What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
pain killer poor germ rates?
Out of 10 seeds, 0% sprouted and only barely showed a tail

I know my methods were as usual and with fresh water and everything. Germination was done by placing seeds in folded moist paper towel in a zippy and placing it on top of warm soil.

I'm mostly disappointed as I've had stellar results with med man gear in the past and have even been a tester for the RKS lines I hope something good comes from my others for the new year!!

has anyone else had this happen or did I just have bad luck?

50State

I hope that's not the case because I just bought some of those in October. It is the Purple Pain Killer you're talking about correct ?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had excellent results with Med-Man BBCC, but have not tried this strain. However...

Last grow with several older seed strains to me I had a very poor success which caused me to reevaluate my germing technique

I tried coco coir in 3" net pots with coco liners. 100% success

Since then I found seed starter kits at Lowes/HD with coco, which could be even better as they use less coco.

Since my method is hydro, the less coco the better, but it seems to have its' place for germing and clones

View attachment 346019 View attachment 346020 View attachment 346021

FYI, I suggest forgoing the paper towel- root hairs can quickly spread into it so that when you remove the sprout you are ripping away valuable root hairs. Drop them in water in a dark cabinet for 24 hours then into the coco whether the tap root is showing or not

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
I hope that's not the case because I just bought some of those in October. It is the Purple Pain Killer you're talking about correct ?

yeah, check them out

yeah, I try to start a few in soil after soaking, and a few in paper towels etc... variance helps. IDK maybe they went wayside with the temps in the mail truck or something unfortunately.

Purchased a 13 pack, late 2015, directly from Med-Man's website.

August 7th, 2016 I sowed all 13 in 2" soil blocks(sterilized peat, 10% worm castings), all germinated and thriving in 48 hrs.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pain killer poor germ rates?
Out of 10 seeds, 0% sprouted and only barely showed a tail

I know my methods were as usual and with fresh water and everything. Germination was done by placing seeds in folded moist paper towel in a zippy and placing it on top of warm soil.

I'm mostly disappointed as I've had stellar results with med man gear in the past and have even been a tester for the RKS lines I hope something good comes from my others for the new year!!

has anyone else had this happen or did I just have bad luck?
Hey buddy

Sorry for the late response / missing this one.

I'm also sorry about your experience.

If you are still on icmag holler at me. I will make sure you are happy 😊 😃

Latest posts

Latest posts