What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas!
i have a couple of friends here at ICMag who are from chiTown and they recomends a place called gioranos and some toher place i cant seem to recall
ive had lou malnattis and it was super danky! real fresh ingredients and good cheese
i like both kind of pizza but we usually go with the ny style
i will have to remember to drain the cucumbers next time i make something wiht them
i kind of like the water they give off because i can go with straight oil/ vinegar and it will mello as it sits
but if you are going for a specific flavor i can see how it cuold throw things off
thats cool that you and the mrs can share activities but still do things on your own too
thats one thing i like about mrsChicky, she has her own interests and i have mine
sometiems we are in the same room but both doing our own thing and we are both happy with it

temp and humidity controllers are key if you are going to fan dry your stash
i bet you could make yourself a small unit that could totally accommodate a 1/4# or so but fit into a small space
keep us posted on your ideas re: the veg/clone box
an armoire of cabinet would be an awesome space to keep a few cuts, how much head room would they have in there with the tray once you get the lights set up
dude, that sounds like a great field to get into
businesses are always looking for ways to cut cost and reduce man hours, automation is the way of the future my man
wither way i think both field of study would be right up your alley and you would do really well packerfan'
keep up the great work bruh and be sure to keep us updated on what you are up to

kick ass guys!

Fiddynut

happening fellas!
i have a couple of friends here at ICMag who are from chiTown and they recomends a place called gioranos and some toher place i cant seem to recall
ive had lou malnattis and it was super danky! real fresh ingredients and good cheese
i like both kind of pizza but we usually go with the ny style
i will have to remember to drain the cucumbers next time i make something wiht them
i kind of like the water they give off because i can go with straight oil/ vinegar and it will mello as it sits
but if you are going for a specific flavor i can see how it cuold throw things off
thats cool that you and the mrs can share activities but still do things on your own too
thats one thing i like about mrsChicky, she has her own interests and i have mine
sometiems we are in the same room but both doing our own thing and we are both happy with it

temp and humidity controllers are key if you are going to fan dry your stash
i bet you could make yourself a small unit that could totally accommodate a 1/4# or so but fit into a small space
keep us posted on your ideas re: the veg/clone box
an armoire of cabinet would be an awesome space to keep a few cuts, how much head room would they have in there with the tray once you get the lights set up
dude, that sounds like a great field to get into
businesses are always looking for ways to cut cost and reduce man hours, automation is the way of the future my man
wither way i think both field of study would be right up your alley and you would do really well packerfan'
keep up the great work bruh and be sure to keep us updated on what you are up to

kick ass guys!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I don't get down there much so my knowledge is limited. I haven't been to Lou malnattis or gioranos but the menus look good. Geno's east is I think the original of the "Chicago " style pizza as far as I know. It's not just a thicker crust but the sauce is on top of the cheese and toppings. But I've also heard that most pizza in Chicago is thin crust and most people prefer thin crust. Here in Milwaukee thin crust is king, the thinner the better. I'm a think crust guy too but once in a while it's nice to mix it up a bit.
The reason I drain the cucs is because the juice makes the sauce watery. That's fine with the oil and vinegar sauce but a cream sauce should have a nice creamy consistently. It's an easy step and it seasons the cucumbers too. Be sure to compensate for the salt if you try it.
I think that for sure time together and away is important for couples. It's healthy to want to be together but maybe not to be together every waking moment. As they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and familiarity breeds contempt. As with most things in life a good balance is best.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah a good relationship is all about balance
me and the mrs do a lot of stuff together but we still have our own seprate interests as well
i will definitely try draining my cucumbers next time i make the greek sauce
i think that might have been the other place the guys mentioned, genos
i will drop thema line and see what they say
we talk about food just as much as we do here!
so when are you heading out to chicago?
i was talking to my frind who lent us the discs and he is totally cool with us keeping them for as long as we wuold like
he said he could even give me more of his lighter discs so the mrs could try out different weights
i told him hes done more than enough and we might buy a few to have for ourselves
are there any good brands you would recommend? what are some of the thigns you look for in a good friss?
hope you are having a great week brother and are easing into a fun weekend
got anythign planned yet?

Fiddynut

yeah a good relationship is all about balance
me and the mrs do a lot of stuff together but we still have our own seprate interests as well
i will definitely try draining my cucumbers next time i make the greek sauce
i think that might have been the other place the guys mentioned, genos
i will drop thema line and see what they say
we talk about food just as much as we do here!
so when are you heading out to chicago?
i was talking to my frind who lent us the discs and he is totally cool with us keeping them for as long as we wuold like
he said he could even give me more of his lighter discs so the mrs could try out different weights
i told him hes done more than enough and we might buy a few to have for ourselves
are there any good brands you would recommend? what are some of the thigns you look for in a good friss?
hope you are having a great week brother and are easing into a fun weekend
got anythign planned yet?

Staying balanced is important in so many ways. I think Buddha had it right and the whole yin and yang thing makes so much sense. Even our plants need a good balance of nutrients to be healthy.
I'd bet he was talking about Gino's, they have been serving it up since 1966. If you haven't had that style it's worth trying out for sure. The crust is still on the bottom but the rest is upside down with the cheese then toppings then the sauce on top.
We are headed down a week from tomorrow. We got an Airbnb just a few blocks from wrigley so we can walk to the shows. We are really starting to look forward to it.
That's great about the discs. I hope you can find ones that are comfortable to throw and get out there as much as possable.
I like discraft discs but I'll have a look in my bag and see what else is in ther. Lately I've been throwing a midrange that is a "0" and flys nice and straight unless I put English on it. I had a pro model called a soc bomb that flew really well for me last year but lost it in the thick grass out of bounds last year.
Nothing planned for the weekend but I'm sure I'll find some trouble to get into. I hope your week is wrapping up nicley and all is well brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
looks like we are almost to the end of another week brother
my assitant at work tookthe day off today because he had reservations at the new star wars thing at disney land
he was super excited about it and i cant wait to see the pics and hear his stories about it tomorrow
we were checking it out online and it looks like a lot of fun but i havent been to disney land since the kids were kids
that sounds like an awesome trip to chicago and you guys will be right in the mix being so close to wrigly field
be sure to stroll about the town and take in the sights, and of course post up some pics
/ yuo know how i like to ride along and pics make it that much better
i will ahve to ask the guys what are some good stops close to the ball park and see what they recomend
a friend at works husband is going to be in chicago sometime soon, hes mixed up with a band called amigo the devil and i gues they are opening up for floggin molly doing shows in wisco and chi'town
thats for the disc recommendations and i cant wait to get out to the park and toss a few this weeeknd
plus the mrs is taking me out to a place called cheese cake factory for lunch on sat; im not sure what the serve but if they have anything country fried im totally going to get it!
you have a great weekend my man and i hope your summer is off to a great start

Fiddynut

looks like we are almost to the end of another week brother
my assitant at work tookthe day off today because he had reservations at the new star wars thing at disney land
he was super excited about it and i cant wait to see the pics and hear his stories about it tomorrow
we were checking it out online and it looks like a lot of fun but i havent been to disney land since the kids were kids
that sounds like an awesome trip to chicago and you guys will be right in the mix being so close to wrigly field
be sure to stroll about the town and take in the sights, and of course post up some pics
/ yuo know how i like to ride along and pics make it that much better
i will ahve to ask the guys what are some good stops close to the ball park and see what they recomend
a friend at works husband is going to be in chicago sometime soon, hes mixed up with a band called amigo the devil and i gues they are opening up for floggin molly doing shows in wisco and chi'town
thats for the disc recommendations and i cant wait to get out to the park and toss a few this weeeknd
plus the mrs is taking me out to a place called cheese cake factory for lunch on sat; im not sure what the serve but if they have anything country fried im totally going to get it!
you have a great weekend my man and i hope your summer is off to a great start

Your right and this week absolutely flew by for me brother. This morning I got my 3rd mountain bike ride of the week in. I'm feeling a lot stronger on the trails after a few rides and can't wait to see how fast I can get if I can keep riding. The tubeless are working well, I can run like 14 PSI and not worry about pinch flats. The rain has stayed mostly away and the trails are in great shape. This morning I had a dude get pretty close to passing me on the second half of my second lap. It motivated me to stay a gear or two higher and push. I kept him behind me and eventually pulled a gap by the time we got back to the lot. Felt great!
I hope your guy enjoys the Star Wars thing. I remember how cool the first three movies were when I was a kid but don't really understand how much of a big deal people make of it today. I know a bunch of people who have Star Wars themed rec rooms and stuff. They spend thousands on replica toys and they are adults. I'm not one to tell people what to get into but it seems like a big money making thing these days. 100 bucks for a Star Wars lunch box and things like that. To each their own I guess.
I will take plenty of pics when we're down in chi town. There are a bunch of "wrigleyvill" bars that are having live music before and after the shows so I'll be checking all of that out. Here bar time is 2:30 am but down there I think they can stay open until like 5 am or something.
I will check out that amigo the devil band. I am familiar with flogging Molly as a ska-punk band. Maybe I can even go and check them out.
I got to shoot a game of disc on Monday and I'm going to try to get some games in this weekend for sure. I'm rusty from the lack of playing over the long winter and wet spring. I'm glad you guys are looking forward to playing soon.
We have Cheesecake Factory here too but I've never been so I can't make any recommendations. Let me know how you like it.
Summer is finally here and I'm digging it.
You have a great weekend too brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
kick ass fiddy! that great that you are getting some good rides in
i hear you about not wanting to get passed and its a fun way to keep yourself motivated and push harder
im doing great with my weight loss but im not getting in as much saddle time as i would like
/down to about 200#
yeah my friend at work had a blast at disneyland but you are so right about how everything is so expensive
at least i hope the people you know are buying vintage stuff for their money
i dident add it up but i can tell you he easily dropped a few hundred bucks on overpriced t shirts and food and dirnks
like you said, i would never tell someone how to spend their money but i think the prices for some of this stuff is outrageous
wow, 5a?!? the bars here close down at 2a and i think they also stop liquor sales around that time too
i bet the area around the ball park is rad and it would be fun to check out some of your pics when you get back
the amigo the devil is a crazy band, my friend at work gave me one of their cds and its this weird music but it kind of sounds cool
if you do get to see them that would be a trip!
hope you have a great friday night and an even better weeeknd
we are going to the cheesecake factory tomorrow so i will let you know how it is
plus we are going to the park again and tossing some discs around, i cant wait!
have a great weekend brother and keep on kicking ass!

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe
Fiddy I'm glad you are getting out to lose those pounds you want to. I found a couple over winter and am pushing 180 and it feels good to have some muscle again, and of course a little belly fat came with it.
I found a keeper in all those lbl x goji I popped. #9 Vicie (Vi-see) has a peppery earthy flavor and a nice sativa giddyness we all seem to prefer. All the pheno's had a good buzz, some fruity some lemony. I was hoping for a totem pole but settled for these delicious golf balls. I'm keeping a mother of her and running all the rest of the pheno's now.
Last weekend we drove up to Bean Blossom Indiana for the John Hartford Festival in the Bill Monroe state park. Its usually very strict old time bluegrass , no dogs allowed. They even have a dress code for anyone on stage. This one weekend a year the hippies take the park and rules are suspended. Dogs roam the stage and every where else. There were tiedye booths a vape and glass pipe tent and all the vendors you see at a dead event. They only sell 2000 tickets for the weekend so its never crowded. Three stages all day and nite. People passed joints but were respectful of kids and many would walk back in the woods to burn one. Saw a lot of young newgrass folk and some old time straight bluegrass too. All very professional and with EAW line arrays for a great sound.
One band from Minn. really caught my ear. Barbero with a girl on fiddle who was most wonderful, great slide player and bass man. The banjo picking lead singer was good too.
If they come around Fiddy you should surly see them.
We came home fed all the plants and left one of the kids to water this week and flew out to Tampa Bay for a funeral. We're staying a week since airfare is so much cheaper to fly on wed. We save about 400 bucks that way and a friend had an open condo out here on Anna Marie Island. At our age these funerals come often and we made this one into a short beach break.
When we return its time to put clones outside so end of the week will be very busy for me. I'm mostly going with the Bangi since it does so well with mold, but will try my Vicie cut and some sour og to see how they do in PM season. I want to put out a Pineapple express but I doubt it will take the wet cool fall. Grow reports say its good resistance and some say don't even try. Outside I will use the formula I got off Jidoka for Cano3, MKP and Epsom. My normal fish mix just won't do outside in the deep woods. The calcium nitrate really helps the stretch and after that I plan to cut it in half and try to get something else for N if its needed after the end of stretch in August.
I'll get some pix up when they get in. I have three different styles for outdoor this year, a 65 gal shortie fabric bed, a 75 gallon mound on a flat dugout spot and the 30 gal tubs I like with rez in the bottom and a solar powered bubbler.
Time to roll a couple elfinstone blunts and hit the beach before the pm storms pile in.
Smokem if you Gottem boys and try to stay between the navigational markers.

Fiddynut

kick ass fiddy! that great that you are getting some good rides in
i hear you about not wanting to get passed and its a fun way to keep yourself motivated and push harder
im doing great with my weight loss but im not getting in as much saddle time as i would like
/down to about 200#
yeah my friend at work had a blast at disneyland but you are so right about how everything is so expensive
at least i hope the people you know are buying vintage stuff for their money
i dident add it up but i can tell you he easily dropped a few hundred bucks on overpriced t shirts and food and dirnks
like you said, i would never tell someone how to spend their money but i think the prices for some of this stuff is outrageous
wow, 5a?!? the bars here close down at 2a and i think they also stop liquor sales around that time too
i bet the area around the ball park is rad and it would be fun to check out some of your pics when you get back
the amigo the devil is a crazy band, my friend at work gave me one of their cds and its this weird music but it kind of sounds cool
if you do get to see them that would be a trip!
hope you have a great friday night and an even better weeeknd
we are going to the cheesecake factory tomorrow so i will let you know how it is
plus we are going to the park again and tossing some discs around, i cant wait!
have a great weekend brother and keep on kicking ass!

Yep it felt great to get back on the trails brother. I'm really looking forward to riding as much as I can this year. If the weather cooperates that could be a lot of rides. Way more fun than the elliptical at the gym.
I'm glad your doing well with your weight loss. Keep it up man! I am just kind of holding steady on my weight. I gained about 10 pounds over the holidays and when I was down after the surgery and haven't been able to really loose it because I eat a little more than I should. I keep hoping that with the nicer weather I'll get a little more active and that will get those pounds back off.
I'm glad your buddy had a good time at Disney. My bro has taken his wife and kid to the Disney parks in Florida a couple times and he has told me how expensive it gets. Once they have you on the grounds and you don't have a choice they can charge whatever they want for food and drinks and what not.
Bars close at 2 on weeknights here and 2:30 on the weekends, but Chicago dosent have thiose rules and can stay open very late. The messed up thing here is that you can only buy alcohol to carry out at stores untill 9pm here so if you want to drink later you have to go to a bar. Seems to encourage drunk driving to me.
The aria around the stadium or "wriggleyville" is going to be crazy. I will get some pics and have some stories for y'all next week. The forecast is for a cool and rainy weekend and I may have to invest in some good rain gear to stay comfortable.
How was the Cheesecake Factory? Did you get out and throw the discs around?
I hope you had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start.

Fiddynut

Hello Jungle Tribe
Fiddy I'm glad you are getting out to lose those pounds you want to. I found a couple over winter and am pushing 180 and it feels good to have some muscle again, and of course a little belly fat came with it.
I found a keeper in all those lbl x goji I popped. #9 Vicie (Vi-see) has a peppery earthy flavor and a nice sativa giddyness we all seem to prefer. All the pheno's had a good buzz, some fruity some lemony. I was hoping for a totem pole but settled for these delicious golf balls. I'm keeping a mother of her and running all the rest of the pheno's now.
Last weekend we drove up to Bean Blossom Indiana for the John Hartford Festival in the Bill Monroe state park. Its usually very strict old time bluegrass , no dogs allowed. They even have a dress code for anyone on stage. This one weekend a year the hippies take the park and rules are suspended. Dogs roam the stage and every where else. There were tiedye booths a vape and glass pipe tent and all the vendors you see at a dead event. They only sell 2000 tickets for the weekend so its never crowded. Three stages all day and nite. People passed joints but were respectful of kids and many would walk back in the woods to burn one. Saw a lot of young newgrass folk and some old time straight bluegrass too. All very professional and with EAW line arrays for a great sound.
One band from Minn. really caught my ear. Barbero with a girl on fiddle who was most wonderful, great slide player and bass man. The banjo picking lead singer was good too.
If they come around Fiddy you should surly see them.
We came home fed all the plants and left one of the kids to water this week and flew out to Tampa Bay for a funeral. We're staying a week since airfare is so much cheaper to fly on wed. We save about 400 bucks that way and a friend had an open condo out here on Anna Marie Island. At our age these funerals come often and we made this one into a short beach break.
When we return its time to put clones outside so end of the week will be very busy for me. I'm mostly going with the Bangi since it does so well with mold, but will try my Vicie cut and some sour og to see how they do in PM season. I want to put out a Pineapple express but I doubt it will take the wet cool fall. Grow reports say its good resistance and some say don't even try. Outside I will use the formula I got off Jidoka for Cano3, MKP and Epsom. My normal fish mix just won't do outside in the deep woods. The calcium nitrate really helps the stretch and after that I plan to cut it in half and try to get something else for N if its needed after the end of stretch in August.
I'll get some pix up when they get in. I have three different styles for outdoor this year, a 65 gal shortie fabric bed, a 75 gallon mound on a flat dugout spot and the 30 gal tubs I like with rez in the bottom and a solar powered bubbler.
Time to roll a couple elfinstone blunts and hit the beach before the pm storms pile in.
Smokem if you Gottem boys and try to stay between the navigational markers.

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
I'm glad you found a few pounds over the winter. Nothing wrong with a little belly fat brother. Keep it up!
It sounds like you have some nice things going in your garden. I'm glad you are finding some strains that are appealing to you.
That John Hartford fest sounds great. I don't get enough bluegrass in my life. That park sounds really nice. I bet it was great fun to be around all the hippies for the weekend. I will have to check out that Barbero band. Minn is right to out west across the Mississippi River and it wouldn't surprise me if that band came around here from time to time. I went to a street frstavle in Milwaukee last weekend and got to take in some good music as well. Locust street days is a music and art fest that is in a neighborhood called riverwest. Riverwest is a border neighborhood between the old hippie holdout of the east side and the very ghetto north side. It's very diverse in a city that is one of the most segregated in the country. Luckily everyone was well behaves and there were no shootings this year. It's a good example of how people can just get along and enjoy music together.
That is too bad about all the funerals. I feel like I've been to way too many of them as well. I hope your beach break is nice and relaxing.
Good luck with your outdoor and I'd love to see some pics when you get some.
I hope your week is going well!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope you are having a great week f,nut
yeah we got out this weekend and got to toss some disc, but im going to have to remember the sunscreen next time
friday was like low 70's and mild but saturday the heat went way up
when we got home i noticed the mrs was really red on her face and upper body
we both got some nice color
we ended up going to claim jumper instead but it was still really good
i got the country fried steak and the mrs went ham on the salad bar
its still early in the year and im sure you will drop those extra pounds here in no time
are you back 100% from the surgery?
cant wait to see the pics and hear all about your adventures brother!
how is ego doing btw? we lost another chicken the other night
she was one of my favorites and i am not sure im going to be so compassionate when i catch this one
we are putting the remaining flock into the green house at night now and i have a pretty nice pellet gun locked and loaded by the back door
if i trap it it i might just relocate it, but i am really upset about it killing my pet chicken and if i hear it outside im going after it
hope you are having a great week my man got any plans for the weekend

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop
Sorry about the chicken, if its a coon maybe you should make a flag for your mountain bike.
We got our Cornish Rocks four weeks ago. I lost one the first day but the other 49 are about 4 pound meatballs already. They lay down by the feed trough to eat often and then waddle over to water. Not forage birds for sure I threw in a wood roach and they ignored it I mashed it and they fought over it. Look like little dino chickens they are all leg and breast. Harvest in four more weeks and we expect 8-9 pounds dressed. I think we paid about $10 each and will spend about 200 on feed so after all's in about $2 a pound. Not counting the plucking machine. We got half a dozen layers too in the hen house now. I'm taking a break from digging out on the ridge now and will show chic pix later along with my outdoor sites.
Hey did you ever pop those philosopher seeds you won?

Fiddynut

hope you are having a great week f,nut
yeah we got out this weekend and got to toss some disc, but im going to have to remember the sunscreen next time
friday was like low 70's and mild but saturday the heat went way up
when we got home i noticed the mrs was really red on her face and upper body
we both got some nice color
we ended up going to claim jumper instead but it was still really good
i got the country fried steak and the mrs went ham on the salad bar
its still early in the year and im sure you will drop those extra pounds here in no time
are you back 100% from the surgery?
cant wait to see the pics and hear all about your adventures brother!
how is ego doing btw? we lost another chicken the other night
she was one of my favorites and i am not sure im going to be so compassionate when i catch this one
we are putting the remaining flock into the green house at night now and i have a pretty nice pellet gun locked and loaded by the back door
if i trap it it i might just relocate it, but i am really upset about it killing my pet chicken and if i hear it outside im going after it
hope you are having a great week my man got any plans for the weekend

I'm glad you got out to throw the discs around. That's good thinking about the sunscreen, I have not gotten nearly enough sun this year yet. I usually burn once or twice and then I'm pretty good for the rest of the summer. I defenatly will need some sunscreen this weekend if it's sunny. So the forecast for Saturday nights concert is for rain and thunderstorms. Rainy dead shows can be a lot of fun and we won't be letting that spoil our good times. To be sure I went out and got some nice light summer rain gear.
Oh man, I'm totally craving country fried steak now that you mention it. How was it? It's been way too long since I've that. I need my fix LOL.
I'm defenatly 100%, have been since a couple weeks or so after. Not sure why I healed so fast but I did and they even took off the lifting restrictions early.
Eggo is doing well and seems like he is starting to know what we are expects from him and his behavior is improving. Ever since he had an ear infection and was on antibiotics and had some indigestion I've been making his food for him. He really seems to like the home cooked meals. I joke that my dog eats better than a lot of people's kids, but it's probably true.
That's too bad about the chicken. I can tell you have a connection with them and arnt happy to loose them. I suppose it's tough because they can't really fly to escape predators and don't have much defense. Maybe some type of pen could be built to keep them safe at night. I wouldn't blame you for using that pellet gun a bit.
I hope your week is otherwise going well.

Hey Pop
Sorry about the chicken, if its a coon maybe you should make a flag for your mountain bike.
We got our Cornish Rocks four weeks ago. I lost one the first day but the other 49 are about 4 pound meatballs already. They lay down by the feed trough to eat often and then waddle over to water. Not forage birds for sure I threw in a wood roach and they ignored it I mashed it and they fought over it. Look like little dino chickens they are all leg and breast. Harvest in four more weeks and we expect 8-9 pounds dressed. I think we paid about $10 each and will spend about 200 on feed so after all's in about $2 a pound. Not counting the plucking machine. We got half a dozen layers too in the hen house now. I'm taking a break from digging out on the ridge now and will show chic pix later along with my outdoor sites.
Hey did you ever pop those philosopher seeds you won?

That sounds like a bunch of chickens. Do they make a lot of noise or anything? I think I can have a few chickens in my city but no roosters. I don't really eat eggs so I've not thought much about it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellows

wait what?!? how many chickens do you have rhode?!?
that is so weird that they dont go after bugs because our chickens are totally ruthless and eat just about anything they find in the yard
/bugs, mice, lizard...
you are so right, they are totally dino raptors and i hear just smaller versions of what they would have been eons ago

happy thursday fiddy
hope you are having a great week
sound like eggo is totally a part of the family and has taken on your vibe
pets can be like the family and i can understand wanting them to eat well
/ive told you about my moms chickens and how she meal preps for them
so whats one his menu this week
hope your week is winding up nicely!
the girl is graduating tonight! off to teh ceremony

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop
Yeah started with fifty meat birds. Now have forty nine. We connected the pen to the chicken house and combined the flock the layers are Buff crosses about five months old they do peck around but the meat birds just stay inside with the food and water. If carried out on the grass they just stand there till the rooster herds them back in. He's really having to adjust from just six hens to all this. He was a bit confused for a while now he got his strut back.

Rodehazrd

I got the outside hard work done one more tree to drop. I tried to shoo this copperhead away but he coiled up and took a swing at me. I gave him the busy end of a steel rake. They usually turn and run.

Attachments

• IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 17

Fiddynut

happening fellows

wait what?!? how many chickens do you have rhode?!?
that is so weird that they dont go after bugs because our chickens are totally ruthless and eat just about anything they find in the yard
/bugs, mice, lizard...
you are so right, they are totally dino raptors and i hear just smaller versions of what they would have been eons ago

happy thursday fiddy
hope you are having a great week
sound like eggo is totally a part of the family and has taken on your vibe
pets can be like the family and i can understand wanting them to eat well
/ive told you about my moms chickens and how she meal preps for them
so whats one his menu this week
hope your week is winding up nicely!
the girl is graduating tonight! off to teh ceremony

I'm having a great week and it's going to be even better in a couple hours when I'm in the car heading south out of town. My bro and I want to a pre party last night at a place right down on the Milwaukee river close to Lake Michigan. Boney fingers was playing and it was a nice opportunity to see some music and get ready for the concerts tonight and tomorrow. Still a lot of rain in the forecast and I'm ready for big fun rain or shine. A few years ago I bought a new snowblower and that year it didn't hardly snow at all so I'm hoping that by buying rain gear this year it will fend most of the rain off.
I don't remember hearing about how your mom makes meals for her chickens. What does she feed them?
I just made Eggo a batch of food and it's got ground turkey, rice, mixed veggies, kidney beans, garlic,turmeric and some calcium (tums tablets).
Have fun at the graduation! The wife and I have a lot of friends with kids graduating this year and she has been to a couple party's a week the last couple.
Have a great weekend brother!

Fiddynut

I got the outside hard work done one more tree to drop. I tried to shoo this copperhead away but he coiled up and took a swing at me. I gave him the busy end of a steel rake. They usually turn and run.
I've had pythons and other constrictors as pets but poisonous snakes freak me out a little. I'm glad he didn't get you!
Looks like a nice sunny spot on the hillside for those plants.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a decent sized copperhead there rhode!
the bite usually arent fatal but can sure ruin a good day brother; always know where your next step is going to be my man
beautiful snake btw
i can only imaging how the roster must feel with so many new gals in his harem
are you planing on raising your own flock and hatching your own chicks?
looks like a nice spot you have laid out for your garden and i notice you ahve some in containers and others planted in the earth
any thoughts behind this or is that just how things shook out?

sounds like you are heading in the right direction fiddy and i cant wait to hear about your adventures
my mom mostly feed her chickens brown rice and veggie scraps from her garden; the trim leafs if you will or parts that are too tough to eat
plus she feeds them krill for the omega-3 and fruit
nothign goes to waste when you have yard birds and even my friend chip in with tier stale bread or produce that has turned but not rotten
how are the plants doing? are you going to be able to rbing your newst stuff with you on your trip
the graduation was fun but it was a long day for sure
the mrs got really emotional at one point too but who can blame her; for her its the last baby bird leaving the nest
i choose to see it as an emancipation of sorts
now she can get back to taking care of me full time!
hope you are on the road right now brother and heading towards good tiems
cant wait to hear all about your adventures down south

Rodehazrd

Yeah Pop thats about the size I see a lot. Once saw one 5 feet but usually 3-4 for full grown. I have a nice rat snake stays under my house, they will eat a copperhead. I hope it has babies this year. I see about a dozen copperheads each year rarely have to kill one but I won't have them near the house as visitors don't know how to look where they step. One of our clan has a snake net and he relocates them to a safe place. If they can't find their Habernaculum in the fall they will die. He worries about that and would prefer I not kill but like you say its no party to be bitten we've had two bites in our family. No one died but the one bit on the foot never gets shoes to fit right anymore and it takes weeks to quit hurting.
I won't be hatching any chickens I just order through the mail. These Cornish Rock only take 8 weeks to mature and be ready for the freezer. They still have bare spots at 5 weeks old just growing faster than their feathers. Gaining just about 1 pound per week.
@FIDDY they don't make much noise. We will eat them before the roosters learn to crow. Now the old rooster thats another thing but if you keep them in a safe pen you won't need a rooster to put them up at night. Thats the roosters job to put them on the roost.
Got to mix up some neem this morning I found mites on my LBL. I just haven't been able to kill them just knock them down for a while.
Borg!!:moon:

pop I'm in those tubs because they have performed so well in the past. I got 12 oz from one full of Bangi last year so I put the old mother out there to do a scrog. The closer tub has 818 headband in it to see if it tolerates the PM. The mound and the 65gal shortie are Bangi since I know it does well in PM resistance. If the mound does ok on the ridge I may do more of that next year. I dug some LBL into a trench too just to see. I didn't put out the Pineapple express but may try a clone in mid july just to see how it survives outside. I'm not sure what it likes yet but for sure it likes a lot of feed. I upped its feed from 1.1ec to 1.7 this week and she's still wanting more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts