What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
OG,

Try Ace seeds next time. My orient express have had zero issues, and the buds colas are slowly becoming baseball bats right now. Granted near full maturity, there might be some bud rot, but nearly 5 weeks in of flowering so far this is first strains to give me zero issues outdoors in MA climate with regards to rot and mildew.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am happy with my genetics as they have a very heavy and long lasting effect for the most part. Cola size doesn't mean a whole lot to me as I am in it for the medicating properties of a heavy stone. While your orient express looks lovely it also looks to lean very sativa? I stick to heavy indica`s as this is what has helped me with pain the most. This time last year I had already lost a lot to boytrytis, caterpillars, and was fighting and lost the battle against PM. I am definitely happier this year and when I build my hybrid greemhouse next year I should be good to go.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am happy with my genetics as they have a very heavy and long lasting effect for the most part. Cola size doesn't mean a whole lot to me as I am in it for the medicating properties of a heavy stone. While your orient express looks lovely it also looks to lean very sativa? I stick to heavy indica`s as this is what has helped me with pain the most. This time last year I had already lost a lot to boytrytis, caterpillars, and was fighting and lost the battle against PM. I am definitely happier this year and when I build my hybrid greemhouse next year I should be good to go.

No problem. If you find a smoke that does the trick, its smart to stick with a good thing. The orient express is def. sativa leaning, though the effects have indica influence. There is a 100% Indica strain I am going to try and grow next summer.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Anyone doing defoliation yet? I've got a mix of 8-10 week strains and thinking that the 8s could start loosing some of the bulk.

Scout Breath.
picture.php

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I harvested the top colas on one plant last night.
I've been chasing spots of mold on it for the last week and the forecast is rain rain rain with some sun mixed in and cool nights for the next few days.
Perfect mold conditions.
The other plants got a good soaking of potassium bicarbonate with a few drops of Dr. Bonners mixed in.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Only lost a couple more buds to boytrytis but with this hurricane coming tomorrow i expect to lose more. Hopefully don't lose too much got about 3 weeks before I start harvesting.

We've lost a few buds to botrytis. About 7 grams worth so far at week 5 flower. The Hammers Kush is Cherry Cookies x C-Banana s1 and is prone to budrot in high humidity conditions. With this cold rain, Im expecting major loses. Im sure the Blue Dreams will do ok. The 8 HK's are 99% gonna be a problem.... big time.
The rot was starting on the tip tops of the buds. Not a good sign for the next 3 weeks!! Ill be out there with a leaf blower drying them out as soon as the rain stops. :covereyes::lightning::cuss: :wallbash:

If rot starts breaking out randomly all over.........Ill harvest in 2 weeks, save all I can, and make concentrates with these terp monsters.
The HK gotta make award winning snaps.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
We've lost a few buds to botrytis. About 7 grams worth so far at week 5 flower. The Hammers Kush is Cherry Cookies x C-Banana s1 and is prone to budrot in high humidity conditions. With this cold rain, Im expecting major loses. Im sure the Blue Dreams will do ok. The 8 HK's are 99% gonna be a problem.... big time.
The rot was starting on the tip tops of the buds. Not a good sign for the next 3 weeks!! Ill be out there with a leaf blower drying them out as soon as the rain stops. :covereyes::lightning::cuss: :wallbash:

If rot starts breaking out randomly all over.........Ill harvest in 2 weeks, save all I can, and make concentrates with these terp monsters.
The HK gotta make award winning snaps.

Yeah i am thinking the same. Honestly haven't even clipped 8 grams yet really been about a bud a day mostly back couple plants. I have been watching closely and cleaning the plants out of debris and yellow leaves at least once a day now. The front corner scout breath looks amazing for the weather we had but dont know how long that will last. I got some trees that dump shit so gotta constantly stay on top of cleaning which I wasn't as diligent with last year. Good luck all :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
HK looks bullet proof here. Just going to let it run.

I'm more worried about getting robbed than anything else. Time for the advanced security options.

NENugger

Hope everyone's plants are surviving the big rains here in Ma.
My biggest budded plant is bent over with the weight of water but no breaks. Will tie up soon.
picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Just about to get whacked by it here on the Cape. Severe thunderstorm warning and winds gusting to 60.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just about to get whacked by it here on the Cape. Severe thunderstorm warning and winds gusting to 60.
GL Zeez! Had rain from about 4 am last night to about 10 am this morning. We luckily didn't have that insane wind gusts though. Hope everybody on the cape's plants are OK.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Oh man, We just got blasted.

No damage. Maybe washed a couple caterpillars down the drain. I got one stem the broke in the last one. Duck taped it and it's still good.

I did a quick inspection of the Orient Express. I gave it a quick shake. Did a scan and found one bud turning a bit brown. Snipped it off as well as some fan leaves that were browning.

I did trip off two more branches, since the weight of the buds is dropping the branches into each other, and I don't want too many buds touching.

Overall looking good. Will give it an examination tomorrow afternoon to see if this storm had any lingering impacts.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Just finished blowing the plants off a bit with the back pack blower. The buds seem to like all the rain because they are seriously starting to swell so much that it is noticeable from day to day. Its too bad the boytrytis also likes the rain :cry: Really hoping things dry out for a few weeks :peacock:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
We've been noticing the same thing, We can see the buds getting bigger each day.

I like big buds. :biggrin: