What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomaad

Veteran
I was not the first to say it, but that's what I do. Feed in the Am when the stomata are most open.

I was using biolink 3-3-3 back a few months ago and it left a major film on the plants that, while not too worrisome, was nasty to look at... Biolink 3-3-3 was an ingredient in Brix Mix, but has since been swapped out for something else. I have not noticed a need for a washing-off after applying Brix Mix. But I am pretty sure I am using it at way lower concentration than you are.

nomaad

Veteran
any one putting a dead animal in the bottom of there holes ?

might just be an aussie thing but my teacher taught me this :D

be careful or the dingo might steal your baby.

in the Us, the conventional wisdom is that wild animals might dig up your crop to get at the dead stuff. bears been known to go after plants with fish emulsion watered in. In the tropics, a grower I knew put a fish head under each plant.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
be careful or the dingo might steal your baby.

in the Us, the conventional wisdom is that wild animals might dig up your crop to get at the dead stuff. bears been known to go after plants with fish emulsion watered in. In the tropics, a grower I knew put a fish head under each plant.

LOL no Dingos round 'ere....mate... :tiphat: LOL no bears either..:gday:

ill dropping a few fish as you said in each hole this year with tom soil mix should turn to be pretty good wont be growing on your scale nomaad as still a little worried about them getting ripped again this year... so will be going smaller and and a few more instead of monster :)

D

danimal7

picture.php

ROFL! I love this picture! You look like some kind of superhero wanna-be ROFL!
oh, ps. were they some freebies you grew out?

Buckethead here.... yes they were some GH freebies that I had already sexed and done a test grow .....and kept a mum

T

Trinity Gold

I do not feed my plants Brix Mix but do foliar spray them with it. Bio Link was replaced with Phytamin.

Hey guys,

Having trouble with what im pretty sure is overwatering. After transplanting i soaked, and then water around edges (100 gallon smartpots) every other day after soaking for a total of 3 times. Only soaked the roots during transplant. The plants then started drooping.

Realizing I have to now be careful with the larger containers storing water, i let dry for about 8-9 days now. While they dont look as droopy, they are still not healthy and perky on bottoms and main water/fan leaves. The tops are perky and trying to grow, but no leaves enlarging into big fan leaves.

My growstore guy told me to use some HYGROZYME. So i just watered (not soaked) the rooted areas with it and a little B1.

Is hygrozyme what i should be doing? Plants are green just not vigorous like the other pots thats werent saturated.
:

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hi folks,

All is well, except I am starting to realize that I will never truly get fully caught up this summer, lol, scrambling around like a chicken with my head cut off. Most of these are a bona fide 8 feet+, and I can only imagine what they'll look like in 8 more weeks - 4-5 meters probably. These are Nomaad's Blue Dream cut.
picture.php

These ones went in much later, approximately five weeks later. But they are not slacking off by any means and are really starting to come in to their own now. These are Butte's Blue Dream cut.
picture.php

A couple bucks :) I am uber hammered with work, but will try to get back this evening. -T
picture.php

T

theJointedOne

yeah thats really impressive, great job.

Great job hero,

Layedback I can see your rig!!

Joined one:

Lol, yeah not my ride rig, its more like my tractor. Just use it to drive from the house down 12 acres to the plot and to move soil. unlicensed and stays on my property.

hey was wondering if any of you guys would like to share some of your compost tea mixtures for soil drench and foliar feeding the mixture im using per 50 gallons for soil drench is
2 1/2 cups of Mexican bat guano
2 1/2 cups of Peruvian seabird guano
2 cups of earth worth castings
3/4 cup of powdered maxicrop
and to the tea i add 600 ml high brix molasses and 500 ml of liquid karma

for my foliar feeding i cut the mixture in half and dilute 2 parts water to 1 part tea anything anyone think i could do better? or maybe im doing to much this is my first year with compost tea seems to be working out good i will post some pics as soon as i get my camera back thank you all

bushweed

Veteran
Hi folks,

All is well, except I am starting to realize that I will never truly get fully caught up this summer, lol, scrambling around like a chicken with my head cut off. Most of these are a bona fide 8 feet+, and I can only imagine what they'll look like in 8 more weeks - 4-5 meters probably. These are Nomaad's Blue Dream cut.
picture.php

These ones went in much later, approximately five weeks later. But they are not slacking off by any means and are really starting to come in to their own now. These are Butte's Blue Dream cut.
picture.php

A couple bucks :) I am uber hammered with work, but will try to get back this evening. -T
picture.php

Nice looking garden Tom! Beautiful countryside too. Nominated for photo of the month already...

Dkgrower

Veteran
Big hallo to everybody , thanks fore all the info.

We force flower in a greenhouse, inspired by the tread, we tryed this cycle to make big plants instead off just small and many.

It worked very well, we ditten use any nets just sticks and string to tie them down to make bushes, next time i will try and use buttes directions and some net matrial

One thing we discovered was that the big plants was one week later to finish judging by trichome devlopment

Is that common ?

I am thinking that maby we ditten water/feed the big ones enuff and thats the reason.

Also are any body using brewers yeast in the Tea's to give the plants a extra B vitamin boost.

nomaad

Veteran
Nice to hear about some monsters across the pond, especially in DK. I lived under a boat in Christiania for a few days... and traded hash on pusher street... in the 90's. Lived in the Ungdomshuset in Norrebro for a couple of months too. That scene was kinda the first MJ collective I belonged to.

I have heard that bigger plants finish later... I did not have enough plants of the same strains with size differences between them to have collected any real data. This year, I have a more uniform garden. We shall see.

I also used 100% sticks last year and no trellis netting. Never again. Minimal bamboo and then plastic trellis works like a charm. I will be doing another ring with pvc tubes or bamboo mounted on rebar stakes about a foot outside each pot.

Last edited:

plough

Question: How much do full-season outdoor plants stretch? Also, people say late July/early August is when they start flowering. Is that when they start to stretch or is that when they start setting buds?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.