What's new

strange resin secretions

bamakind

i am currently growing black dominon x jack flash . it produces super sticky / oily buds . i have started noticing strange resin secretions on the buds . both fresh and dry . these secretions appear to be pure oil . we have a discussion about this at unleastthegreen.com thread at UTG
have any of you here at icmag seen or heard of this before ? here are some pics .

guineapig

Veteran
i have been trying to figure this one out...

all i know is that there are capitate-stalked glands and Sessile glands and if i had to guess i would say that there is an abundance of these "Sessile" glands here....maybe..

nice shiny pics though!

gp

G

G'day bamakind,

I've had something that looks the same happen to me on several occasions.
I'm not sure what it is, but I tasted it ( like any idiot would) and it tastes like pure sugar, also it has only happened when I've used Carboload so I'm assuming this is resposible. I recken it looks cool though, an' you can brag about how your budz ooze with resin lol.

G

Great pics by the way, I wish I had taken some when I had it happen

G

guest3854

Had something similar , but not as amber , on a sativa pheno Shark Shock . I at first thought that it was a reflection of a cluster of gland heads , but neep!
Nice photo Bama

G

seen this many times on forums, apparently it is some sort of "sap"

it isnt thc, isnt cbd's, and wont get you high

mostly likely the "lifejuice" of the plant as in glucose or sugar or something like that

G

I am not sure I would change how and what I am doing as they are very nice looking plant's. Very nice looking and just beautiful in color. A very nice look at some quality grown bud's.

Now I have used Carboload for a year now, never seen this yet, so I wonder if it is the amount used, or say your strain has process more sugar on it's on naturally and the addition of carboload make's it an excessive amount and that is why is is oozed out of the plant. Very interesting to say the least.

My next question is, "when did you use the carboload?" only in bloom stage?

Stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

Kudos for your effort and pic's Bamakind, very nice and thank you for sharing.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
ummm... :chin:
to be quite honest, looks to me like honeydew.
it's actually an excretion of aphids and whiteflies and some species of scale.

basically, it's simply sugars that the insects arent able to process.

thats what it appears to be to me.

I'm not sure what it is, but I tasted it ( like any idiot would) and it tastes like pure sugar,

yep, thats basically what what honeydew is. which is why ants will actually farm aphids and protect them from predators.

might want to give your girls a thorough once over for insects.

peace
beans

G

realhigh said:
Now I have used Carboload for a year now, never seen this yet, so I wonder if it is the amount used, or say your strain has process more sugar on it's on naturally and the addition of carboload make's it an excessive amount and that is why is is oozed out of the plant. Very interesting to say the least.
Makes sense, bro, it's only happened to me with my Kc36, and she smells so sweet it's sickly, no matter how she's grown.

realhigh said:
My next question is, "when did you use the carboload?" only in bloom stage?
Yep, only in Bloom, and I only use it at 3/4 strength.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
one more quick note....

if this is as i suspect it is, then get it under control and fast as honeydew is an ideal growing enviorment for black sooty mold and can ruin a crop in no time

in my days working in the nursery industry i had to throw out many a bush due to this stuff. hollies are especially susceptible.

peace :wave: (and good luck)
beans

G

Hey dude,
Thanks for the advice, and I can't speak for bamakind, but in my case it was not insects, I haven't a clue what caused it, but I guess the truth is out there...( x-files music)...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I used to think it was from bugs but after a lot of observation found it only comes from certain strains I grow and only those strains. And yes it tastes and burns just like a sugar sap would. I also found the formations to be fairly exclusive to that area around the base of the bud where it meets the branch.

bamakind

hey allmanbroskif ! yes , same old bama here . i just dont post at CC anymore . mostly at UTG at a few times here . i really like icmag thoe , some killer growers around here for sure .

this is a sugery sap of such . nothing to do with pests for i have none . never had any fungal of mildue problems either . this pot is so oily , it would be difficult for any to get a foothold . its sweet as honeysuckle and if you could collect enough you could eat it on pancakes . its purpose , i dont know , but i think it might be a thermal insulator against cold secreted in the final weeks of flower . i tasted it , just like golden eagle syrup , smoked it and it bubbled and popped like oil , but didnt get me high . it is not a cannabanoid a dont think .
BamaKind's All Natural CannaSyrup ! i outta market this stuff ! :yummy:

G

I had a nice big drop of this resin land on a fan leaf once,,, a fan leaf above it took some damage on the stem and it leaked when it repaired itself. I had a buddy smoke it and he got no ill effects, but didnt get high either.

Was neat though.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
What ever you do man, just dont stick your wang in it. It sounds like it could be a trap.

G

Whatever you do, man, don't forget to try sticking your wang in it. Sounds like it could be really nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts