What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Curious what you guys are thinking for harvest dates.

I am trying to start harvest the 3rd week of Oct and finish by the first week of November. Where I dry can only handle about half my garden at a time so after the first round is dry enough to buck the buds the second round gets hung. This is my plan but weather will definitely play a big factor. I will get pics up later this week but buds are swelling and smell lovely :woohoo: now just gotta prey for no mold:prettyplease:

Been cool and wet this week. Not too much sun in the forecast. Only 3 weeks into bloom so not much bud at this point, but keep an eye out for budrot and mildew. Wouldnt be surprised if I have to hack off some buds this weekend.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The 8x Hammers Kush Im growing outdoors is very suceptible to budrot-mildew. Im so nervous right now......... Ill probably have to harvest around Oct 5th. week 8

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Just finished giving everything a heavy Actinovate spray.
Had to harvest a Blue Cookies x SFV before the mold really took hold of it.
This weather is mold heaven. Hot, humid, cool, rain, repeat.
On top of that the late blight /black spot is all over everything .
Living here on the coast makes it hard to finish anything outside.
Several friends of mine have basically given up anything outdoors.
It's really discouraging losing plants right at the end of the season to this coastal weather year after year.

NENugger

Totally agree Capt. Where is the sun. I went out and shook off the water from my plants but it was probably a futile gesture for my state of mind rather than helping the plants at all. :yoinks:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Aint no sunshine... I'm almost tempted to bring some inside to finish and put them under the lights. Freakin mold destroyed me last year. Here on the Cape we get the fog on top of all the other crap weather this time of year. Trouble is, most of them are too huge to get indoors. GG flowers are pretty big already.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm just wondering how many years of legal growing will pass before we see Mass growers discover that you can protect your outdoor
with a thin layer of plastic that shields your 12 legal plants from the elements, or to even try a light dep
so you are harvesting in summer before the weather turns to shit???

$200 DIY Greenhouse

my dream legal outdoor would have a greenhouse that you could pull over the plants every night and leave in place during bad weather days with supplemental lighting.

check out the first minute of this video and imagine weed plants instead of furniture.

[YOUTUBEIF]MZbOR4s2Jms[/YOUTUBEIF]

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:yeahthats My plants are on a friend's land so I can't really go gung ho with the hoop house I want, but I'm hoping I can convince them next year or the year after :)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Maybe next year. Cheap and easy.

picture.php

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Next Year?? what about saving the pounds that are just about ready??

this is cheap and easy, and strong if you live in hurricane land.

diy-emt-tent-frame-inspirational-bolt-to-her-overhead-racks-for-trailers-of-diy-emt-tent-frame.jpg

https://www.a1tarps.com/canopy-fittings.html
https://www.angelfire.com/biz/shadecanopies/pipefittings.html

simple cheap parts and some EMT pipe and plastic sheeting from a box store and you can put together something like this for the price of an ounce of weed.

problem solved, easy to take apart and takes up no storage space until next year when you need it again.

IMG_145640.jpg

they make many different fittings and you can build make different configurations.

this stuff is really sturdy and great support for trellis netting.

12' x 20' $129 at tractor supply. who can't put up a tent over their weed for the next 6 weeks in Mass, really???
picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I had one of those end up in a tree. My brother did even better, it flew over a garage and ended up on the neighbors roof. Freakin hilarious. For anyone going that route, I would recommend burying several cinder blocks with the anchor cables. Maybe even a bag of quickcrete too.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I have to pretty much remodel my whole backyard to fix my patio and pool area hopefully next spring. At this point I will be putting in some sort of big greenhouse like structure that I can cover as needed. What gets me is that these are weeds that grow outside naturally yet the weather is molding them. So far I have been fortunate and will be hopeful that the plants will resist the mold till harvest. If not I guess we will be in hyper mode getting the flowering rooms going. Thankfully I have stock this year :woohoo: good luck everyone :peacock::comfort:

redlaser

Veteran
There are solar powered fans if you don’t want to run electric to the site. Probably not cheap but an option. Ideally you would have two layers of plastic inflated and a heater for nights as well. Anything to help prevent the temps from ranging too high and low.

When you dip into the sixtys at night with 80%+ humidity, you are now culturing botrytis populations and other crap in your grow. Once in contact with dead plant material there will be an outbreak.

An outdoor grower I know put up a 10 x 20 roof, clear poly over the top. It has no sides at all. Some of his plants are grown under this overhang, and have substantially less botrytis outbreaks. Keeping that overnight moisture/ inversion layer off is key it seems.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
We get fog thick enough to cut with a knife.
You can watch it flow through the window screens.
The screens and everything else drip with water as soon as it cools down at night.
In the morning everything is soaked. The decks, trees, everything is dripping , looking like it just rained.
A simple cover will not prevent moisture/dew from settling on the plants.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Had to cut a few branches of the platinum huklberry cookies, damn boytrytis. Hopping this weather changes as now its a race against molds at this point. Just moved all of my veg stock into my flower room to get them under stronger light. They are big and I am just trying to maximize clones at this point then I might just flower the mothers as I have to weave them into my net anyways. At least this year there is a backup plan even though it sucks:comfort: Good luck out there and hope we harvest something :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts