What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I guess I would do it again but we do have a plant count here which I won’t lie I’ve gone over every grow but it makes it better having four in the flower tent, four in the veg tent and in the summertime 4 outside. Keeps anyone only seeing 4 at a time if they get a gander but not many do. Thanks so much for the kind comment and yes in just 18 minutes that clock will say 420 and I’ll be ready. Tired of trimming and saving some for tomorrow. 🥰✌️
In British Columbia all residents are allowed to grow 4 plants in or out.
With my medical license I can grow up to 20 plants indoors only. Because of health issues I was thinking of trying smaller pots, easier to handle.
Trimming can become tedious.
I think back several years when I hired myself out for trimming marathons. No to that.

SubGirl

420club
In British Columbia all residents are allowed to grow 4 plants in or out.
With my medical license I can grow up to 20 plants indoors only. Because of health issues I was thinking of trying smaller pots, easier to handle.
Trimming can become tedious.
I think back several years when I hired myself out for trimming marathons. No to that.
You can grow 12 1 gallon tall pots in a 2x4 but the water and nutes have to be monitored closer than the 7 gallons.

jokerman

Premium user
1714078683356.png

oldmaninbc

Yeah - it's been an interesting 10/11 days where pain is concerned - this Sternumotomy - Mitral valve fix - left coronary artery bypass - and now today's very sore implant - a veritable odessey of painful opportunities - that I tire of so much - can't wait to be pain free again - and not have to deal with the rotten stuff - now where is that sleeping pill?
When it all comes to a conclusion your going to feel like an old teenager.:) But with the wisdom of an older man.

oldmaninbc

You can grow 12 1 gallon tall pots in a 2x4 but the water and nutes have to be monitored closer than the 7 gallons.
And that's where the problems might come in, sometimes I can mix things up in my head.
Did I add 1 or 2 TBSP of fertilizer, did I actually put it in at all. I don't like being my own worst enemy.
I think it's called being feebleminded, discombobulated or old age.

In my present system I don't really monitor much of anything, just by eye or experience. While my weights may be down to master growers, I generally have a problem free grow usually.

oldmaninbc

Good news, the booking department at the hospital just called, after waiting 2 years I can finally get my 2 hernias fixed up. Tomorrow I have to be at the main desk at 9:30AM for registration.
I am nervous and excited at the same time.
As long as they don't cancel in the morning, it's good to go. Finally!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Mine is the same brand.
I've only been on it a few hours and there are several things I need to figure out.
I had my last computer well over 10 years. The salesman told me it doesn't matter what you buy today, there all meant to be in the garbage dump in less than 10 years.
That's actually been true of the pre-built computers for some time. That's why years ago I started building my own. There are a number of sites online that supply everything you need. The one I prefer and have always used is Newegg.com. Not only do they have a wide selection of pretty much everything one might need but they have them at very competitive prices, usually lower then what you would pay at a local "computer Store". Not only do they have everything to build you own but they also sell laptops and pre-built computer as well as a very wide variety of other common consumer electronics. Of course to build your own computer you not only need to know how to build one but you also, if you want to build a good one, you need to stay current on what is the latest popular trends for the various parts which can be challenging since they're constantly updating every few months or so.

oldfogey8

That's actually been true of the pre-built computers for some time. That's why years ago I started building my own. There are a number of sites online that supply everything you need. The one I prefer and have always used is Newegg.com. Not only do they have a wide selection of pretty much everything one might need but they have them at very competitive prices, usually lower then what you would pay at a local "computer Store". Not only do they have everything to build you own but they also sell laptops and pre-built computer as well as a very wide variety of other common consumer electronics. Of course to build your own computer you not only need to know how to build one but you also, if you want to build a good one, you need to stay current on what is the latest popular trends for the various parts which can be challenging since they're constantly updating every few months or so.
Moore’s law affecting consumer products. My son and I built a gaming desktop computer when he was about 15. He did all the research as to what motherboard, graphics cards, memory, etc. I had an Intel CPU that was state of tte art at the time(because they offered them to employees and higher level contractors for cheap). That was almost 10 years ago and he still uses it (though he has upgraded the graphics cards) to play online games. Certainly not state of the art even at the time(he bought all but the CPU financed by his part time job). It isn’t hard to assemble a good system. The research is the tough part.

BubbasPlace

What happens when you press the down button?
I finally got it to set. Letting it go up until it stopped at 713. Used down key to lower to 460, press set once, four blank come up, hit it again and the number I set was in there.

In a few minutes, climbed again. Then after messing for a while it set itself to 530 and stayed. Lowered again to 460, two taps on set and it finally held

Turned it on again tonight and it's right where set. Thanks for the tips!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Back from the spine shots....@HempKat I got a bit of a surprise when checking it at the back doc today. I thought I was done after the 3rd shot....at least for this round.....NO! I go back in two weeks to get the nerves burnt. I am apparently getting both....what you recommended with burning the nerves and the steroid shots. Interesting....wonder if this will keep the pain away for a longer period of time. Time will tell.
It should but everyone reacts different, the insurance restricts you to being able to get it once every 6 months but many people can go for a year after their first treatment before they feel the need to do it again. What is nice and as I said previously, the more often you get it done the longer it takes for the nerve endings to grow back and it does it's job until the nerve endings grow back. The one I just had was my 2nd one and it was almost a year to the day from when I had the first one done. If your results are like mine you'll feel an improvement almost right away but the procedure itself can cause some minor aches and pains so it's better to not start judging how well it worked until the next day. Also if your condition is really bad, it might take a few days before you feel the full benefit. Now if it works as well as it should, then you should be able to stop the pain meds but you have to be careful not to overdo it just because the pain isn't holding you back like it used to. It is possible to overdo it and I guess that can cause the pain to be picked up by nearby nerve endings that weren't burned. So you'll probably still want to keep pain meds on hand for those times and also because eventually it will stop working when the nerve endings grow back.

Last edited:

BubbasPlace

What I've noticed about narcotics like codeine, hydracodone and oxycodone. Is that when taken as a drug for fun they give you that sort of woozy feelinng but otherwise can keep you up for hours but if you have a legitimate source of pain for which it's prescribed you don't feel the woozy feeling as much and it has less of a stimulating effect but it does reduce the pain and if you lie down to relax it can put you to sleep easier then normal. Now I've never noticed this when taking it for pain (mainly because sex is the last thing I'm thinking about when I'm in pain) but when taking it for fun, at least for me it's harder to get an erection and it takes much, much longer to reach orgasm. Of course it also has that annoying tendency to constipate you if you're not careful.
I find Vicodin, hydra and oxy codone or contin affect many people as a stimulant and keep them awake. I don't know how morphine and other natural opioids do them. They all put me to sleep. Narcotic high is kind of like drinking, it can make you nauseous, especially moving around.
They also make you itch like crazy!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I take Vicodins twice a day and if the pain is too much I take a half at bedtime...they help me sleep due to no pain...in my life, pain will destroy any sleep I may get...the pain doc asked me if I wanted oxycontin and I said hell no...I'm fortunate that any pain killer other than my Vics or dilaudid make me sick as a do all other painkillers and I itch like a monkey with fleas...I never take them for fun, I puke if I take more than 1...cheap date...

SubGirl

420club
I take Vicodins twice a day and if the pain is too much I take a half at bedtime...they help me sleep due to no pain...in my life, pain will destroy any sleep I may get...the pain doc asked me if I wanted oxycontin and I said hell no...I'm fortunate that any pain killer other than my Vics or dilaudid make me sick as a do all other painkillers and I itch like a monkey with fleas...I never take them for fun, I puke if I take more than 1...cheap date...
I don’t know boo, I dont take them for fun either but sometimes the pain is too overwhelming and is worth the side effects especially with kidney pain. That in itself causes nausea vomiting and other problems that go away for the five hours or so that the pill lasts. usually it’s enough to get me by. I don’t have to take them often but they are nice to have for hard times.

oldmaninbc

For myself keeping up with electronic publications and working with electronics is a fast NO. I am just not inclined that way nor my area of interest. A few of my friends enjoyed putting their own computers together. Just like some LED users prefer to build their own lights. Me, I'll just go to the store and buy one. Working with electronics would be frustrating for me.
At 50 years old I decided to return to school, no more physical work for me, my body has several occupational injuries/diseases.
My area of interest was to work in a museum, historic site, national/provincial parks, galleries, that sort of work.

Latest posts

Latest posts