What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My personal 'Double-Secret Probation" TINCTURE Recipe

GREAT STUFF!! Thank you for sharing. I have been trying to figgure out a way to do somthing like this. I was just going to let a full bud sit in a bottle of Wailers Rum.

:woohoo: :headbange

:beat-dead (man that<~ shit if funny!)

G

thats a great comprehensive tutorial. i wish i hadn't just donated my crockpot to my lil brother whos in college.

.♠.

Quigo said:
This stuff is way too small to be 'filtered' out, so what you do is VERY slowly & delicately drip the mixture into another container without disturbing the bottom too much. If you take your time (patience is key) you can effectively separate almost all the transparent mixture from the remaining mud.

At this point you could stuff the neck of the bottle with "polyfil" or cotton-balls. The liquid will freely drain through the polyfil while it acts as a filter blocking all the plant matter from flowing through.

Peace

O

OG Royal Grower

so will a bottle of 190 proof golden grain with like a half of potent bud and a shitload of stems and leaves be pretty powerfull without being heated? Its been sitting for around 5 weeks.

Card

It's possible to get potent 'green dragon' without heating the alcohol...
You will just have to soak the herbs in a strong alcohol (recommend min.70% > but stronger is better). You must soak it for a long time (2months at least), and shake it sometimes.
When you think it's been long enough just filter all herbs off, and drink alcohol.

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Actually, the fact that it is heated so that you get the effects of an edibles high off a small amount is what intrigues me. I've had green dragon before, and disliked it.

G

im trying to picture how much you're evaporating out of the jar...say i use a 1-Quart jar and fill it 2/3 full...how much should that get reduced down to?

Card

Do you guys know does alcohol destroy mold??
I have some moldy bud (not much, maybe 5 grams) and i was thinkin if it's possible to make some green dragon from it? :chin:
It would be sad to throw potent material away... :badday:

C

Cannabal

Hi !
I started to make this tincture today. I have 50 grams of LUI buds now soaking in 500 ml of 80% Estonian Vodka. I'll let you all know what happens.

Quigo, my mixture is little bit different than yours, any advices on that ? I mean, should I boil it up in some other way, or shorter period ? and thanks, great thread :)

G

Im only confused as to why you heat the alcohol... doesnt that make it evaporate? Then doesn't the heated thc degrade rapidly?

C

Cannabal

Hello !
This is the mixture. 50 grams of LUI buds, half liters of Estonian vodka.

Now, in this picture, boiling.

I boiled about 15-20 minutes.

Now I let it cool down for few hours, and then I start straining...

I've been planning to evaporete it later, perhaps after it has been "cleared" for few weeks or perhaps even months. I don't like alcohol, that's why I started with such a strong mixture. Oh i forgot...there is a little stick of cinnamon in the mixture, I hope it gives a little taste to the tincture... :chin:

C

Cannabal

There it is ! I will concentrate it after few months of "clearing". There is 1 gram bud per centiliter allready so i don't expect to have weak tincture.
Thanks Quigo for recipe !

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
awesome recipe... ill be starting some tonight... my question is... if you boil alchohol doesnt it just boil off??? i know that if you heat alchohol or bake with it.. it all dissapates.. or is boiling not enough to do that?

thanks

endo

Latest posts

Latest posts