What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

boredinmemind

hey guys, so me and the fiance are going to be taking a trip to MA soon and i was curious the status of your rec legal? are we gona be able to go to a "candy store" or do we have to try to find a guy while were there? i couldnt find a definitive answer when it was supposed to start.

I know of a very reliable mobile delivery service. If your looking for indoor, edibles and vape cartridges they have them available for a fair price

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Some fire oil not made by me. sunset sherbet on top and legend og on the bottom both potent and a great day to fuck up your morning and not get shit done. :)

picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Raspy, good to see you around these parts again. Slow time over here but gearing up for a nice fall and winter.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Raspy, good to see you around these parts again. Slow time over here but gearing up for a nice fall and winter.

It's good to be back, amigo.

I'm in a similar boat, gearing up for the fall and winter. Got the itch to pop seeds so I'm going to start working through my stash and hopefully find some keepers.

Here's what I'm starting with...
dFYlc5r.png

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The caterpillars were outa control this year! Im not ever gonna grow outdoors in Mass again without cheesecloth covering everything. Even the hanging buds have escapees on a string I have to kill twice a day.Their so small its like an eyelash on a string. Some are abit bigger, but still very tiny. After about 3 days of hang drying, they make their move to get outa the buds. They will hatch at dif times so its been an endless wave of cats'. It makes it hard to get a handle on them.
We did get a decent harvest from this garden and only lost about 10% to rot from the cats' poop. Not bad concidering just how many there were. We checked through the buds twice a day, sometimes 3x.

I didn't do any outdoor for that very reason. I'm in rural mass and the caterpillars wiped out 50% of our trees. At night time when it was perfectly quiet, you could hear the sound of the chewing and their poop hitting the ground.....almost sounded like a lite rain.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I hear that Smug!
I had to drop my indoor prices to the point its hardly even worth it. Next year Im going BIG outdoors with Blue Dream, DieselFire x AOG, GG#4, (LVRK x BLR) x AOG, and SLG...............just so I can compete.
I bet the Cali and Colorado growers who ship it here by the truckload will have a hard time getting people to buy their product this year since theres already a ton of local outdoor here for super cheap.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I personally cant stand outdoor. Pest Sprays, bugs, caterpillars, it all gets into the flowers, and to me, outdoor is just dirty weed. You never know what the hell your smoking.
I prefer indoor anyday.

Stinkhorn123

Wow, I love outdoor and in almost 30 years of growing my own I've had to spray my indoor for pest more than my outdoor. My 3 most memorable smokes over the years have all been outdoor grown, sadly none of it was my own or grown in Ma.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Still have 5x big GG4's outdoors finishing off, for as long as we can go, before nature puts up the stop sign. Its gonna pour today with thunder and wind. I was at the site at 7:40 a.m putting trellis on the last plant thats the biggest and best. The rain had all the branches just about snapping off. 2 actually snapped, so I cut them and are hang drying now.
We didnt trelli the tops of the plants and they were leaning hard, so I Macgyver'd up some string and tied up the tops real good so they didnt snap from the rain weight.
It was pouring hard and we got soaked from head to toe. LOL!

Cant wait to have some nice outdoor GG4 to puff on. This garden didnt get sprayed with anything so it will be some tasty buds. Weve been flushing the living hell outa them. Harvesting on the 15th........... if we can let them go that far. They're just now swelling.

Scrappy-doo

You guys with all the cat problems, you have issue with bt sprays? This season is the first time I've used it, been spraying the ones I got here every week, not a 'pillar in site. Supposed to not leave a trace of anything but if none you are using it I gotta wonder.

Back at my old place in the swamp it's set and forget. Only bugs that bother me there are those little pill bugs that end up dead all up in my buds, but they don't eat or damage anything and tbh I really have no idea why they even go up there, but I just pick them out. No caterpillars, no other bugs. Love that spot. Haven't been there since June when I brought my plants out there and not sure what to expect but without any support stakes I'll be happy if I pull anything outta there this season. My only concern is driving back 2 hrs thru unfriendly territory with a car full of fresh cut buds.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Still have 5x big GG4's outdoors finishing off, for as long as we can go, before nature puts up the stop sign. Its gonna pour today with thunder and wind. I was at the site at 7:40 a.m putting trellis on the last plant thats the biggest and best. The rain had all the branches just about snapping off. 2 actually snapped, so I cut them and are hang drying now.
We didnt trelli the tops of the plants and they were leaning hard, so I Macgyver'd up some string and tied up the tops real good so they didnt snap from the rain weight.
It was pouring hard and we got soaked from head to toe. LOL!

Cant wait to have some nice outdoor GG4 to puff on. This garden didnt get sprayed with anything so it will be some tasty buds. Weve been flushing the living hell outa them. Harvesting on the 15th........... if we can let them go that far. They're just now swelling.

I've left plants out until Nov. 1st, and I'm a lot further north than you guys are. Granted they went thru 3 hard frosts, but they didn't die. By the end, they were so purple they looked black.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
anyone entering the harvest cup? looks legit so far. anyone even hear of it yet?

https://theharvestcup.org/

looks like they are trying to replicate the Emerald cup in Mass.
they have big sponsors but the advertising is poor, I just spotted it today.

entries are due oct31 dropped off at ProVerde labs.

2oz of flower + $150 entry fee.

booths start at $800

Latest posts

Latest posts