What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomaad

Veteran
thanks. I was mixing, but I'll start doing one or the other. Any background on why? Should the two register different levels or would this indicate a problem?

localhero

TG, have you ever used microbe-lift PL? not BMC. its a bacteria also.

says:
* Reduces ammonia levels

* Dissolves away organic sludge

* Seeds and maintains biological filters

* Significantly reduces noxious odors caused by dead algae, fish fecal matter, and urine

* Reduces hydrogen sulfide, which creates strong, offensive odors

* Reduces biological oxygen demand (B.O.D.)

* Reduces buildup of bird droppings, fish feed and dead leaves

* Breaks down dead algae

* Improves dissolved oxygen levels

* Contains photosynthetic bacteria which reduces cloudy water by promoting flocculation and settling of organic and inorganic particles

* Effective over a wide range of pH conditions

i was also reading somewhere that its been used to reduce root rot, maybe because it consumes dead plant matter?

anyways was just wondering if this could be used in lieu of myco stop, being that pvfs is out of stock now, and NO hydro stores in LA stock the stuff.

thanks man

nomaad

Veteran
plenty of places to get it on the interwebs.

I am going to be hitting the roots with Hygrozyme in a couple of days... seems like I want it to do the above.

T

Trinity Gold

The PL is a pond enzyme..Like how the BMC stands for Bacterial Mosquito Control...I'm pretty sure PL is Pond Life..and will replace products like Hygrozyme , SensiZyme etc., I use a different enzyme myself, but I'm sure that the PL is fine, too. The one I like is a dry powder and the colonizing units per gram are crazy high..They all work...

Check out the following link LocalHero and you'll be able to get mycostop to your door

I also never order MycoStop from PVFS because they weren't shipping it on ice and they didn't sell 50 gram packs at the time..

www.verdera.fi

Coco Budder

I love this thread so much... I had just one question for the big op guys on here.. You guys ever get harrassed by the law? I mean you can see your farms from a Boeing 747 in the sky haha.. I know as long as your to numbers and everything is legit you will be alright, but that doesn't mean they wont try to pester you still right?

D

danimal7

7 foot
picture.php

D

danimal7

we are the knights who say ..........NEEEE! and we Demand a Shrubbery !.....

picture.php

ok here ya go

nomaad

Veteran
theloadeddragon: are you the same person who was the only soul to show me a modicum of welcome vibes during my short sojourn on T.H.C.Farmer?

theloadeddragon

theloadeddragon: are you the same person who was the only soul to show me a modicum of welcome vibes during my short sojourn on T.H.C.Farmer?

I sure am me, :).... Only me with my name I have seen around, :). Care for an update? Hope your grow is Stellar man.

Attachments

• DSCN2746.jpg
    DSCN2746.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN2803.jpg
    DSCN2803.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN2749.jpg
    DSCN2749.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN2795.jpg
    DSCN2795.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 21

nomaad

Veteran
I sure am me, :).... Only me with my name I have seen around, :). Care for an update? Hope your grow is Stellar man.

Your scene is looking beautiful, bro. Things are going well for me... the mods here at ICM even let me have my own thread where I'm not banned repeatedly for my attempts to contribute. :) Glad to see you round here.

T.rips

Hi Jenn,

I've played with a lot of different soil recipes over the years, 1rst year new soil mixes, as well as yearly additives. Here's a very simple mix that is well proven and I am comfortable recommending for those large outdoor containers. It gives about 50 cubic feet or just over 300 gallons (dry U.S), and fills a 6ft diameter container to a depth of about 18inches - perfectly.

25 bags black gold potting soil (1.5cf ea)

4 bags stutzman farms chicken manure (1 cf ea)

1 bag perlite (4 cf ea)

1 bag (50 lbs) bonemeal (steamed, not precipitated)

1/2 bag gypsum (aprox 1/2 cf) - Edit -> 1/2 of a 40 lb bag (20lbs).

Mix well, water thoroughly, let rest for 2-3 weeks minimum, transplant, and stand back :)

Best Regards,

Tom

picture.php

Im guessing it has been asked but, do you use liquid fertilizers as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts