Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening boosh, long time no see
do you have anything going this season?

i hear you about new genetics fiddy
so i recently got some autos
its kind of late in the year to grow out a regular var, but i think a fast finishing auto might just work out
you guys all know our friend aridbuds of afterthought auto; i remember you grew some of his hear out and had some nice results
i have a few of his strains sprouted and am waiting to bring them to my friends house to plant in his back yard
he has a termite inspection this week so i will bring them over to his place next weekend so far they are looking nice
nice plants man!
it looks like you topped them at least once and they are growing great
if they start to streach too much you can always bend them a little to even the canopy height out
i hear you about getting back in the saddle and i have been on a few short rides lately but nothing like what we used to do
the summer heat is here so we can only ride in the morning or evenings and the mrs being so busy with the gril moving
but im keeping up with my walks and doing some calisthenics in the mean while
like you said, its so easy to gain the weight
thats great that you are felling good and doing well with your fitness
all we can do is just keep it up and do the best we can brother
hope you had a great week and your weekend kicks ass

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What up pop! I been good man slacking on the grow front, got tents going but been focused on learning electronics stuff mostly. Making custom PCBs for some projects lately so I had to learn all that stuff. I got some outdoor going which I'm hoping does really well. Just went up and took some pics today after spraying them and making sure the sun shade was doing okay. It was heat index of 112 here today so I wanted to make sure they weren't gonna overheat. Good luck with the autoflowers too! I've had good experience with the afterthought autos, they aren't sexed though so be sure to check for males if you don't want a pollination event.

picture.php
picture.php

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey that a nice patch boosh'
is that on your own property or do you have a gorilla patch going somewhere?
looks like you went right into the earth with those and they should ahve some really nice fat root balls
but why so close together? was it because of the shade cloth only being so big?
so it looks like some rodents got to most of my autos
i sprouted them indoors and was putting them outside during the day to get them ready for their move over to my friends yard
i was helping a friend move this weekend so i was kind of busy
when i went and checked on them this morning almost all of the plants had been chewed
i still have three of one strain but i might try and sprout the rest of the seeds i have
i was saving them to run indoors over the fall but i kind of want to ahve something growing outdoors this season
im going to sex the plants this go round, but maybe one day i will try my hand at pollinating
hope you are keeping busy staying cool my man

Fiddynut

Don't melt you crazy people! And keep up the beautiful grows.

Good afternoon AP.
I hope you were able to keep cool as well. It sure was hot last week but has been absolutely beautiful the last couple days around here.
Your outdoor girls are looking good brother!

Fiddynut

happening boosh, long time no see
do you have anything going this season?

i hear you about new genetics fiddy
so i recently got some autos
its kind of late in the year to grow out a regular var, but i think a fast finishing auto might just work out
you guys all know our friend aridbuds of afterthought auto; i remember you grew some of his hear out and had some nice results
i have a few of his strains sprouted and am waiting to bring them to my friends house to plant in his back yard
he has a termite inspection this week so i will bring them over to his place next weekend so far they are looking nice
nice plants man!
it looks like you topped them at least once and they are growing great
if they start to streach too much you can always bend them a little to even the canopy height out
i hear you about getting back in the saddle and i have been on a few short rides lately but nothing like what we used to do
the summer heat is here so we can only ride in the morning or evenings and the mrs being so busy with the gril moving
but im keeping up with my walks and doing some calisthenics in the mean while
like you said, its so easy to gain the weight
thats great that you are felling good and doing well with your fitness
all we can do is just keep it up and do the best we can brother
hope you had a great week and your weekend kicks ass

Good afternoon pop.
Growing some autos should be fun and they are a great way to know your plants will finish before it gets cool and wet in the fall.
I'm glad that we all have some experience with the afterthought genetics. AB works hard and is a great guy.
Sorry to hear that some were damaged by rodents. Get the rest of those beans poped you still have time.
Which varietys are you growing?
I remember some finishing in like 60-70 days from sprout and others being closer to 90 days. I grew the shorter ones but would love to see some of the "super autos" that get a lot bigger and need more time to finish.
I did top the cobra lips plants a few days before flipping to 12/12. They are doing pretty well, except for some light bleaching or rust spots on a few leaves. I'm using a new bulb this run ( I never go more than 3 runs on a bulb ) and the light in intense.
I got a coup,e good mountain bike rides in last week before the rain at the end of the week closed the trails for the weekend. Trails opened back up yesterday so I'll be trying to ride every other day starting tomorrow morning.
I hope you had a good weekend.
I took it easy and rested up and got some shit done around the house and in the yard.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother!
hope your week is off to a great start
its freaking hot otuside, the humidity went through the roof and it feel like honolulu outside right now
yeah ab is the best and i hope to do his gear justice
another plant was munched last night and i only have two of the original squad
fortunately when i was potting them i kept all the runts so maybe i can salvage those, but like you said i thinki will crack another batch of seeds
i was hoping to save those to run indoors but i really want to get some girls growing this summer
the lone surviving strain is banca jaque, but i also have an ibelisk and one called blueberry jarxazure rocket
i really want to check out the last one but they all sound so good!
another really cool think about afterthought is he sent me a nice pdf to read
it outlines best practices growing out his strains
i felt it was a nice tough and it would really help someone who was new to growing their own
thats awesome you got a few good rides in
we helped a friend move house this weekend so i was pretty sedentary after that
they are good friends
after we went to a mexican place and had this thing called fideo; its like mexian style chineese noodles
ive never had it before but i can tellyou me and the mrs are going back for sure
i might even try making it ourselves at home one of these days
hope you are hAving a great week f'nut ; summer is in full effect

Fiddynut

happening brother!
hope your week is off to a great start
its freaking hot otuside, the humidity went through the roof and it feel like honolulu outside right now
yeah ab is the best and i hope to do his gear justice
another plant was munched last night and i only have two of the original squad
fortunately when i was potting them i kept all the runts so maybe i can salvage those, but like you said i thinki will crack another batch of seeds
i was hoping to save those to run indoors but i really want to get some girls growing this summer
the lone surviving strain is banca jaque, but i also have an ibelisk and one called blueberry jarxazure rocket
i really want to check out the last one but they all sound so good!
another really cool think about afterthought is he sent me a nice pdf to read
it outlines best practices growing out his strains
i felt it was a nice tough and it would really help someone who was new to growing their own
thats awesome you got a few good rides in
we helped a friend move house this weekend so i was pretty sedentary after that
they are good friends
after we went to a mexican place and had this thing called fideo; its like mexian style chineese noodles
ive never had it before but i can tellyou me and the mrs are going back for sure
i might even try making it ourselves at home one of these days
hope you are hAving a great week f'nut ; summer is in full effect

Good afternoon pop.
My week is going well so far. I hope yours is too.
It was really hot and humid here tward the end of last week here. In fact, when it's hot here it's almost always humid too, we don't get the dry heat much. Last Saturday in the afternoon a front moved through from the north and it dropped the temp about 15 degrees in like 30 seconds and it's been much cooler ever since. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to be able to open the windows at all this summer after having the air conditioning on for a few days straight.
Unfortunately the storms in the northern part of the state were sever and damaged my moms cabin. Lots of trees down all over the property. We have come to the conclusion that since none of us use it enough she is probably going to sell it this fall. It's understandable but I'm going to miss that place. I do have a life time of memories from up there and those will always be there.
Keep us posted on the afterthought autos. I remember reading some great stuff from AB that he sent to me when I got my order of seeds. I had a lot of fun growing his hpgear out and would like to do another run of autos some day.
I got another nice mtn bike ride in this morning. A couple miles before the end of the ride I got passed by a woman that I've seen on those trails a few times before. I was just kind of taking it easy and peddling around but once she passed me I kicked it up and hung with her untill we got back to the parking lot. As we were loading our bikes up I asked her how she motivates herself to ride faster when she is riding alone. She said that she uses her bike computer and try's to beat her best time every time she comes out. She also said that she is motivated because she does a lot of racing and hates to loose. Now that I know that she is pretty serious and does a lot of racing I don't feel bad about getting passed and feel even better about being able to keep up with her once she passed me.
Mexican style Chinese noodles sound great. I love some pan fried noodles and I could see them going well with whatever I'd put in a burrito or something like that. I will check it out for sure and might get inspired to make it too.

rocker

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all have a way to get away from the heat, summer is really beginning to crank up, I have lost a few seedlings from not being as attentive as I should of because of it.

Fiddy your cobra lips are looking really nice, I am sure you will finish em up really well and have some nice nugs in the end. Glad your feeling better and healing up, I too lost some weight, started trying last fall and have lost about 15 lbs and gotten stronger. It feels great and I can do more of the things I like to do when I am being active easier. I haven't been biking but I've been in the water, surfing, paddle boarding a ton and even was able to do some water skiing over the fourth holiday, which is my happy place to be. One of the sacrifices has been all the great taco shops I love to visit, but it's worth it. I still have a taco Tuesday now and again with a buddy of mine, everything in moderation.

Hey POP, I too am running some Auto's I got from Afterthought, and AB was helpful to me as well, explained the strain genetics so I could choose wisely, plus a few freebies are always nice. So your an empty nester now, good for you. Our youngest just graduated college this past may, so we are now have launched all the kids, hope she gets a job soon, lol.

So below are the four female auto's I have going, from top right is Azure Rocket, top left is Panthera, bottom left is Gas and Guns, last to flower and biggest and thickest stems, bottom right is Gomer's Surprise, very wide branchy arms already, I think we are about 5-6 weeks along all popped late June 20-25ish.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sweet action rocker
about about how tall are your plants?
the lady in the lower-right corner is ahead of the other plants (at least looks like from the photo);but they all look really nice
15# is great ! keep it up my man
/and enjoy a few taco for me bruh

that sucks about the storms damaging your moms cabin
you guys are going to fix it first and then sell it or are you going to do an as is deal?
did she have insurance on the place?
like you said, you will always have those good times you spent at the cabin
so it will always be there brother in your memories
ill miss the moving of the dock you would post about every spring and fall but hey life goes on
that is so cool you got to meet a serious mtb biker on the trail! and was able to keep up
sounds like she kicks ass and i hope you get to ride with her again
the mrs would get competitive with the bike computer too when we would ride
/i bet this gal has some of the best strava times for that course
so how are you liking the big tires? sounds like you are really moving that bike around brother
keep kicking ass f'nut!

Fiddynut

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all have a way to get away from the heat, summer is really beginning to crank up, I have lost a few seedlings from not being as attentive as I should of because of it.

Fiddy your cobra lips are looking really nice, I am sure you will finish em up really well and have some nice nugs in the end. Glad your feeling better and healing up, I too lost some weight, started trying last fall and have lost about 15 lbs and gotten stronger. It feels great and I can do more of the things I like to do when I am being active easier. I haven't been biking but I've been in the water, surfing, paddle boarding a ton and even was able to do some water skiing over the fourth holiday, which is my happy place to be. One of the sacrifices has been all the great taco shops I love to visit, but it's worth it. I still have a taco Tuesday now and again with a buddy of mine, everything in moderation.

Hey POP, I too am running some Auto's I got from Afterthought, and AB was helpful to me as well, explained the strain genetics so I could choose wisely, plus a few freebies are always nice. So your an empty nester now, good for you. Our youngest just graduated college this past may, so we are now have launched all the kids, hope she gets a job soon, lol.

So below are the four female auto's I have going, from top right is Azure Rocket, top left is Panthera, bottom left is Gas and Guns, last to flower and biggest and thickest stems, bottom right is Gomer's Surprise, very wide branchy arms already, I think we are about 5-6 weeks along all popped late June 20-25ish. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80817&pictureid=1962778&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Good afternoon rocker.
Thanks man! Your plants are looking great as well. Do you start the seeds in those peat pots? I thought about trying the peat pots but wasn't sure if they would let the roots expand fast enough.
I'm glad you have more energy, feel stronger and have lost a little weight. I let myself go for too many years and just wasn't happy not being able to do the things I use to like biking, wakeboarding and the like. I'm so much happier now that I can get out and do those things. I do sometimes struggle with my diet but I'm active enough that I can get away with quite a bit. When I was loosing the weight I was pretty strict for a while with the diet, keeping it low carb, and after a coup,e weeks I didn't get as many cravings for sweet and starchy foods. Don't deprive yourself of the tacos just eat them a little less often.
Funny you mention waterskiing because I use to do that a lot when I was a kid. We would go up north and I'd ski untill we were either out of gas in the boat or everyone was sick of driving for me. I'd love to get a boat and get back on skis or even the wakeboard.

Fiddynut

sweet action rocker
the lady in the lower-right corner is ahead of the other plants (at least looks like from the photo);but they all look really nice

that sucks about the storms damaging your moms cabin
you guys are going to fix it first and then sell it or are you going to do an as is deal?
did she have insurance on the place?
like you said, you will always have those good times you spent at the cabin
so it will always be there brother in your memories
ill miss the moving of the dock you would post about every spring and fall but hey life goes on
that is so cool you got to meet a serious mtb biker on the trail! and was able to keep up
sounds like she kicks ass and i hope you get to ride with her again
the mrs would get competitive with the bike computer too when we would ride
/i bet this gal has some of the best strava times for that course
so how are you liking the big tires? sounds like you are really moving that bike around brother
keep kicking ass f'nut!

Good afternoon pop.
Yep the storms ware some scary shit man. My mom was up at the cabin and they had no warning or anywhere to go to get away. The trees started comming down and all they could do was get to the center of the cabin and hope for the best. Trees came down on the power lines going to the cabin and on the shop. Power was out all over for days. Everything in town was closed because there was no power as well. Most of the roads were blocked with downed trees and people were trapped. They took a boat ride around the lake and saw a bunch of piers and boat lifts on their side and flipped over. Boats sunk and drifting free. In the 50 years my family has been going up there we've never seen anything like this.
My mom already had an accepted offer on the cabin so I'm not sure how this is going to work with the damages. She does have homeowners insurance but you never want to make a claim if you can help it.
I'm pretty sure I'll have to go up and help clean up the property. I had been hoping that I could avoid the "one last trip" and the moping around I'd be doing and just have my memories of the place.
I think your right that the lady mountain biker is a pretty serious rider. She has a really nice full suspension bike with number plates and everything. I've seen her a number of times in the mornings and it wouldn't surprise me if I start seeing more of her. Maybe she can teach me a thing or two.
I'm loving my bike and the 2.80 tires.
I can't wait to get a ride in tomorrow morning before work!
You keep kicking ass too! Any plans of the weekend?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks fiddy & pop! That sucks on the autos pop, I haven't had any rodent problems but there must be something you can sprinkle around the plants to deal with them. My outdoor spot is on a friend's land, I'm basically acting as caretaker. The reason they are so close is because the soil up here is basically cement :( We broke it up with a back hoe the first week, but it's ridiculously difficult to break up so most of the plants went in where the backhoe had already tore up. Only 8 of those are weed plants, there are 4 alliums and then the rest of the green all grew back up from where we tore the forest floor up. The surrounding areas are covered in a thick moss, so not a ton of undergrowth. Hope ya'll have a great weekend and hf with the bikes!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i see why you plants them so close together now, agentP
maybe you can start leaning them outward so they dont create such a crowded canopy later
think lst on a much larger scale
a lot of the neighbors have plam trees and a friend identifid the rodenst as palm rats
we also have chickens so they are attracted to our yard by the food we put out for our flock
ive used #3 steel wool around the base of plants when i used to grow in the "jungle" but i dident think of doing that this time
i still have my two babies and hopefully they will come through

wow man, i had no idea your mom was at the cabin when the storms hit man
i bet she was scared and im glad everyone is all right
it would suck being without power for so long, but mrsChicky tells me stories about growing up in the NE and how you kind of prepare for those times
/ a stash of food and some basics
the more you guys can do on your own the better
i understand how its going to be bitter sweet in some ways going to the cabin knowing it could be the last time you are there
maybe there is something small you could take as a momento, you know somethign to rememebr the place byt
but you will always have your memories and it sounds lke you have some good ones
nothing will every take those away brother

Fiddynut

i see why you plants them so close together now, agentP
maybe you can start leaning them outward so they dont create such a crowded canopy later
think lst on a much larger scale
a lot of the neighbors have plam trees and a friend identifid the rodenst as palm rats
we also have chickens so they are attracted to our yard by the food we put out for our flock
ive used #3 steel wool around the base of plants when i used to grow in the "jungle" but i dident think of doing that this time
i still have my two babies and hopefully they will come through

wow man, i had no idea your mom was at the cabin when the storms hit man
i bet she was scared and im glad everyone is all right
it would suck being without power for so long, but mrsChicky tells me stories about growing up in the NE and how you kind of prepare for those times
/ a stash of food and some basics
the more you guys can do on your own the better
i understand how its going to be bitter sweet in some ways going to the cabin knowing it could be the last time you are there
maybe there is something small you could take as a momento, you know somethign to rememebr the place byt
but you will always have your memories and it sounds lke you have some good ones
nothing will every take those away brother

Good afternoon pop.
It's probably best that she was at the cabin. Anyone who wasn't up there still lost power and are going to have a hell of a mess to clean up when they do came up, especially a refrigerator full of food that didn't have electricity for 4-5 days. She had her husband, his daughter and her husband and their two kids were all there to keep each other company. I bet they played a lot of card games.
It looks like I have to go up one more time to help them load up what they are bring home with them. Looks like I'll head up next weekend and bring a trailer to bring stuff back. Most of the stuff up there is staying but my mom wants a few things. I need to bring my paddle board back.
And the other good news is that she is giving my bro and I the pontoon boat so we are going to have a boat down here in town to use. It's not the same as being up there but it will be nice to be able to get on the water when we want.
I seem to remember more power outages when I was younger. We get plenty of thunder storms and such and, as a kid, I remember always having candles and water and canned food for when the power would go out. Now when it does go out they seem to get it back up and running a lot quicker too.
I've got a coup,e things from the cabin to the place by and I'll grab a coup,e things when I go up next weekend. But mostly my memories and all the pictures we have of us having a great time there are the most important. You are right, nothing can take those away.
I hope your week is ending on a high note and your upcoming weekend kicks ass!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope you had a great week brother
im heading over to my friends house tonight with a big bag of dirt and a couple young plants
im sprouting a few more seeds but those wont be ready until next weekend
the young plants look nice tho and im hoping they thrive in the full sunlight
that is rad you are getting to keep the pontoon boat
i used to want to get a boat but a friend who owned one talked me out of it
he has one moored in the bay year round and he says it is a money pit
his wife dosent work so she is always down on the water working on this or that and it still costs him a ton for something he only really gets to enjoy a few times a year
/the two best times in a boat owners life is the day he first gets his boat and the day he sells his boat my friend would say
it is lucky she was there i guess, and im glad she had some good company with her to help out and keep her company
growing up we dident have a tv so i remember a lot of fun nights playing board games or cards
hope you had a great week too my friend and i hope your weekend is even better!

Fiddynut

hope you had a great week brother
im heading over to my friends house tonight with a big bag of dirt and a couple young plants
im sprouting a few more seeds but those wont be ready until next weekend
the young plants look nice tho and im hoping they thrive in the full sunlight
that is rad you are getting to keep the pontoon boat
i used to want to get a boat but a friend who owned one talked me out of it
he has one moored in the bay year round and he says it is a money pit
his wife dosent work so she is always down on the water working on this or that and it still costs him a ton for something he only really gets to enjoy a few times a year
/the two best times in a boat owners life is the day he first gets his boat and the day he sells his boat my friend would say
it is lucky she was there i guess, and im glad she had some good company with her to help out and keep her company
growing up we dident have a tv so i remember a lot of fun nights playing board games or cards
hope you had a great week too my friend and i hope your weekend is even better!

Good afternoon pop.
I hope you had a great weekend brother! How did the planting go? Is this the same buddy who has had the plants last year? Would love to see some pics when you get some. I'm sure they are loving the nice full SoCal sun.
My bro and I are stoked to be getting the boat. One of my favorite things to do is be out on the water swimming, listening to music and having a few cold ones. The boat is going to be kept at my bros house and he has a launch on the lake just a couple blocks from his house.
Your buddy is right about boat ownership, it's a bit of work and can be expensive, especially here where the season is short. But we've already been taking care of the boat anyway and will use it a lot more now that it's down here. It's just so nice to be able to get out there on the hot days, and even a fall cruise when it's a little cool and the leaves are changing color.
Looks like I'm going up next weekend to finish clean up from the storm. We never got much tv up north at the cabin and we always played
card or board games when it would rain or we just wanted a break from being outside.
I hope your week is off to a great start!

rocker

sweet action rocker

Hi Pop,

The plants are maybe 12" tall, but the Gas and Guns has not begun to flower and is a bit taller with thicker stems, the one you mentioned is Gomers Surprise, a freebee sample, it branches got real wide right away, very excited for the surprise to finish, :). Total bummer about the rodents munching down your Auto's, Fn rats I bet hey chew everything.

Hi Fiddy - WOW just read up on the storm, scary stuff, but glad everyone is ok because that is the important thing. I can imagine how sad it is to say good bye to the cabin, the cottage I was at over the fourth has been in my wife's family for about 40 years, and her and all her cousins have been going to this lake their whole lives, it is a wonderful thing and I am sure your memories are similar. Silver lining is you are getting the boat, those are very cool to cruise around in, yes bots are money pits but being on the water is very nice.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope everyone is starting their week off right

its very interesting to me to watch how the autos grow out and i will be sure to follow along with your adventure rocker
there might be a place for autoflower plants in every growers garden one of these days and its interesting to see how much some plants vary as far as growth habit, potency, yeild and time goes

thats rad you guys are keeping the boat and im sure you and your brother are going to continue the fun on the water
thats cool your bother lives close to the water so you guys can easily trailer the boat down to the lake
that sounds like it would be so rad to hop on and cruise out to the middle of the lake, then spend the day swiming and listening to good music
so me and the mrs went to a new chineese place for lunch to other day
i was craving noodles but when we got there i saw one of the options was to get the chow mein noodles fried and covered in gravy!

oh man! this was so good
the noodles under the toppings was nice and soft from the gravy but the ones on the sides were all warm and crispy
im definitely going to go back to this place again
hope you are having a great monday brother
/give eggo a good pat for me when you get a chance

Latest posts

Latest posts