What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southern Cannabis Alliance (SCA manifesto)

T

TheOneWill

soulfly22583 said:
Motaco - did you get relocated to the north shore? first time i lived in the south was in Slidell back in 96 when i was just a teenager.
Thats where I'm at now. :)

T

TheOneWill

motaco said:
good to see some more local smokers.

there hasn't been anything worth smoking around my area in months now. not commercial weed anyway. those 400 an O strains are around though.

we never had much drought here but nobody hardly grows outdoors here.
I'm been getting some not that great weed lately myself. Next time I go I'm gonna see if I can get something better.

I could get away with here in the dell if I find a decent house near some woods. But other then that, there's no way I could do it in the subdivision.

T

TheOneWill

motaco said:
another trick is to take a plastic 55 gallon drum, cut them in half or use the whole thing, but float them behind your boat and go deep into flooded riverbanks where you can't normally get your boat. chain the barrel from a treebranch and you can grow 10 ft tall plants in shit like that.

gps units are a growers best friend.
If I only had a boat I would be all over this.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Yeah the south east is always swimming in crappy mexi-brick. Ive literally smoked this shit for like 10 years oh and the occasional beaster which sux still, hence im on my first grow heh.

G

Southern born, southern raised and when I die-southern planted. The South-it isn't just a region...it's a lifestyle.

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
man this is depressing... i keep hearing all of you talk about the quality of goods and im looking at my supplies from humboldt slowly dwindle down... damn federal laws.. this is where collective gardening could be so beneficial!!! :rasta:

T

TheOneWill

Pirate138 said:
Yeah the south east is always swimming in crappy mexi-brick. Ive literally smoked this shit for like 10 years oh and the occasional beaster which sux still, hence im on my first grow heh.
3 years I smoked that shit. Then it was some pretty damn good beasters and headies. But after like 3 years of smoking that. Started getting exotics. :)

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Glad to see the South speaking up again!

Yeah, the schwiggity is always around, and heads can be hard to come by. Not a problem for us anymore though, right? :D

G

From time to time it sure is a problem, NT. But a correctable one. I'll get it worked out soon. Then: JUST SAY NO TO SCHWAG! Be safe, y'all.

Troop

I actually have some really nice schwag right now. Crystals and red hairs all over it. Not compressed at all, almost knuggy. Hopefully it will be around for a while

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I'm not sure if where I'm at is considered the north shore or not. I'm moving closer to cajun country soon but I might not have internet access.

well thats one thing I can say though. the herb is 400-440 an O. but its top of the line quality. can't get much higher and still be vaccum packed. if it wasn't top of the line they couldn't get me to pay that for it.

but I'm not growing and I smoke enough that'll leave me broke. I buy it when its grapefruit and cool strains but when its 400 an O skunk and stuff I get pissed.

I'm used to buying halfs of good commercial humboldt for $150-180 which is a totally acceptable price. But this season I've only seen two commercial bags that I personally consider smokable (I won't smoke red brick beaster, or low quality bolt) and they were both over priced, but not only that. Only a handful of the buds looked good in the bag. most were unsmokable for my tastes. too degraded and low light buds.

You know I read all these reports about police finding giant herb patches that were abandoned because the plants were dying of drought. and that even the ones that weren't abandoned were on the edge of death. Just all the drought and heat, and fires and other problems that plagued all the major US grow regions this year. Plus our dollar falling lower than the loony so we won't be seeing as much bc bud. All this makes the weed that would be gettin shipped down get smoked on the eastern seaboard or other places before it gets here because of the unseasonable drought.

JJ-nyc says his area is dry as hell. and its harvest time! if its dry on the eastern seaboard in a few months the south is going to be like trying to find bud in Dubai. the NE is going to smoke up all the bc bud that usually trickles down. And I don't know if cali can even support itself this year. and the appalachia folks certainly had a rough time.

I been seeing some damn good mexi brick though. its mexi brick season for one thing. I think I might start hunting down some mexi brick again rather than com bud. I think its going to be a really bad season for com bud in the south.

T

TheOneWill

Hey motaco what strains do you mean buy commercial? Sour Diesel, Sweet Tooth, Purple kush, blue goo, shiskaberry?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
no those are the 400 an O stuff.

commercial I just mean com bud. usually doesn't have a name. sometimes it does. its just cheaper mass produced. the 400 an O stuff is like medical grade indoor. the com bud is usually outdoor grown humboldt weed or something of a similiar quality.

around 300 an O quality

around 400 an O quality

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Sounds like the indoor commercial guys are going to get a premium for their crops this year, that's for sure.

And Troop, what you're describing definitely does NOT sound like schwag :D

Latest posts

Latest posts