I am....LOL..........

Peace....Freds...:ying:.....

No worries man..i wish i was in the mood ta be drinkin but im in recovery mode after all the partying i did this past weekend.

Ive decided against using my tiny lung room. Instead, i will be mounting my mini split high on one wall. And the dehumidifier high on the opposite wall. The exhaust/fan/scrubber high in between on the back wall. And the c02 high on the last wall. The exhaust fan/scrubber will pull all that air from the AC the c02 and the dehuey and it will be ducted right back down to the floor to be pushed slowly up the center. One big constant loop if you will.

Sound great to me....

Mister_D

Veteran
Sounds like a plant to me FHC :good:. I've never used a lung room in a sealed enviroment, always seemed like a waste of good plant space to me. As long as your a/c is properly sized, and you've got enough air moving around it shouldn't have any problems keeping the whole area at the perfect temp 24/7/365 ftw.

D

DHF

Sounds like a plant to me FHC :good:. I've never used a lung room in a sealed enviroment, always seemed like a waste of good plant space to me. As long as your a/c is properly sized, and you've got enough air moving around it shouldn't have any problems keeping the whole area at the perfect temp 24/7/365 ftw.
I never used a "sealed environment" and wouldn`t know wtf to do with a tank of gas and a timed controller to maintain optimum "so-called" 1500 ppm levels , OR a propane/natural gas heater to provide gas from the byproduct and heat from burnoff that hasta be dealt with from providing the needed gas for plant "survival" in a sealed environment when it`s inherent in the air we breathe and easily given to the plants in lower consistent/constant ppm levels they can ingest with major air exchange twice per minute.......but....

Yas gotta do whatchas gotta do to maintain environment in YOUR setup at any cost.....Good luck and ....Supper was good.....Bongs and bed now.....

Peace...Freds....:ying:.....

Thanks Mr. What would you guys go with in my room? a 12000btu or higher? Remember ..

I will never have in the 8x8x8 room more then 2 1ks...or 3 600's. But...i will also have the dehumidifier and a tiny bit of heat from the water cooled co2 gen. (beacuse im ducting the co2 in).

is a 1 ton enough? for a couple hundred more i can get the 18kbtu.

Latest posts

Latest posts