What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
By the way, when you build the raised beds, its easier to use 2 x 12s. They make the metal corners for them( Amazon or Ebay ) so you can quickly zip them together in minutes with sheet rock screws.

You did a good job on those though. Ive been making those for years. The wood eventually rots, so I build a slightly larger one around the older one then pull out the old wood, and fill in the gaps with fresh potting soil or compost

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Those are built from wood I had laying around. They are shot together with treated nails.

There is mustard greens, kale, chard,and basil in those beds.

I cant grow year round. Those beds were under 2.5 to 3 foot of snow 5 months ago.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The big storm that hit the Louisiana coast made it up here last night..

No wind or anything, but 3.5 inches of rain since sunset last night..
it's supposed to keep raining all day today and maybe tomorrow..

I better put on my rain suit and go check the hideout..
Yesterday I finished putting up supports for big branches on the biggest girls..
The hideout drains well, so they're probably digging the rain..

30 miles east of here is where the flatlanders live. Those suckers are gonna have fields and rivers and roads totally flooded by tonight...
The big river 4/10 mile away from me is always more than 1000 feet wide, but I'm more than 150 feet above it..

And they call us'n hillbillies the dumb ones! :biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...

yeah,we got .06 of an inch of rain last night...there might even be a puddle somewhere!

get to choose between two equally exciting errands today...either haul medium home or go do laundry...

think i will go get medium today so i have it here,laundry tomorrow and get the tent set up for vegging under the led panel,and then up-pots on wednesday...

harvesting 7 plants tonight...platinum cookies,nem,ogkb2.0,and thin mints...oh,and the shitty cookie plant that messed this otherwise good run up...then cram the remaining plants into one side and take a panel down...then i can veg the plants for the next round for a couple weeks to get them settled in the pots and take cuts and get them pruned a little more this round...

hayday

Veteran
I cut a shitty plant yesterday as well , nasty meat and, well,hay. My name was kind of a play on words like "make hay while the sunshines"

No way I want to manifest it to a full time gig:/. Oh well,sometimes...
just sometimes...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
like every form of earning a living it has pluses and minuses...

:tumbleweed:i think i've screwed around long enough this morning to make sure it's nice and hot out so hauling medium is an extra sweaty affair....

i should probably double check and make sure i don't need anything else so i don't end up back at the grow shop later in the week...

although somehow i'm almost positive i will...:bongsmi:

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Just like the hardware store...
Damn, Uncle, you've really been cranking getting stuff set up! I was wondering if you have a tow behind on your bike to put stuff in.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I let the kettle of tomato sauce slow simmer all night then added fresh basil, oregano, and lemon thyme this morning. Should be awesome. I made a large pan of meat balls today, with angus beef, ground pork, red onion, tomato, basil, oregano, thyme. mushrooms,garlic, eggs, and a bit of panko. Gonna try a plate of spaghetti in a bit

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just like the hardware store...
Damn, Uncle, you've really been cranking getting stuff set up! I was wondering if you have a tow behind on your bike to put stuff in.

be kinda tough to move bales of medium without a trailer...

heck,my trailer has more miles on it that lots of peoples bikes!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think someone tossed a smoke and started a brush fire next to the freeway here. Anytime I smell smoke I look to make sure its not me. I finally noticed the Motel parking lot was full of firetrucks. They where all on the hill next to the freeway.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I cut a shitty plant yesterday as well , nasty meat and, well,hay. My name was kind of a play on words like "make hay while the sunshines"

No way I want to manifest it to a full time gig:/. Oh well,sometimes...
just sometimes...

A classic case of Hay WTF?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The hideout looks GREAT!

It hadn't rained here in about 3 weeks or so, and the girls are digging the heck out of it...
The ground there is about a 5% slope, so excess water runs off on it's way to the river...

3 1/2 inches of rain so far, but its been nice and gentle, but steady...

The girls were all just sticking up straight up and saying Ahhh!... When the sun comes out tomorrow or the next day they're gonna grow like crazy....

I've got a 50 lb bag of oyster shell flour coming in mail in the next couple days, so the girls are all gonna get a sweet calcium snack...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 of my 500w cmh bulbs blew last night at some point. Looks like it was a catastrophic failure. Both glass envelopes blew. I didn't even see it until I noticed glass on the floor. So glad I did. the arc tube was demolished.

Attachments

• DSCN0797.jpg
    DSCN0797.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My flower room has automatic fire measure. Same kind unkfishy uses. You cant buy those very easy anymore. I couldn't find another that wasn't very expensive. I think I only paid 80$ for mine many years ago. These are the new version. Thee made for cars but will also work at home. The ball has a very low heat layer. Will explode when it gets hot.

https://www.amazon.com/Elide-Fire-Activation-Extinguisher-warranty/dp/B07BC653JC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=W6KMT0LWYN3U&keywords=automatic+fire+extinguishers&qid=1563226087&s=gateway&sprefix=aaUTOMATIC+FIRE%2Caps%2C353&sr=8-4

Last edited:

hayday

Veteran
I went on an outing today, someting out of my ordinary and far away. Did about 40 miles upwind the whole time. I was happy for some downhill stuff.
picture.php

picture.php

It was kind of nice stepping out of my familiar teritory. Lots of cars and lots of unfamiliar places. I got lost and had to ad lib my way back to my truck.
Glad I wasn't in the middle of some God forsaken desert lol

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That looks interesting. What does it have in it? I wouldn't mind CO2 but forget dry chemical. I got a couple large Halons at the flea market real cheap. I guess they don't make anymore halon. You can still get what was produced years ago, but its very expensive. Several hundred apiece. Its supposed to be the very best stuff ever made for fires. There is nothing else like it. It only takes a small amount in a room to put out a fire. I think they stopped making it due to an ozone problem

I got 2 of these for $20 total, but they aren't automatic. I wish I would have bought the 3rd one too. I didn't realize how much they are worth
https://www.amazon.com/Amerex-17lb-Halon-1211-Extinguisher/dp/B00F5CJKD6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2VJHBV6RCKURU&keywords=halon+fire+extinguisher&qid=1563228561&s=gateway&sprefix=halon+fire+extinguishers%2Caps%2C207&sr=8-1