What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY 1K WINTER GROW..HAND WATERED COCO WICK TO REZ

Vegan

PPP, CAli O x BUBBLICIOUS
to start of with my grow is in the good stage now bout 30 days into
flower..
i looked into coco and thought is would be a good medium to work with tried soil then moved into soiless med..now im trying CoCo//

it all starts with some clones or seeds..

Vegan

dang mistress i knew you would show up,,looks like your in the front row..,,im going threw my pics to decide which ones to update with..

well I ended up popping two beans of the cali o
really great plants..
via paper towel method 100% germ ratio

from there they went to a peat coco mix in of course the beer cup

Vegan

of the two cali o beans i got these plants
Picture 025.jpg

and i popped one of the PPP

Picture 026.jpg

all were germed in the same day..

the PPP seems seems bushy

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Looking healthy if a little pot bound IMHO .......

Are you going to transplant up in stages or straight into the final pot?

*mistress*

Veteran
would go into 6" square containers for 2-4 weeks from there... then to 5 gal buckets for another 2-8 weeks... but like trees...

would surround little plants w/ perlite+coco (@ least 50p/50c%, or 75p/25c%) when transplant.

@ what size do you normally start flowering?

enjoy your garden!

Marshmello

Vegging beer cups in a rubbermaid up to 5gallon buckets?

I'm thinkin' that there's gonna be some ceiling issues somewhere soon.....:pumpkin:

Beautiful Plants.
:joint:

Vegan

Looking healthy if a little pot bound IMHO .......

Are you going to transplant up in stages or straight into the final pot?

Bush Dr yes quite healthy fed em about 600 ppm
thanks for stoping by

would go into 6" square containers for 2-4 weeks from there... then to 5 gal buckets for another 2-8 weeks... but like trees...

would surround little plants w/ perlite+coco (@ least 50p/50c%, or 75p/25c%) when transplant.

@ what size do you normally start flowering?

enjoy your garden!

mistress,, although I would like to run em just like you said im still searchin for the my "golden strain" i have 10 of these beans and want to find the best one for me..

Vegging beer cups in a rubbermaid up to 5gallon buckets?

I'm thinkin' that there's gonna be some ceiling issues somewhere soon.....:pumpkin:

Beautiful Plants.

marshmello ,,ya that would be a tad much ,,

looks nice what you lighting you are going to use for flower stage?
how long are you vegging for?

veg is really height wise ,,ran into some head room problems so I wanted to keep em small this round,,,,not really into quantity right now,,

found some pics

this is a redo of the rubbermaid,,

i polyed the inside to cut down on the glow

Picture 498.jpg

doesnt leave much room to negotiate..
but the whole this lifts right off the top and back if neccesary
Picture 499.jpg

couple of REALLY nice sativa clones here
Picture 020.jpg

DSC00687

Vegan

so basically at this time the grow kinda go cold , plants were topped , thenn given a few days more in the cfls to recoperate ,, ..
I usally run the veg 24/7 keeps the nodes tight..but at night I will turn down to one bulb
good bad ?? :moon:

so the plants didnt get much veg time in the pots..prolly show in the yield :yoinks:

heres some pics of the veggin and strechin of braches..

these pics are in the 1st to 3 rd week of 12/12

both of my cali o x bubblicious were females!!!
and the PPP turned out to be a girl..

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 442.jpg
    Picture 442.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 10

Vegan

for those of you who might be intrested in ta wick system ..seems to be working well for me ..,,to b on the safe side i did do a flush at about week 2 of flower with phed water..dont think they needed it but better safe that sorry, usually only water bout every two days in veg girls didnt really drink but in flower they needed once daily feed/water
Picture 488.jpg

this is the PPP at day37 of 12/12
Picture 482.jpg

Vegan

here is the cali o x bubblicious at about 35 days 12/12

notbad structure but i should have vegged her longer
Picture 484.jpg

another of the PPP
Picture 482.jpg

and finally a beautiful sativa plant that has a awesome buds structure

Picture 478.jpg

G

guest5703

looks really good bro! Do you think the wick was necessary? Could you have done without it? Plants are looking great non the less though!

*mistress*

Veteran
are you bottom feeding?

if you provide a top layer of 2" of perlite, pumice, bark, lava, you will see that the top roots (right under the surface) will grow into little stem-like structures. these are your air roots. no need to water these... they like the air. seems the lower portion of the roots like water most; more than top & mid/lateral roots, which seek air.

spraying the wick w/ a little h202 also helps to break up/oxidize any organic matter on/in the material.

looking good!

letting them dry out a little more is ok too. can just wait until the basin of the bottom container get dry. can be between 3-7 days. they really do like oxygen as much as water & w/ the wick, they are never w/out water...

ideally, alternate feedings/waterings between top & bottom feeding. can be difficult transition for gardeners from top-feeding for lots of 360's... but the plants dodraw up the water in the basin. good to water when the level in the basin is fully drawn up & lower bucket/tote is dry... gardeners are so used to watering daily, or even every 2 days... not really necessary, even w/out wicks! see lots of over-watering as cause of issues in many sub-forums... watering 1-2 times per week is good w/ wicks present... ivho... more watering does not supply more nutes & h20 - just saturates media & gets in way of oxygen levels...

another modification would be to use totes instead of bottom buckets. drill out many, many holes into top bucket. this is effectively making entire room an air stone. the air circulation in the room will permeate thru the holes. the wider/open tote permits air to go in/out of plant-holding container. will see root tips growing out of those holes - even when there is no water present. roots like water & air...

caligreen said:
Do you think the wick was necessary? Could you have done without it?
yes, very doable w/out wicks... just allows greater time between waterings & constant supply of nutes & water. no pumps, huge res, etc. necessary.

they add no disadvantage to the garden & only are advantageous. media remains moist, but not wet. reserve small supply of nutes (electrical charges) in bottom tote/bucket, for use upon demand by plant. roots grow & inter-twine into wick meterials. never too wet or dry... ivho...

enjoy your garden!

Vegan

looks really good bro! Do you think the wick was necessary? Could you have done without it? Plants are looking great non the less though!

wick seems to keep them extremely happy..im having some thoughts about the ph issues in the run off but if it aint broke dont fix it,,

issues with one plant but IMO i over fed it,,.\

couple of em are are cal mag whores// or it could be the coco but ..nothin major

other thatn that ive gone aweek or so on each plant without even looking at the rez..

say once a week a plant will get taken out of the room

I call it photo day
plant is taken out of the REZ square bucket carefully inspected
usally
the rez dumped it a 5 gal bucketpending on what i did they day before ..
clean up the REZ bucket
pour a inch or so of fresh phed solution in the rez add epsom salts if you wish..
or h2o2..the feed plant with same solution..
put her back in room..

most of the time the rez is used in that days feeding,,to the other plants or if im just too lazy that day it get thrown away..

its a
drip to almost no waste grow :dueling:
its quite a bit of work,,but my numbers are small..

i would def like to try coco on a tray ..i was eyeballin one the other day..

the longer the go into bloom they wont be moved but i really don think they will need to be ..

Vegan

but the plants dodraw up the water in the basin. good to water when the level in the basin is fully drawn up & lower bucket/tote is dry... gardeners are so used to watering daily, or even every 2 days... not really necessary, even w/out wicks! see lots of over-watering as cause of issues in many sub-forums... watering 1-2 times per week is good w/ wicks present... ivho... more watering does not supply more nutes & h20 - just saturates media & gets in way of oxygen levels...

another modification would be to use totes instead of bottom buckets. drill out many, many holes into top bucket. this is effectively making entire room an air stone. the air circulation in the room will permeate thru the holes. the wider/open tote permits air to go in/out of plant-holding container. will see root tips growing out of those holes - even when there is no water present. roots like water & air...

yes, very doable w/out wicks... just allows greater time between waterings & constant supply of nutes & water. no pumps, huge res, etc. necessary.

they add no disadvantage to the garden & only are advantageous. media remains moist, but not wet. reserve small supply of nutes (electrical charges) in bottom tote/bucket, for use upon demand by plant. roots grow & inter-twine into wick meterials. never too wet or dry... ivho...

enjoy your garden!

the plants most certainly do draw up the nutes..
some plants drink more than others .....................specially on a growth spurt

nice grow vegan I personally love the wick system I fit 5 gallon grow pot in 5 gallon buckets "mistress style" and I do as mistress said... I let my res completly dry out before I refill it once in awhile i top feed but for the most part I use the res. I'm in the making of doing some hempy buckets to do a side by side comparison. You really have nice plants.. Keep up the good work!