What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some breeding and preservation projects

purple clouds

Veteran
super metal haze

i ran out of f2 seeds and found no males. so i had to go back to my f1 stock. all plants have a fruity sweet smell and flavor. there is variation in the kind of fruit. the best plants have either a peach or grape taste. flowering time is 16+ weeks.

the high is the same on all plants, an intense spacey energized feeling overcomes you. normal thinking is gone and replaced with righteous feelings from the soul. i watched many people go into a blank stare as they just sit there and "feel it".

no males yet but i found an f1 female with extreme potency. i smoked the top bud with 3 people to test how far i could go with it. i had it heaping way up out of the bowl. about halfway through none of us wanted anymore, but i pushed everyone to finish. this stuff burns forever, so much resin it forms into a ball in the middle of the bowl, which burns like hash. it took around 45 minutes to smoke it all, with someone constantly taking a hit. i didn't find a ceiling and kept getting noticeably higher with each hit. you get to a point where your coordination is way out of whack and its hard to walk.
i just planted half of the f1 stock i have left to search for some males. hopefully most of them sprout as they are from 2005.

the first two are the peach pheno. the rest is the f1 female which had a grapish flavor.

Attachments

• smh5.jpg
    smh5.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 14
  • supermetalhaze.jpg
    supermetalhaze.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 16
  • smh1.jpg
    smh1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 16
  • smh9.jpg
    smh9.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC 0058 5
    DSC 0058 5
    100.9 KB · Views: 19
  • smh18.jpg
    smh18.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 15
  • smh17.jpg
    smh17.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 13
  • smh16.jpg
    smh16.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 15
  • smh13.jpg
    smh13.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13
  • smh11.jpg
    smh11.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17

purple clouds

Veteran
some more

Attachments

• smhdriedshot.jpg
    smhdriedshot.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 11
  • smhdriedbowl.jpg
    smhdriedbowl.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 12
  • super metal haze2.jpg
    super metal haze2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
  • super metal haze1.jpg
    super metal haze1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 10
  • smhplant.jpg
    smhplant.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 11
D

daylighting

purple clouds, the Indian smells like mangoes and exotic flowers I simply can't identify. It smokes very smoothly and since I grew it organically, burns to a clean white ash. I smoked some of my last little bag of my harvest yesterday and I ate the largest dinner I've had in a long time, and still wanted more!

I just got in several lbs of worm castings. Calling them black gold is very apt. I have far more use for them than gold, that's for sure!

As for germing the old seeds, I'm going to use H2O2 and a touch of kelp and put them on paper towels I change every 3-4 days. The H2O2 should keep the bacteria/mold at bay. I've had the Indian seeds take over three weeks to germ in the past!

That Super Metal Haze sounds incredible! I've had NYC 'haze' like that. I think that batch of haze was more Indica, however. That was way back in '99. A gram between two of us and neither of us could walk for about half an hour, and then we staggered to the subway with great difficulty. lol

B

Bag

nice thread man, that peach weed sounds amazing , i been looking for some peachy weed for years, found all kinds of fruity except peaches. keep up the good work and nice pix !!!

Apodo

that would be a good cross apodo. it is in another direction then where i'm headed for breeding wise at the moment though. willing to donate seeds for half the cross if you want to make those clouds of thoughts reality.
I'll be honoured to do a reproduction and eventually the cross itself when the opportunity arise.
I understand clearly the value in the conservation itself, so if anyone can do it before myself, that person should get the seeds first.
In truth, I got my hands in a nice sativa paraguaya circa 1993, regrettably I got 1 seed, so I must find a decent parent first before attempting the germination. Paraguay did't scape to the treand of massive hibridation for comercial gain. In Argentina, most of the herb in the black market comes from Paraguay, but the hybridization did not occur until 2000 (or early '90 in accordance of some sources). So there is chance to revive this sativa of old, because is quite probably that more people conserve it itself (because seed stock from seedbanks was available in the last few years here).
When I know that I can contribute to the conservation project in a direct form, surely, I will contact you for some remnants seeds :).

Your Metal Haze is a beautiful plant, the characteristic ceilingless hight from the classic sativas in well expressed in your strain. Peaches is quite a unique taste in cannabis, don't lose sight from it.
Hope you are well, and I commend your efforts again.

purple clouds

Veteran
daylighting, the indian sounds even better now. some old seeds will take even longer. don't give up on them unless you can tell they are rotting.
the seeds i gave up on took 5 months to sprout(must of had some hard shells). sometimes a little dry period will help if they don't pop for you after a couple weeks.

thanks bag, i want to breed towards the peach taste. i have some mota mortal seeds that are supposed to taste like peaches too. i want to cross the 2 together, hoping to find more peach plants to stabilize into an ibl

apodo, cool to hear you have an old paraguay seed. i have 2 different lines from paraguay i think they are both pure. i got them from bsc.

D

daylighting

Thanks, I'll definitely be more patient in future. I've never heard of seeds taking five months!

purple clouds

Veteran
New beginnings

New beginnings

hehe I thought you might do that :)

Well the past two years has mostly been about learning more about my self and gaining more understanding what I'm doing here in this life.

Shortly after my last post in this thread. I burned my garden for security reasons. (never help an addict if it threatens your own security) I lost 2-3 years of finding keeper plants. I lost a pure rain female, pure bangladesh male and female, mullumbimby madness and I lost the super metal haze line.

After a couple days of not smoking(I got rid of dried herb too). My health declined very quickly. After several weeks of Doctors telling me lies and making my health worse I figured out I had lyme disease with the help of a special friend who had it too.
By now it was about 8 months since I had lyme and co infections. It had worked itself throughout most of body and brain by then. I found a natural health doctor who knew how the body works and after several months of treatments, detoxing and keeping up nutrition I was regaining my health, most importantly my mind was coming back.
I'm happy to say I'm almost back to good health now and I'm back to breeding again with renewed focus and a greater understanding of what i'm doing... I needed these lessons in life and I'm a better and stronger person for having gone through this.

I've been doing preservation runs and making some hybrids the past several months looking for keepers. Here is some of the stuff I did and am working on molokai Frost, cherry Bomb, Angola roja, wild paki, ot haze, mango thai, red thai, lemon skunk, lh/a11g X a11g, cabeca de nega, Rain X bangladesh, blue-black rain X colombian black/rain, metal haze, SMH X rain IX1, and some more I can't remember at the moment.

The Super Metal Haze will be remade and tweaked to be better then the original in due time.

I'll get some eye candy up soon with more details.

blessings

purple clouds

Veteran
Chocolate Sativa from BSC

Attachments

• choco chiba5.jpg
    choco chiba5.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 17
  • choco chiba4.jpg
    choco chiba4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
  • choco chiba3.jpg
    choco chiba3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 18
  • Canopy
    Canopy
    97.1 KB · Views: 26
  • choco chiba2.jpg
    choco chiba2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 15
  • choco chiba6.jpg
    choco chiba6.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 17
  • choco chiba7.jpg
    choco chiba7.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
  • choco chiba8.jpg
    choco chiba8.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
  • choco chiba9.jpg
    choco chiba9.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 14
  • choco chiba10.jpg
    choco chiba10.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 12

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
These Choco Thaï pix are sublissimes!
Full sunny wibes with you and your stars bro, big big up as well for your Red Thaï reproduction and let's dream about all the "red" crosses now possible! (Angola/Congo/Swazi...)
:smoke:

justabluez

Veteran
Hello Purple Clouds!

I like your work with those SATIVAs! Hopefully I will be able to grab some of your donated stuff from the GNF Auction coming up!!!

I'm resonating healing vibes in your direction! Hope your health improves more and more each day!!

Chomba64

Veteran
Great work you are doing. If we don't preserve old landrace and heirloom lines people will just read about them and never experience them. Peace

BluesHarp

Well put Chomba. These types of strains have to be preserved. Just beautiful....

Thanks Purple Cloud for all your hard work..

BluesHarp