What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southern Cannabis Alliance (SCA manifesto)

tngreen

Veteran
pixelmonkey said:
Born and raised countryboy here.Hi from TN folks. :)

Peace

right on! proud southerner here and will join the ranks of growers here soon. my handle obviously states where im from :wave:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I would also like to take the time to remind our growers not to lose our genes.

to show yankees weed can grow in the south, and to dispell the horseshit myth that jamaican and mexican plants and so forth only contain low amounts of thc due to the heat.

speaking up for southern growers with the mexicans, hawaiians, and jamaicans that love our weather.

highland oaxaca (spice's pic)

cherry maui

gold mexi

lowland oaxaca

Last edited:

StayHigh149

Wow!
CHeck this out!
Just moved to Ga from Fla a few months back. I just got a rude awakeing to Ga inflation!!!! LoL.
In Fla I was getting stuff like Afghani, Odins Hammer & Charleston Chew for between $350-$400 an oz.
I don't really know any1 here in Ga. So, I've been getting ALL mids for some decent prices. Well recently, I thought I was gettin a 1/2 oz of some "top shelf" for $140. Now I was really skeptical cuz I ad been told I was getting "grade A" stuff b4 in Ga & it has all been mids. Anyway, my guy brings the 1/2 to me & I'm liike "WTF!?!?!?!?!" It was an 1/8th.........for $140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's freakin crazy! It's Lemon Kush but dayum, $140 an 1/8?!?!?!?!?! So, needless to say, I was pretty amped! I wanted my man to call his guy, right there on the spot cuz I wanted to hunt his azz down for jerking me!!! I wasn't mad at my dood cuz he's a personal friend of mine & would not jerk me like that...he's just a novice. He did call his guy & asked him what a 1/2 O of Lemon Kush would be cuz the stuff was so good (even tho we hadn't tried it yet). They guy told him $370....man, that ish is crazy to me! That's $740 an O!!!!

Now I do know that the police snatched 1300 plants in 1 bust, chopped between 50 & 100 17 ft tall trees (yes, I did say SEVENTEEN feet) in another bust & have also confiscated alot of major weight in packages in street busts & house raids.....BUT IS GEORGIA REALLY THAT DRY??? On the flip side of that, some reporters found 12 plants growing a "planter" outside of a police station in Duluth.....haha. So, I guess it can't really be that dry, if the police are growing too!!! LoL.

Anyway, I need to hurry up & get my stuff going up here cuz this Ga inflation is gonna make me go broke!

**** I have smoked daily for the last few years & haven't had anything for the past 2 weeks so my sytem may have cleaned out some....so take this report for what it's worth, I packed a sparkling clean bowl fo Lemon Kush & took one small hit (small, cuz u know how clean bowls can have you swallowing a ton of bud on the 1st few pulls, until the resin starts to build back up). Anyway.....I didn't take another hit cuz I just wanted to see if anything would happen cuz I know that some of the Afghani (& others) in Fl would only take one hit & then I could just maintain from there. Within 5 mins I was feeelin it. The high was a very nice talkative high. Not couch lock at all. Gave me a real nice boost of energy. I wanted to stand up, pace back & forth & talk. It was all in the head but not cloudy at all. Concise clear thinking with alot of chatter. Did not taste like Lemon. Has a bit of an earthy taste but the buds are very dense & solid but look like they have been dusted with powered sugar (I will get a pic later). The buds are also very light colored under the powder coat. It pulls very nice & does not produce & cough at all. The ride lasted for a good 3 hours or so, with only one more hit about 45 mins later. Then I fell aslepp watching Underworld Evolution.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
nah, thats not georgia thats just you. there is weed around somewhere. granted this is peak of drought season but give it another couple of weeks. but trust me people aren't paying 370 a ho.

there is actually a county in north georgia that they call the humboldt of the south.

a bunch of pot growers moved and basically created their own tiny town. elected a potgrowing sheriff and everything.

there is the old story of him being in the paper "eradicating a marijuana field" but the pics were actually just of him pulling the males out of his own patch. lol.

I hear its not like it used to be. that unwanted REAL residents actually interested in living there moved to the town but that it still does exist.

but anyway where are these pics yall? we're the SCA where are our southern plants? don't tell me I gotta be the one to litter it with pics. I've already seen all my pics you guys.

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
500 hundred views and a handful of posts? whats up now. I know we got more more people south of the mason dixon line than this. appalachia, florida, texas, all over. come on now. we're supposed to grow them like this. I'm not even growing anymore so if yall was relyin on me I guess the south is doomed to smoke schwag and over priced beaster forever.

not my pic

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
stay high

well you can grow whatever you want and south of TN north of FL is a very vague

if your paranoid of location then google farmers almanac and look up plant hardiness map by regions to give you a better indication.

the oldschool trick is to either grow seeds from something you like from a local outdoor grower. if you know someone who makes his own seeds and grows in your area plants he's had success with should do well with you. if you breed in a region and select the best they will eventually become acclimated to your area.

if you don't have access to something like that then choose plants from a similiar location.

I'm in south la. its hot as fuck. humid like you wouldn't believe, rains alot during ripening season, and has intense sunlight.

so attempting to grow a'dam hashplants and afghanis ain't a good idea.

so as you might imagine many southern genes are bred with jamaican, hawaiian, and mexican origins. they can handle the weather and finish in a suitable time frame.

otherwise NPP, swiss miss, and many sativa hyrbids advertised as heat and mold resistant would be a good option.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Good call, can't call ourselves a true growers club if we ain't got no shots!

Here's some from my current indoors, and some finished buds from earlier this summer.

And I know there's some TN stuff out there that put's this stuff to shame, c'mon guys, post em up!

StayHigh149

I meant south of tn & north of fl as a joke.
I guess there is more than 1 state south of tn & north of fl.....my apologies. I live in Ga, but the parts of Alabama that fall between tn & fl pretty much have the same climate as we do.

Thanks for the mold tip, I kinda figured that. Are there any strains that any1 has seen particular outdoor success with in Ga? I will have a small indoor going & will have a few outdoors also.

O

OG Royal Grower

Hells yeah all, light it up ATL :joint:

My grow right now is local bud, from north GA. It was bagseed so im very pleased...

Last edited:
G

Where are my North Carolina brothers? :D

I tried my first guerilla grow this year, all died...No plants AND im dry for now. :badday:

Hope things are going better for yall, here are some old pics:

Shine on.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
sorry to hear that friend. I'll c/p some guerilla tips from a different thread for ya.

here ya go.

this is a horrendous bitch to do but its an oldschool trick that works if your interested. you'll definitely be able to keep more plants. also once you make it you can keep the same patches for years.

first off perilite and vermiculite and coconut fiber. you can make one of those mexican schwag presses and compact bricks to fit in a backpack that are very lightweight and break up to twice their size. beats lugging topsoil in and then when you mix it you can have a decent size hole. as well an incredible investment are crystal water polymers. they swell to 3x their size and hold water for alot longer. less waterings and more bud.

as much as I love organics they attract pests.

copper wire around the base. cover all pots with compost or something where the black not only doesn't stand out to choppers, but doesn't heat up to a billion degrees in the sun, hurting your plant and using ungodly amounts of water.

but the main thing is site selection. I don't know if you have them where you are but here we have 10 ft tall briar patches, which I reccomend second due to pain. first I reccomend just finding the densest "underbrush" as they call it. baby trees and vegetation that grows so tight together it forms like an impenetrable wall. the way bamboo does. if you spend however many hours it takes to chop an invisible twisting or zig zagging trail marked with fishing line to the heart of the underbrush. when you get in deep enough just start chopping everything. clear a large patch out of the heart of the shit that can't be seen from the outside. you can build raised beds, garbage bags of soil, whatever you want in there and have a place you can grow BIG plants and have a very low chance of them being found. you just have to cut the entrance right and maintain the area.

another trick is to take a plastic 55 gallon drum, cut them in half or use the whole thing, but float them behind your boat and go deep into flooded riverbanks where you can't normally get your boat. chain the barrel from a treebranch and you can grow 10 ft tall plants in shit like that.

gps units are a growers best friend.

Last edited:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
glad to see you guy's are pouring in like skeeter's on a summer day :wave:

everything in the photo's are long gone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts