What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

NENugger

Sorry to see the havoc wreaked on our beloved plants by the weather and insects. Checked on my grow this morning, especially worried about the biggest cola I have. Closely inspected and found no mold so far.
picture.php

One plant had a few small spots of whiteness which I assume is powdery mildew. removed those leaves.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
The best part about doing work in the garden this time of year is the way you smell for the rest of the day :biggrin:

NENugger

Who can't cover their weed for the next 6 weeks you say.....

View Image

Hellgrammite00 that made me chuckle. :biggrin: I think you would need a 2 story greenhouse. Your soil must be worked from years of gardening. That plant is amazing. Is that the Bangi or Orient Express?

I'm in awe of the size for Ma.:headbange:jawdrop:

CrushnYuba

I put a greenhouse together for my mom in New England. It's an auto light dep. You really only get 1 good round in new England. Cost less then 500$.

It's real small. 12ft x 16f x 8. Basic 12ft wide steel hoops. There is lightweight agribon fabric on the sidewalls so when the plastic sidewalls are rolled up, There is a breathable insect barrier. You also can't see through it, and it protects against summer rains.

Hellgrammite00 that made me chuckle. :biggrin: I think you would need a 2 story greenhouse. Your soil must be worked from years of gardening. That plant is amazing. Is that the Bangi or Orient Express?

I'm in awe of the size for Ma.:headbange:jawdrop:
Thank you. The soil has many years of gardening in it, plus I make my own compost.

The giant plants are the Orient Express (there are remanents to the side of it of a lighter green Bangi haze). The Bangi Haze i had to basically rip up and throw away since the genetics had weak branches and the plants got sick outdoors.

Below are pictures of the nitrogen beast Orient Express. No signs of powder mold or bud rot. A decent amount of fan leaves I had to remove as they browned up, but overall the plant looks healthy. I had to cut off a number of branches that broke, or were compress as the plant leaned against the greenhouse, but as you can see, still dozens of branches with multiple bud sights.

Next year I plan to grow Orient Express x Nepal Jam seeds I bought. My goal is to buy Ace mixes, since the crossovers should provide ideally stronger genetics.

S9rdj6Y.jpg

ClcqNRf.jpg

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Those weird pink bugs love my weed plants too. I see then on them everyday.
Leafhoppers suck leafs for moisture, so if you are seeing any weird circular brown spots on your leafs they might be using it for dinner. Spinosad is effective against them, but it pretty much has to be sprayed on the bug for any effect, I'm pretty sure it washes off next time the plant gets wet.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Only lost a couple more buds to boytrytis but with this hurricane coming tomorrow i expect to lose more. Hopefully don't lose too much got about 3 weeks before I start harvesting.

The mutant
picture.php

Scout breath
picture.php

Forum breath
picture.php

Cognac
picture.php

Pics dont really do them justice. They are very frosty, the scout breath is a very chunky pig almost like hand grenades and the mutant has a nice purple to it with lots of frost. The cognac looks like it will be the biggest cola`s really just keeping my fingers crossed for a harvest.

OG,

Try Ace seeds next time. My orient express have had zero issues, and the buds colas are slowly becoming baseball bats right now. Granted near full maturity, there might be some bud rot, but nearly 5 weeks in of flowering so far this is first strains to give me zero issues outdoors in MA climate with regards to rot and mildew.