What's new

heath inspired test prototype (aero)

D

DHF

Rule of thumb on bare bulbs is 4000 btu`s of cooling per 1 KW of HID lighting , but overkill`s not too good on AC unless it`s like the Freidrich Mr D`s runnin in his setup with the compensation built in on his mini-split....but...12000 btu/1 ton unit oughta work well FHC without causin problems....

Good things outta the Freidrich`s in Medville from several sources....

Gone nitey....Freds....

Ground Up

Thanks Mr. What would you guys go with in my room? a 12000btu or higher? Remember ..

I will never have in the 8x8x8 room more then 2 1ks...or 3 600's. But...i will also have the dehumidifier and a tiny bit of heat from the water cooled co2 gen. (beacuse im ducting the co2 in).

is a 1 ton enough? for a couple hundred more i can get the 18kbtu.
shit man i installed a 25,000 btu,go with the 18k its easier on the unit ,it wont struggle,, its 97deg today,, i was in and out of room all day working in it and it held at 74 ,,,, cant complain about it working too well...

Grizz

Veteran
fhc i would get the big one if you can afford it, it wont have to work as hard and should do the jobb easy, overkill is a good thing in ac units

I was swayin towards the 18, but like dhf said..bigger might not be better, but is there such a thing as too much, with the inverter technology?

Mister_D

Veteran
FHC - whats the insulation like in your grow room? You can certainly get away with the 18k. It will be overkill as mini splits are much more efficent over portable or window units, but if you get an inverter model it's all good :biggrin:.

Mister_D

Veteran
With insulation like that a 12k will do you just fine, but you can grab an 18k and it won't hardly have to work at all. Overkill is underrated IMO. I'd personally grab the 18k just in case global warming takes over and you have to grow in 130 deg weather :biggrin:

D

DHF

Like ya`ll payin attention more and more Bro.....but....Here`s the thing bout the auxiliary a/c`s in the flip rooms......

What they did was to actually help my lungroom`s ambient temps more than the grow area`s themselves , so no`s the answer to your question FHC.....but....

No shit....A/C`s inside the rooms only ran during the afternoons when it was well over 100 outside , and even though most of my setup`s were 5-6' in the ground in the deepest parts of the basements , with........

Lights on and dehuey`s hoonin inside bloom room`s that were in late flower and finishing ,the lungroom`s had heatgain buildup the bigass wallbanger a/c and the active intake from up under the house`s crawlspace supplying cool fresh air thru hepa filters couldn`t keep up with.....so....

For the most part since I researched for yrs and planned my shit out.....My lungrooms supplied environment for my bitches , with the auxiliary equipment inside the fliprooms providing insurance for guaranteed consistent returns across the board month to month , yr in , and yr out cuz I`d already experienced crop failure back in the day and knew I was better than that shit...and you are as well FHC....

Gotta make a plan and attack that shit......Or....Your bitches`ll turn on yas when yas least expect it.....for ALL kinds of reasons and variables.....anyways.....

Grillin bacon wrapped shrimp and scallops......well....I`m teachin GF ta grill , while I drink beer and hit bongs so this could turn out either way....:biggrin:....

Good luck Bro....Freds.....:ying:.....

So dhf,, Im trying to understand. Is this how it was?

The crawlspace intake fan runs 24/7, and the flip room exhaust/scrubber combo at 2x a minute?

The ac was set to come on at a certain temp?

Attachments

• dhf room.jpg
    dhf room.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 12
D

DHF

So dhf,, Im trying to understand. Is this how it was?

The crawlspace intake fan runs 24/7, and the flip room exhaust/scrubber combo at 2x a minute?

The ac was set to come on at a certain temp?
Bro...The intake from the crawlspace was to supply fresh air into the lungroom....and....

Each flip room also had active intakes plugged into speed controllers and thermostats to keep the air in from overtaking the air out and lettin smell seep , cuz .......

With scrubber/exhaust combo`s airflow`s slowed by the scrubber there HAS to be negative pressure in each grow area so all the neighbors don`t know you`re growin dope by allowing smell/stank to seep out with constant air exchange dialed to as close to twice per minute as possible......

When I built a wall from front to back in a basement it ended up in the 500 sq ft range for lung room equipment and 2 flip rooms that averaged 125+/- sq ft , so .....

I mounted a 24000 btu/2 ton wallbanger a/c thru the wall out into the basement with a bigass carbon scrubber on a timer that dumped stagnant built up environment every 6 hrs 4 times a day cuz flip rooms were always 1 room lights on and 1 off to prevent RH buildup down here in Hell.....so....

Fresh cool air comin into the basements via crawlspace active intakes with active intakes and exhaust/scrubber combo`s in each flip room pushin and pullin perfect environment in and out each room with timed exhaust out into the remaining basement sq ftg to prevent humidity or ambient temp build up for the consistent results I hadta have for my OCD old ass.....anyways.....

Good luck Bro....You`re askin all the right questions..

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

Ground Up

That sounds great if you have a basement.....makes me wish I had a bomb shelter.....which is an even cooler name if its what it grew..... Good air /circ and c02 should be for the win..

D

DHF

That sounds great if you have a basement.....makes me wish I had a bomb shelter.....which is an even cooler name if its what it grew..... Good air /circ and c02 should be for the win..
Where I live to control environment , it`s basements or spend more money on powerbills upstairs in the main body of the houses that made no sense to me when I was renovatin em and gettin said home ready for resale in a 1 yr period with all my shit down underneath that could be ripped out without any knowledge at the end ......

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

Thanks DHf... I now understand how your rooms worked. Like ground up said.."I wish i had a basement."

Only one way to cool my room in deep summer is sealing it up with Ac.

My plan of constant air exchange from the top pumped back down to the bottom with co2 and the mini split should work pretty good. Some would even find that peculiar.

but i love all that air movement!

Grizz

Veteran
cat im lazy and dident read a bunch of pages but did you already run the adubb ? curious as just got it and really dident care for the dt7 for vert screens, info needed ?

Latest posts

Latest posts