What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

Stardog

This Sour D is what started my whole outdoor thing this year. I'd thrown it onto my compost pile way back in late May and didn't think much about it until I noticed it was starting to take off in the pile of root balls. It had been a mom for a long time so it has some crazy looking flowers starting up this last week.
I really lost interest in growing back in June and more or less shut everything down aside from what mothers I had around. Seems like all I was doing wasn't going as well as usual etc etc.
picture.php

Stardog

Another plant was given to me that I have yet to finish any of but I have 2 outside and a bunch inside on hold. "Mandarin Cookie's".
picture.php

Eli Bloom

Not doing outdoor this year as hedgehogs took most of my plants last summer and it isn't worth drawing neighbor's attention when i got it banging inside, but here's what i have in flower right now: 2 tables, each under 2 315 CMH's and 2 600w vertical bare bulbs between the tables. One table is a monocrop of the topanga canyon pure kush and the other table is a monocrop of the old school trinity (cut verified by nspecta - the real thing). tables are staggered by about 3-4 weeks.

Topanga:
picture.php

picture.php

Trinity:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stardog

That Capital G cut I had in veg for months and she stayed real short along with another one labeled "Lazy Lightning". When I brought the Capital G up to my flower rooms she just started to go downhill fast and I finally just threw her outside expecting her to die. The tips were curled up, most of the leaves were yellow or falling off but after 24 hours outside she turned around very quickly so I realized something was wrong in my regular shop.
The only thing I could think of was that my ozone generator upstairs was backing down into my rooms instead of blowing out the vent. I turned the thing off and everything changed from bad to great. It's been up there running for 4+ years with no issues. Now everything's back on track but it's the first time I haven't had fresh flowers around in a long time.
This was some of the Lazy Lightning. I wish I'd kept a clone because it was an excellent plant but things were getting confusing around here and I just forgot.
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
That Capital G cut I had in veg for months and she stayed real short along with another one labeled "Lazy Lightning". When I brought the Capital G up to my flower rooms she just started to go downhill fast and I finally just threw her outside expecting her to die. The tips were curled up, most of the leaves were yellow or falling off but after 24 hours outside she turned around very quickly so I realized something was wrong in my regular shop.
The only thing I could think of was that my ozone generator upstairs was backing down into my rooms instead of blowing out the vent. I turned the thing off and everything changed from bad to great. It's been up there running for 4+ years with no issues. Now everything's back on track but it's the first time I haven't had fresh flowers around in a long time.
This was some of the Lazy Lightning. I wish I'd kept a clone because it was an excellent plant but things were getting confusing around here and I just forgot.
View Image

I'm pretty sure ozone is bad for people too. So that was prolly a real good thing you figured that out. Reminds me of when a c02 genny controller I had shit the bed. Plants were fucked for a good two weeks before I figured it out.

Stardog

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I closed up back in June and spent a few weeks in there cleaning up but I didn't notice anything different but I think a squirrel broke into the roof/attic vent and pushed the vent duct around. I had the 8" duct tied to the vent and he just chomped through it and sent it back down into the shop. The only reason I had that up there was that the big scrubber I have wasn't killing the sour d smell but adding the inline ozone gen worked. Now I'm just not going to care anymore...:)

Americangrower

Veteran
View Image

If its the lazy lightning I'm thinking of that was Bodhi seeds Loompa underdog/headband x NDN's 88 G13HP.. killa stuff for sure. Hope you took cuts off Cap G.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
nah that’s the lazy lightning cut megaraw and meltingpot selected from phillthy’s cross of chemsour x sscdh he put out under the stankbros label. serious power. “peels yer wig and puts you to bed” as melty put it.

great plant. bummer to lose her.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
This rain is absolutely terrible. I can see a day or 2 of rain. But this season, when it rains, its for an entire week.
The majority of my grow is the (untested outdoors) Hammers Kush, that is extremely prone to bud rot, late flower, in "high humidity" conditions.
The flowers on the HK are big and SUPER DENSE....But, Ive heard that cookie strains do pretty good outside in the cold and rain, from a few experienced growers in this area. Also heard cookie strains do terrible in wet conditions, so.... :dunno:
the only thing Ive been advised to do is to lightly mist the plants with Potassium Bicarbonate. 1 teaspoon per gallon.

I cant remember a wetter season than this. Totally crushing my spirit. Leaf spot is breaking out along the coast and destroying most everybodies crops. Leaf spot is really trying to break out at my grow and ANOTHER full week of rain at week 5 flower is not gonna help 1 bit. :fsu:

Stardog

I have one plant with some leaf spot but it isn't that bad, it's been the windy/rainy days causing most of my troubles. The rest of the plants look pretty good but they aren't nearly as thick and full as ^^ yours are. My Sour Nevils is almost 10' tall but a good bit behind the others. The other day it was about 82, 100% humidity and lightly raining and blowing 30 knots. Thought last year was so bad I was glad I hadn't put any out but this year isn't looking much better. On the bright side though some of the plants are doing pretty well, esp the OGBK 2.0 and the Mandarin Cookies. Nothing spectacular but they smell great and so far no PM.
Maybe the weather will turn around and be sunny and dry for 8 weeks straight! I had lowered expectations so anything that comes of it I'm alright with but I still spent a whole lot of time watering and tying etc. Best of luck to anybody running outdoor, let's hope things turn around.:tiphat:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I have one plant with some leaf spot but it isn't that bad, it's been the windy/rainy days causing most of my troubles. The rest of the plants look pretty good but they aren't nearly as thick and full as ^^ yours are. My Sour Nevils is almost 10' tall but a good bit behind the others. The other day it was about 82, 100% humidity and lightly raining and blowing 30 knots. Thought last year was so bad I was glad I hadn't put any out but this year isn't looking much better. On the bright side though some of the plants are doing pretty well, esp the OGBK 2.0 and the Mandarin Cookies. Nothing spectacular but they smell great and so far no PM.
Maybe the weather will turn around and be sunny and dry for 8 weeks straight! I had lowered expectations so anything that comes of it I'm alright with but I still spent a whole lot of time watering and tying etc. Best of luck to anybody running outdoor, let's hope things turn around.

I'll trade you high winds for flooding, OK?

flood #3 just happened here, not as bad as the 1st two, only 5 plants got knock over but many were in standing/moving water for a day.
I had to risk my life crossing a raging stream that I can jump usually.

flood #2 knocked everything on it's side or worse turned the pots upside down, I lost some plants down the stream and many of the plants that survived lost their tags.
the ones that could stand up when I got back there looked like this after #2.
the water was full of silt.
picture.php

the day before this last one I mixed 10 cu feet of soil on a tarp where the water is flowing,
up potted 20-ish late seed start plants and luckily parked them in a spot that stayed above water.
picture.php

There's a nice low area where I had it filled up with plants in the full sun but hidden from view.
picture.php

here's a picture of it while I paused to let my hernia relax from carrying plants out of the water...
picture.php

the last of my seed starts almost got carried away but I rescued them.
picture.php

feels more like Guerrilla war than Guerrilla grow this year, yo!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
my hats off to you outdoor guys I've never had much memorable success when trying. One of these years I'll build a small greenhouse for just a couple big girls until then I'm all indoor.

got gg4 playing nice in the RDWC system, took me a while to get the hang of this hydro thing but think I'm starting to become more consistent. First time using DE lights and having 12' ceilings, never had more then 8'. They say these DE lights can put of more weight then the single end, I'm old school and didn't want to switch but finally gave in.

picture.php

Other room is coco filled with Corey and another stardawg ix I found from seed. Gonna try and set up a auto feed so I don't have to hand feed so much anymore. Got a 330 food grade sap tank for a rez and picked up some manifolds. Any suggestions on multiple feeds a day and nutrients that will last 6-9 days in a rez are welcome

picture.php