in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > DWC Original Haze Hedgerow

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
DWC Original Haze Hedgerow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2011, 04:04 PM #1
gdtrfb
have you seen my lighter?

gdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nice
DWC Original Haze Hedgerow

This grow is already about 3 weeks into flowering, so I guess I'll have to start with a bit of a retrospective on wtf is going on

There's more than this going on in this room, and I'll occasionally let the camera wander, but what I'm mainly looking to keep track of is an 8 bucket rdwc. 6 buckets of an Original Haze cut, 1 Chimera Schnazzleberry #2, and a Nirvana Blue Mystic

The Schnazz I've ran once prior, and the Blue Mystic is brand new to me, but the Ohaze lady has earned a continuing hunk of floorspace wherever I have light bulbs for a couple of years now - she finishes in 10 to 11 weeks, flourishes in 12/12, and tastes like batter dipped deep fried awesomeness.

An old baby picture of her from the seed run

Some of the first buds she gave me

This time around, I started off with a dozen buckets under 1800 watts, but for various reasons it got scaled back to 8 buckets under 1200 watts. The 600w bulbs are in air cooled hoods exhausted to another room so I can help heat the house with lumens this winter. A Whitewater LT24 air pump feeds the buckets, and a 27g res with a Mag 9.5 pump moves the water around.

For a plant that stretches for 7 weeks, I maaaaaaay have over vegged her a little bit this run

OK, maybe more than a little bit.

Without some kind of bondage, there's no way these ladies weren't going to grow thru the ceiling...but I also needed to make whatever was going to happen work with the two oddball schnazz/blue mystic buckets, too. So...some PVC and some string were shaken together, and things got a screen dumped on top. Starting off, the plan is to at least attempt to bend/manipulate/control the haze with the screen, and let the Schnazz/Blue Mystic grow thru in a more trellis like fashion. If I'm lucky, they'll at least somewhat land in the same canopy by the time it all shakes out.

Day 1 of 12/12

the 6 buckets on the left are Ohaze, the far right back row bucket you can't really see for shit in this pic is the schnazz, and the relatively midget looking plant in the front row, far right is the blue mystic
gdtrfb is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 PM #2
gdtrfb

gdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nice
Day 4

at this point as much time is spent with the haze below the screen pushing new tops up...as is spent tucking the stretchier tops back under and over a square or two. She's beyond cooperative with this process, tho - just for examples sake:

on the left, just after tucking - on the right, one hour later. You can bend, pinch, and mangle her as much as you want...this girl is just gonna grow.

Schnazzleberry clears the screen

Blue Mystic hasn't quite yet made it yet, but is throwing on shoots-a-plenty

Day 6
Less than a week in, and the haze has already run amok, and there was enough screen space...so there was great tucking, bending and S&M lowering the haze canopy to the screen again.

Day 7

...and a day later, it looks like I hadn't even done a damned thing.

Day 10

A couple days unmolested and some tops are 6 to 9 inches above the screen - if I was an optimistic person, I might think she was getting it out of her system but this is only the beginning

Day 15

On day 14, another great mangling was had - all tops were shimmied around to drop the canopy to the screen again - a day later and she's already straining the strings and has formed a new field of tops
gdtrfb is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 05:15 PM #3
gdtrfb

Day 17

Up till now, the nute routine has been RO water, Botanicare Calmag, and a 50/50 mix of MaxiGro and Maxibloom, with the PH swinging between 5.8 and 6.1 and the EC at about 1.3-1.4. On day 16, the system was drained and refilled with Calmag and Maxibloom only at an EC of 1.4.

A top down view

The blue mystic, still struggling to kick the screen's ass

It's managed to carve out a little slice of canopy for itself, but I've got my doubts it's not going to just get overran by haze

schnazzleberry - this thing is starting to remind me of a palm tree
gdtrfb is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM #4
gdtrfb

Day 18

Schnazz with a hazey foreground

Day 22

Let there be Cotton balls, Ohaze

Day 23

Starting to look a little more like a shrubbery - either that, or barely controlled goofiness.

a little slice of the outer wall-o-haze

Blue mystic starting to fill in a bit
gdtrfb is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM #5
jwm

jwm has a spectacular aura aboutjwm has a spectacular aura aboutjwm has a spectacular aura aboutjwm has a spectacular aura about
very nice set up.
jwm is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM #6
fonzee
Weed Cannasaur

fonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of light
Don't sleep near that haze, its going to eat you alive...

Plants looks great, I'm tagged ~
fonzee is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 AM #7
gdtrfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm View Post
very nice set up.
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzee View Post
Don't sleep near that haze, its going to eat you alive...
but what a way to go

Day 24

For the foreseeable future, there's going to be a reflector floating around in there if I keep trying this camera angle - there's a couple of strains being test driven in dirt, hopefully there'll be a keeper or 3

4 sour bubble ladies, at 9 days 12/12

elsewhere, a Satori at day 13
gdtrfb is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 AM #9
niggle

niggle is on a distinguished road
that scrog is dense as fuck ... that's going to be some great smoke!
niggle is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 04:44 AM #10
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Wow my friend, you have a grow to be proud of. Subscribed!
hush is offline Quote