What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st Time Grow - 4x4 - 1000watts - Soil!

This shows them looking more pale. I guess i really should turn the light out and take the pics with the regular 60watt bulb on.

picture.php

Yea the soil looks extremely wet.

I won't be watering the cups again until sometime tomorrow. The 1000w will dry them out pretty well by then. I will just make sure the cups are bone dry before i water, especially down at the bottom of them.

Oh, and i just cybergasmd knowing that RedSpaghetti is subscribed! :dance013::jump:

Perpetual Nooch

Also, I don't think that 2-3 weeks of veg would really fill out a 3 gallon pot completely.

I am talking about 1K lights. Obviously, if you use a smaller light you will get slower growth.

BUT

And, I'm not trying to be a dick here,

if you can't fill a 3 gal pot with roots in 2-3 weeks of veg with a 1K, then you should look into why your plants are growing so slow. Seriously.

Nicoli

Veteran
Yeah I would let those cups dry out, for sure..

Something that may be useful for you as a gauge on water content of your soil is to get another cup and fill it with dry mix, and compare it to your seedling cups, now you can "feel" how heavy each one is. A cup when it needs watered wont be as dry and light as a cup of dry mix.. it will be just a hair heavier. It took me seriously like 6 months to realize I was overwatering.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Home depot or Lowe;s sell the soil reading stick for a few bucks. It will help you know when your plants need to be water.

Your plants looks green and healthy, thats a good sign. I've seen a lot worse seedling lol. Just make sure you dont over water and have good air circulation.

cheers,
red.

r1790

hey stoner chick, do you think you post a link to that airpots thread you talked about, i tried looking for it but could not find it

Transplanting finished. The babies were very very wet and they show it with paleness and droopiness.

They are now in 18oz cups and will remain there for the next 15-20 days.

picture.php

Here is a close up of an over watered one:

picture.php

You did a transplant already?

Not really a need for it.

I wasn't feeling comfortable with my taped up see thru plastic cups. I didn't think they could go the 20 days in that.

I also got to see how thoroughly wet the soil was under the first inch in the older cups. The roots traveled nicely through the medium and had reached the bottom of those little cups already.

MAD DAWG

Hi Stoner Chick. Looks like you will be pretty busy with all those babies. I transplanted out of my solo cup after about 2 weeks. When I seen the root coming out the bottom. I went straight into a 5 gal pot. Some will transplant 3 times or more. I really don't see the need in going through all that. More chance of putting the plant(s) through unnecessary stress if you ask me.

As for letting the soil dry out, all you need to do is let about the top 2" dry out. Once it feels dry, water. Once you find your groove you will be ok. We all discover our own ways that we like to do things. Anyway it was just a suggestion.

Looks like you took the time to do your research. Good luck to you on your grow.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
two things:
1. make sure you get a hole in the bottom of those cups for drainage.
2. I believe that if you use a proper soil mix you don't need to do much.

I start my seeds in paper towels (to scrap away the ones that don't pop), put them in a cup full of medium (coco\perlite or soil, depends on my method in that round) with a few holes burnt in the bottom.
I stack the cups and burn holes in all of them together using a eyeglasses screwdriver heated over the stove.
If I use soil I try to get something with little fertilizers in it to not burn the seedlings.

When their roots grab most of the soil with them when picked I transplant to a larger pot - 1L or so.
I try to flower them after they show sex on their own under 24\0 or 18\6. (don't worry, its REALLY easy to recognize a male before its flower open up. they look very different than females)
I then calculate how many pots I can put in my room to hold the females and transplant to those. The bigger - the merrier.
Then flowering and your done with transplanting, hopefully.
Thats how I do transplanting.

I haven't had problems running small plants in a shot glass, in party cups, in clear plastic cups or in a water bottle.
If it holds the medium and I can poke at least one hole in the bottom - its fine by me.

:grouphug:

Hey chicky. What did you think of using those 'peat-pot's? I didnt like them, held on to to much water for my tastes. When I transplanted into their BRC, Big Red Condos ( solo cups) I broke off as much peat as I could. But..

I am also flowering in the BRC too. Flowered from seed, and flowered to sex. If I had more than a cab I would use 1gl pots, but i think I will use straight BRC from now on.

These bitches are going to be graded and only A-, A and A+ get to be mothers... Gawed, I HOPE there are some A+s!
Then the new seeds. Secret, super special seeds...

Kiss, girl
:watchplant:

Latest posts

Latest posts