What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

One of the kids has a lab bulldog cross and he helped me dig out the ridge for this plant. He often comes by very early and I feed him some meat. He has deemed this his spot. I doubt the deer will bother these girls. Those paw prints are at least 2" across.:biggrin:

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
That's great! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Keep feeding that good boy and hopefully he will keep popping and peeing around the girls.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad to hear your week is rolling right along f'nut
yeah it dosent look complicated if you are able to fabricate with metal but like you said is it someting you would really use much?
sounds like you had a fun weekend and i bet you are stoked for your next adventure
i spent some time messing around around the house and we went and visited some friends
the kid had strep and the mrs is all freaked out because of it
im just going to pour my drinks extra strong and keep out of their way
hope you like the gorilla bubble
this is the second time you grew her out?
hope to hear from you before you go away but if not have a great time and travel safely brother!

Fiddynut

glad to hear your week is rolling right along f'nut
yeah it dosent look complicated if you are able to fabricate with metal but like you said is it someting you would really use much?
sounds like you had a fun weekend and i bet you are stoked for your next adventure
i spent some time messing around around the house and we went and visited some friends
the kid had strep and the mrs is all freaked out because of it
im just going to pour my drinks extra strong and keep out of their way
hope you like the gorilla bubble
this is the second time you grew her out?
hope to hear from you before you go away but if not have a great time and travel safely brother!

Good afternoon pop.
I've been so busy that time is absolutely flying by right now. I like staying busy and at this rate I'll be busy right up untill I leave town. No matter, a week from now I'll be chilling high up in the mountains getting plenty of relaxation.
As cool as the "meat tree" BBQ looks I think that your right about how often it would get used. It wouldn't be any good in the cold weather and I have at least 4 or 5 other grills and smokers.
That is too bad about the sick kid. Being sick in the summer is the worst. Good idea to keep your distance and keep the alcohol flowing to stay disinfected.
I grew out just one plant of the gorilla bubble the run before last. She is the lemon lime soda one that's really frosty. This time with 4 clones I got about 7 full jars so a pretty much ok harvest. I think I was getting 10-12 jars when I was running the granola funk and I'm starting to wish I'd have kept a mom of the GF around.
Summer has finally arrived this week. It's in the 80's today and feals warmer because it's been so cool here. I have to get my air conditioner in after work today if I can get my bro to come help me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats so wild about the difference a day an make
its the same here, yesterday was maybe low 70's and i was in shorts and a hoodie; today im wearing shorts and flip flops and its super nice outside
its still been nice with it being light outside until after 8 but it just dosent feel like summer
how heavy are you packing your jars?
i like using the pint sized jars
they hold an ounce easily and i try to get them in colors
the purple ones are the best, they look cool and its the darkest color so it blocks out the most light
thats rad to think how a week from now you will be on abnother trip
come to think about it, this tiem next week i will be soaking some meat and getting ready for the 4rth!
hope you are staying cool and enjoying the summer
finish off your week strong my friend!
i also have them in green, blue and of course clear

Fiddynut

thats so wild about the difference a day an make
its the same here, yesterday was maybe low 70's and i was in shorts and a hoodie; today im wearing shorts and flip flops and its super nice outside
its still been nice with it being light outside until after 8 but it just dosent feel like summer
how heavy are you packing your jars?
i like using the pint sized jars
they hold an ounce easily and i try to get them in colors
the purple ones are the best, they look cool and its the darkest color so it blocks out the most light
thats rad to think how a week from now you will be on abnother trip
come to think about it, this tiem next week i will be soaking some meat and getting ready for the 4rth!
hope you are staying cool and enjoying the summer
finish off your week strong my friend!
i also have them in green, blue and of course clear

Good afternoon pop.
It sounds like your "June gloom" is over. Untill a week or so ago I was wondering if it was ever going to warm up around here. We were still getting down to the 40's at night and a lot of days in the low 60's. Today it's 85 and humid. It's going to be hot and dry in Colorado so I have a short time to get conditioned to the warm weather. The days are long but I'm with you on it not feeling like summer yet.
I'm using quart jars and filling them just about to the top. After they settle they are like 3/4 full and hold about an oz and a half each depending on density. I have some that are green but I keep my jars in a cool dark spot in the basement so light isn't an issue. I've seen the purple ones and they do look cool. I'd probably be down to get some smaller colored ones for traveling.
I'm really looking forward to this trip next week. We've been planning this since January and the time has almost come. I'm so glad that I'm in a position to do this. I'm really looking forward to the music and the fellowship, and the mountain biking.
What do you think your going to be smoking up for the holidays?
I haven't cooked a pork butt or a beef brisket in a while and they are on my list of things to do when I get back.
I hope your week is going good and I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow already!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i have some nice rib eye that i can cut into steaks but i like to keep it simple for the 4rth
i am probably just going to make some burgers and hot dogs so i can spend my time having fun but who knows
what do you think you will be grilling up
weve been seeing some good prices on corn too so i might roll some of those around on the grill
yeah i keep my stash stored in the dark too but i like the different colors
it makes it easy to see whats what and looks nice
they arent as cheap as the clear glass ones but its only a buck or two more
hope you have a great trip and get to do all thi things you have planned
as always if you can grab a pic or two that would be awesome brother!
would be nice to see some cool scenery or anything else you come across

so tribe, i need some help guys
i was lucky enough to win a contest hosted by stRA and the prize was a strain from seedsman
so im wonder, what would you choose if you won?
why would you pick that strain?
thanks for any input and i will be sure to let you know what i pick up

Fiddynut

i have some nice rib eye that i can cut into steaks but i like to keep it simple for the 4rth
i am probably just going to make some burgers and hot dogs so i can spend my time having fun but who knows
what do you think you will be grilling up
weve been seeing some good prices on corn too so i might roll some of those around on the grill
yeah i keep my stash stored in the dark too but i like the different colors
it makes it easy to see whats what and looks nice
they arent as cheap as the clear glass ones but its only a buck or two more
hope you have a great trip and get to do all thi things you have planned
as always if you can grab a pic or two that would be awesome brother!
would be nice to see some cool scenery or anything else you come across

so tribe, i need some help guys
i was lucky enough to win a contest hosted by stRA and the prize was a strain from seedsman
so im wonder, what would you choose if you won?
why would you pick that strain?
thanks for any input and i will be sure to let you know what i pick up

Good afternoon pop.
Rib eyes sound great man. My bro and I had some rib eyes last night that were really good. Dogs and burgers are great too and nothing says the 4th like those classics. I'm going to have to see what kind of grill is available where we are staying in Colorado. If it's up to the task we will surely do some grilling while we are there. It's going to be a bit before we see local corn around here. The wet and cold spring mean that everything is way behind and the corn isn't even a foot high right now, usually it's at least waist high or higher at this time of year.
I will get plenty of pics from the trip.

I just had a quick look at the seedsman site and if I were you I'd go with a bodhi strain. find one with a mom that you like and if you go with one that has the 88g13 dad it should be a nice easy growing plant. I'm just about to the point where I need to think about getting some seeds Because I've finally worked through most of mine. I'm going to load up on bodhi seeds with the 88g13 dad myself.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the suggestion f'nut!
i will be sure to pay extra attention to the bhodi gear available
i cant wait to check out the pics and hope you guys have a great trip
part of the fun is the journey so please travel safely but also enjoy your ride
hope you had a great week and your weekend is fun and relaxing
when do you hit the road?

Fiddynut

thanks for the suggestion f'nut!
i will be sure to pay extra attention to the bhodi gear available
i cant wait to check out the pics and hope you guys have a great trip
part of the fun is the journey so please travel safely but also enjoy your ride
hope you had a great week and your weekend is fun and relaxing
when do you hit the road?

Good afternoon pop.
I've had good luck with the bodhi gear and it's easy to find a strain that has an interisting mom and the 88g dad.
I will get plenty of pics this trip for sure.
I've been looking forward to this trip for many months now and I'm so happy the time is almost here. We will be traveling on the busiest of summer travel holidays and we will be carful for sure. We have plenty of extra time to get there so no rush. Our strategy is to go with and blend into traffic and not get pulled over or hassled.
The weekend went really fast for me brother. I had to get all yard work and house work done. I also get most of what I'm taking out west packed. It feels great to be ready to go.
I have one more important thing to do in the morning before I go. I have to get my cobra lips clones transplanted into thier final pots. That way they won't need any attention while I'm gone. My wife will have to water the moms a couple times and that is it. She dosent really like the plants so I don't ask her to do much with them.
I hope your weekend went well and I hope your week is off to a great start! If I do t get back on icmag before I leave I which you and the other jungle tribe have a great 4th of July Holliday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you have a happy and safe 4rth as well brother!
i hope your adventure is all that you hope and then some
thats funny about your wife not liking the plants but i guess its never really come up before
mrsChicky smokes so she disent mind when i grow and actually likes the free weed
she always helps out with the trimming and does what she can in the garden
im sure your wife will do a great job looking after the babies, is eggo also staying behind?
thanks again for the ideas, i misundrstood the selection but got things sorted with stRA
i will have some good news to post up here soon, prob after you getr back but we wil see
have a gret vacation my man and cant wait to hear about your fun

Fiddynut

you have a happy and safe 4rth as well brother!
i hope your adventure is all that you hope and then some
thats funny about your wife not liking the plants but i guess its never really come up before
mrsChicky smokes so she disent mind when i grow and actually likes the free weed
she always helps out with the trimming and does what she can in the garden
im sure your wife will do a great job looking after the babies, is eggo also staying behind?
thanks again for the ideas, i misundrstood the selection but got things sorted with stRA
i will have some good news to post up here soon, prob after you getr back but we wil see
have a gret vacation my man and cant wait to hear about your fun

Good afternoon pop.
Well I had an epic vacation brother. The area around Boulder, especially up the mountain in the Nederland area is beyond beautiful. We actually stayed a few miles up the mountain from Nederland and it was a sweet spot. I will get some pics up and some thoughts together about the trip to share in a couple days and get them posted up.
My wife dosent mind me smoking and tolerates me growing but in the past she has not wanted to care for the plants. This time she didn't seem to mind and kept the moms in good shape for me while I was gone. Since she dosent smoke the plants are just something that could get us in trouble as far as she is concerned. As time goes on she seems less worried about the trouble and more at peace with the plants.
The place we stayed is dog friendly but Eggo stayed behind to keep the wife company. The show days we were gone for about 12 hours or so and that is just too long to leave him inside. He sure was happy to see me when I got back though.
What's this about good news? I love hearing good news. Share when ready brother.
I hope you had a great 4th of July. Did you have a long weekend? I hope your week is off to a great start!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
welcome back brother!
glad to hear you had a good time in colorado and im looking forward to hearing all about the show and your adventures
im also interested in hearing a smoke report if you had a chance to sample any of the local treats
i have a friend who lived in colorado who is always telling me about the great flowers he could get and how cheap everything was
thats great that eggo kept the mrs company while you were away on vacation
/he deserves a nice treat for taking care of the house
i had a great 4rth
i went to a friends house for bbq and then we went to his brothers house to watch the fireworks
it was nice not having to doa lot but i missed grilling and sitting on the roof with the mrs (we have done that for the past 10y at least if not longer)
i ended up going in on friday and then kept the party going through the weekend
glad to have you back my man and hope you are easing back into things

Fiddynut

welcome back brother!
glad to hear you had a good time in colorado and im looking forward to hearing all about the show and your adventures
im also interested in hearing a smoke report if you had a chance to sample any of the local treats
i have a friend who lived in colorado who is always telling me about the great flowers he could get and how cheap everything was
thats great that eggo kept the mrs company while you were away on vacation
/he deserves a nice treat for taking care of the house
i had a great 4rth
i went to a friends house for bbq and then we went to his brothers house to watch the fireworks
it was nice not having to doa lot but i missed grilling and sitting on the roof with the mrs (we have done that for the past 10y at least if not longer)
i ended up going in on friday and then kept the party going through the weekend
glad to have you back my man and hope you are easing back into things

Good afternoon pop.
On one hand I'm glad to be back and on the other I really wish I was still out west. It was so nice there and we had such fun. Getting back into the work routine isn't easy this time but I'll adjust. We decided that we are going to go to the phish concert on Saturday at alpine valley. This should help us transition back and still have fun with peeps from all over the country. Deadheads are devided on if phish is good music or not and I've had a hard time listening to some of it in the past. A phan I know told me to go to a live show and give them a chance and then I'll know if I can get to like them or not.
We took plenty of buds with us to Colorado but we did go to a couple dispensarys. We went to the farm in Boulder again and my bro got a couple of vape cartridges and a couple grams of flower. We also went to a dispensary up in the mountains and they had some nice deals on pre rolled joints for 3 bucks a piece. The flower that we got was better then I remember it from last year. We also saw ounces for as low as 120 bucks which is pretty cheap. They do add a pretty good tax, maybe 20% to that though. All in all I was impressed with the buds we tried, I don't remember the strains though.
For sure Eggo and the wife deserve a treat for holding things down while I was gone. I'll have to think of something nice to do for the wife and Eggo has been getting extra nice walks this week.
I remember you mentioning that you have enjoyed the fireworks from your roof before. Don't feel bad, we didn't see any fireworks this year. I think that it's usually too dry in Colorado for fireworks and they arnt as popular. Oh well we can buy fireworks and light them off ourselves if we feel the need.
I'm glad you had a good weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
a phish concert sounds like a nice transition back to reality and im sure you will have a lot of fun
i dident know your brother is into vaping? what kind of rig does he use?
ive tried to get into it but so far me and the mrs havent had any luck getting one that is right for us
a friend has a volcano that is cool, but its expensive and just sits at home
another friend sugested a thing called a g stick or something like that, so we got one
half the time i dont even think the thing is working and we kind of gave up on it
/ i would like something i can smoke flower as well as concentrates in
so about a buck-fiddy out the door, thats not half bad
compared to your smoke how would you rate it
hope you are having a great week f'nut and are enjoying your nice walks with eggo
are you still wearing your fitbit?

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Sounds like an epic trip Fiddynuts. Hope you guys are having a great week. Colorado is beautiful country. I have been a few times when I was a kid, always wanted to go back. My great aunt had a huge property with a stream running through it. I loved spending time their.

Me and the wife spent a couple days in Newport beach this weekend. My cousin got married on a big boat, they called it a yacht, but it was more like a fancy 3 story barge. We had a blast, danced all night. Finished the night at a dive bar called the goat hill tavern. It was a great night. We are going to try to go out dancing more. I got to spend some time with my aunt who is battling breast cancer, so that was nice.

Hope you guys have a great week.

Fiddynut

a phish concert sounds like a nice transition back to reality and im sure you will have a lot of fun
i dident know your brother is into vaping? what kind of rig does he use?
ive tried to get into it but so far me and the mrs havent had any luck getting one that is right for us
a friend has a volcano that is cool, but its expensive and just sits at home
another friend sugested a thing called a g stick or something like that, so we got one
half the time i dont even think the thing is working and we kind of gave up on it
/ i would like something i can smoke flower as well as concentrates in
so about a buck-fiddy out the door, thats not half bad
compared to your smoke how would you rate it
hope you are having a great week f'nut and are enjoying your nice walks with eggo
are you still wearing your fitbit?

Good afternoon pop.
Yep, I'm looking forward to my first phish show for sure. Many of the local jam bands that I go to see play the dead and phish so it's time for me to embrace it and start learning their music a bit. Not sure if I'm going to take any mush or not. Alpine valley is an interesting venue. Phish will be playing thier 20th show there on Sunday. The dead played there over a dozen times as well. But it's in small town Wisconsin and the cops, security and under covers are everywhere. In Boulder we were able to carry in all the weed, pipes, mushrooms and whatever we wanted and not have to hide anything. If you try that at alpine you are going to have to toss it or possibly get a ticket or even a ride in the back of a cop car to the local jail. It's too bad that things are still so backwards some places.
My bro has a pax vape that uses wax cartridges. Pax also makes a portable vape for flower that works well. He uses the vape more than me, I only use it if I'm somewhere that I can't get away with smoking flower, like in a bar or something.
The flower we got at the dispensarys was better than I expected or remembered it being from last year. I'd say almost as good as my home grown. It's so dry out there that it seems like it's over dry but I'm ok with that. If we hadn't brought most of what we needed I'd have made a few more stops and done more sampling. But my weed is free and with what I've been spending on vacation and concerts lately I don't have a lot to spend on other things.
My wristband on my Fitbit broke a month or so ago and I've been going without it. After wearing it for a year or so I know how active I am and don't really feel the need anymore. If I get another it will be a GPS equipped one that tracks miles on bike rides.
Still trying to find time to upload pics and write up a little summery of my trip, may need a couple more days.

Fiddynut

What's up jungle mates,

Sounds like an epic trip Fiddynuts. Hope you guys are having a great week. Colorado is beautiful country. I have been a few times when I was a kid, always wanted to go back. My great aunt had a huge property with a stream running through it. I loved spending time their.

Me and the wife spent a couple days in Newport beach this weekend. My cousin got married on a big boat, they called it a yacht, but it was more like a fancy 3 story barge. We had a blast, danced all night. Finished the night at a dive bar called the goat hill tavern. It was a great night. We are going to try to go out dancing more. I got to spend some time with my aunt who is battling breast cancer, so that was nice.

Hope you guys have a great week.

Good afternoon Pack.
'Twas a great time for sure brother. I can't wait to go back!
It sounds like y'all had a great time last weekend. I remember you mentioning the boat wedding a while back. Dancing is great for the body and mind, the more you do it the better.
Time spent with family, especially sick family is time well spent!

rocker

Hey Jungle Dwellers,

Long time since I posted, life is busy and blah, blah blah, sorry missed ya all.

And what A day to look in, Fiddy I remember way back you saying you were seeing the Dead at Folsom, so cool, I love and miss living in Boulder. Fireworks are usually in the stadium on the 4th, we would ride are bikes to and from, great bike paths all through the city. And Phish, I was just in Vt for the 4th and Phish was in Saratoga on the 3rd, my nephews went, I was bummed I missed it, never seen them, but saw the dead :). Glad you enjoyed Boulder, & yep Taxes are high, but go outside of Boulder city limits and they drop a little, Boulder's are the highest of all city taxes, fyi.

Fiddy, one of the reason's I wanted to drop in is, I am dog sitting, and have been on and off for a few weeks, but it's just she and I for the next 10 days or so, as I am bachelor living with my wife traveling. The dog is a almost 2 year old Labor-doodle, and she is a sweet sweet dog, and can run like the wind. I take her to the park and when she gets to run with other dogs it is really fun to watch, unless she runs into you, haha. Anyway, glad Eggo is as good as he seemed he was going to be when I hibernated for the winter and some.

Lastly, I told you I was going to do an auto run, and I tried but nothing sprouted out of 10 seeds, I think it may not have been warm enough, so I ran clones again, but now I have some afterthought autos going.

Packerfan, I grew up in Orange County and Goat Hill Tavern is not just a dive bar, but a Local Institution, Treasure and Landmark, you fell into one hell of a spot, that's awesome.

I'll try not to be such a stranger, btw, I spin vinyl in my cave and I have "Wake of the Flood" on right now.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle Dwellers,

Long time since I posted, life is busy and blah, blah blah, sorry missed ya all.

And what A day to look in, Fiddy I remember way back you saying you were seeing the Dead at Folsom, so cool, I love and miss living in Boulder. Fireworks are usually in the stadium on the 4th, we would ride are bikes to and from, great bike paths all through the city. And Phish, I was just in Vt for the 4th and Phish was in Saratoga on the 3rd, my nephews went, I was bummed I missed it, never seen them, but saw the dead :). Glad you enjoyed Boulder, & yep Taxes are high, but go outside of Boulder city limits and they drop a little, Boulder's are the highest of all city taxes, fyi.

Fiddy, one of the reason's I wanted to drop in is, I am dog sitting, and have been on and off for a few weeks, but it's just she and I for the next 10 days or so, as I am bachelor living with my wife traveling. The dog is a almost 2 year old Labor-doodle, and she is a sweet sweet dog, and can run like the wind. I take her to the park and when she gets to run with other dogs it is really fun to watch, unless she runs into you, haha. Anyway, glad Eggo is as good as he seemed he was going to be when I hibernated for the winter and some.

Lastly, I told you I was going to do an auto run, and I tried but nothing sprouted out of 10 seeds, I think it may not have been warm enough, so I ran clones again, but now I have some afterthought autos going.

Packerfan, I grew up in Orange County and Goat Hill Tavern is not just a dive bar, but a Local Institution, Treasure and Landmark, you fell into one hell of a spot, that's awesome.

I'll try not to be such a stranger, btw, I spin vinyl in my cave and I have "Wake of the Flood" on right now.

It was pretty cool, how could a bar named goat hill, and not have a fantastic time. It was the maid of honors idea, they are all chollo adjacent. Fuckers party hard, I like to keep my composure when out drinking in bars, with the wife.I was pretty drunk, when we left the bar I haven't been that drunk in years.

went to an awesome little Mexican spot covered in day of the dead faces. Had some awesome chicken mole, wife had some bomb shrimp tacos.

I was a regular at a local dive bar here in my 20's. Great times. Like a dirty graffitied cheers.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
tomorrow is friday and im ready for the weekend
tribute bands are always fun but i think you will like the real phish a lot more
jam bands arent really my thing but i had a friend back in the day who was really into live music; phish was one of his favorite bands
to hear him discribe it, its not just about teh music, but its almost like a family type thing where you see people you know and reunite with old friends
cant wait to check out the pics brother
i will have to check out the pax vapes
i like smoking bud but it would be cool to have for the reasons you listed
the laws are weird across the nation and i think a lot of it is based on the local vibe overall
i remember growing up here in california and even before it was legal pot was pretty much ndb if you played your cards right
but some places are very anti drug and people are afraid of things they dont know anything about or dont like
one day it will be totally legal just like cigarettes or booz, but you will alwys have those who will still think its bad
be safe my man and keep it toasty