What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Lol, so no you have not run anything yet. With that many males your in for a lot of work.

Oh yeah. Im still have a handful to harvest, and Ive been screening, labeling, and vac locking pollen into test tubes almost every day.

Im not too worried about testing. We have acres to do that on, right under our favorite star :ying: Its a spectral class G2 and luminosity class V

Remember, Im not a seed company. Im doing this for fun, and future runs. Ive been making seeds for over 35 years

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The real hard work, is harvesting and prepping 200 plus real big plants. We will have to enlist a lot of outside help

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im sautéing some baby Portobellos, sweet red peppers, jumbo black olives, artichoke hearts, and garlic to go over an Alaskan wild cod fillet, sautéed in butter, with garlic, fresh eureka lemon juice and fresh capers.
Yum!

Lemon cucumber in a red wine vinaigrette on the side

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I top dressed with a 5-5-5 from ecoscraps, and lollipoped the plants leaving only 4-6 nodes on each. This should get things going:) still only a couple are showing sex and not that well either. The rain is really helping, but I think I might brew some ewc and kelp meal for a foliar to keep mold and mildew away. I've seen a couple spots, but I think it's downy mildew, and not fatal.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Pretty quiet here this morning.. I'm gonna finish this cup of coffee and head on out to the hideout...

It's cloudy this morning and it's watering day. Big storm about ready to hit the Louisiana coast right now and it's supposed to bring a lot of rain up here starting Monday, but the girls want water now...

Guess I'll get everything ready to tie them up a bit too, since we may get some high winds here in a couple days...

The girls are big and healthy and happy!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

i checked,no hurricanes headed this way...maybe we will get lucky and some moisture from the storm will make it's way out here..

regular garden chores today...flashbang should be adjusted to the conditions so probably get that into a 1 gallon pot...and i need to crack the dome open on the clones i recently put into cups...and time to check the rest of the cuts to see if they rooted...should be plenty of mac1 for a future run...starting to get to the point in the summer where i need to be thinking of plants for the main room and free cooling season...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:headbange just watched the world cup downhill race...or at least the top 5 riders...those guys,and gals are nuts!

pretty simple concept,start at the top of a hill and ride to the bottom as fast as possible with various sorts of obstacles in the way,be that trees and roots and rocks or big jumps and giant berms...and no matter the conditions on race day....dry,dusty and blown out or thick peanut butter like mud...

this weeks race on a course built for flat out speed...not much tech just full on flat out...

and world cup cross country racing tomorrow and the tour de france all going on right now...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Just finished up with all the hideout chores..
While I was watering, the overcast skies make it a lot easier out there, without all those UV rays beaming down on me..
I bet unc knows all about those UV rays...

Anyway, I decided today would be a good day to take cuttings..
Gathered all my equipment and went back out there...
I took 36 cuttings from 4 of the best looking, healthiest, most vigorous girls...
They were all from fem seeds so I want to be sure to save 'em.
I have some pollen from others, but i wanna keep a couple of these pure..
Including those skunk plants...

Brought 'em all in and got them in a humidity dome..
hopefully must of 'em will show me roots in 10 days or so...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,the uv index is in the extreme category...it's not the heat that gets you here,it's being out in the sun...there's just no shade out in the desert generally speaking...at high noon it's usually around 1000 watts per square meter of solar energy...kinda like riding in an oven...

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Ive been looking hard for a good apartment or house to rent so I can get to growing again. Have 12 plants outdoors, but I need to get popping testers for Hammer and also popping beans to make some crosses with the GMO.... Uuuhg. This area is over populated and hard to find a good place to suit my needs.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smoker: puff break time...working on getting the ducting squared away for the 5x5 tent and the 4x4...i thought about taking out a wall but the power panel is attached to the one i would take down and the fire suppression chingus is supported by the same wall so easier to just cut a hole through the wall...kinda a tight squeeze getting through now...only going to be worse once i cram another tent in...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ive been looking hard for a good apartment or house to rent so I can get to growing again. Have 12 plants outdoors, but I need to get popping testers for Hammer and also popping beans to make some crosses with the GMO.... Uuuhg. This area is over populated and hard to find a good place to suit my needs.

I hope your price for KWH is low there. I get smacked pretty hard here in California. Then to top it off, I get nasty letters from PG&E stating Im using far too much electricity!

I love switching over to star power in the summer. This whole house is electric, including the water heater, and kitchen. I reduced the water heater temp a few degrees, and reduced the pond pump/water falls time on by 75%

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty,prepare yourselves,some pretty exciting tent action going on here...not just one tent but 2!! like i'm running a homeless camp for pot plants over here!

anywho...pretty basic stuff,intake line,exhaust line,fan/filter....got the two tents hooked together with some short sections of duct so i can use one fan to exhaust both...got good side suck going so it should be sufficient to keep one led panel cool...

if all goes as planned i will harvest enough plants from the led room to go down to one lamp in there and use the extra panel to veg for a couple more weeks in the tent while the rest of the plants finish...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and if excitingly sexy tent action weren't enough how about some boring,and blurry,veg room pics?

hammerhead's flashbang #18 hardened off to the local conditions...
picture.php
[/FONT]

getting crowded in here!
picture.php
[/FONT]

the blurple zone...peanut butter breath front and center,ready to give up some cuts...
picture.php
[/FONT]

the next tent run...cherry cookies,gmo,and wedding cake although possibly i may ditch the gmo in favor of the flashbang and mac1 if they catch up enough...
picture.php
[/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Looks good, buddy :) is that a fire extinguisher above the ballasts?
I like the blurple for veg, they are always super happy under mine too.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,there's a handheld in there as well...

yeah,it's an old gen1 led so it's sorta meh but it serves to keep the plants going...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Nice, I have a 135w on a mover that covers a 3x4 area for my veg. I even have another one in case this one shits the bed. I think it's been running for about 4 years straight 24/7. Even on a generator when the power goes out!

Latest posts

Latest posts