What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Co2 Extraction a reality!!!

I wouldn't expect the Hashish forum mod to be able to determine the truth of any postings related to supercritical hash extraction after seeing the other recent thread on here in which a member was banned for correctly predicting the necessity of split ring pressure vessels in proper extraction setup. However, let me pierce the veil for to show you there are no hard feelings and remind the forum of its need for illumination.

Let us address all things. In every post, the Original Poster (OP) uses the Passive Voice conjugation of the English language. Utilizing the verb "to be", he makes every instance of the machine TO HAVE HAPPENED. He does not state "we did this with our machine". He makes statements such as "This is a machine a decade in the making, and millions of dollars in R&D. It has found a home in Colorado and is ready to make the finest extracts in the world." Very well, it is machine 10 years in the making, it is millions of dollars in R&D, it has found a home in CO, it is ready to make extract. So whose is it? This guy has some photographs of a device. Nowhere does he say that he spent the millions, nowhere does he say that it's his machine.

He even goes on to say that it's the fourth machine he's "had the pleasure of working with". So whose were the other three?

Ricky is correct about the size of the extraction vessel. 15 cubic feet would be bigger than a 55 gallon drum. Ricky fails to notice that there actually is a pump in the picture he says there is not one. Also that really is an ABB PLC. To the guy who questioned how that could control anything, can you really not see how precise control of multiple valves and temperature controlling equipment could precisely control extraction conditions? That machine could extract using CO2. I have no idea whose it is.

Because it certainly isn't the property of "Critical Labs CO". Know how I know? I can tell by the pixels. In closing, please enjoy photographic proof that the OP used Photoshop in order to make you think that someone else's CO2 machine belongs to him, and to promote his coming business selling BHO in CO.

2lncsxl.png

...I can understand why there is doubt about Co2 extracts, but I assure you.. YOU WILL SEE CO2 EXTRACT!! Not only that, but you will see it come out of this machine's still dump, leaving no doubt in peoples minds that Co2 extracts are very real....

I forgot to post my favorite part. Ricky was absolutely right to critique the use of the word "still". It's there that everything falls apart. You will never see oil come out of a still after CO2 extraction like some sort of liquid. Ever see a chemical fire extinguisher? Think that at best. Recovering the product in a proper form is half the battle.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i didn't ban anyone only for stating that some kind of ring is needed for some kind of device that i have no idea what it produces, let alone how it operates. that's not my style.

but thanks for elaborating on this thread and the ops pics.

localhero

Thank god for the diligent work of icmag whistle blowers. otherwise we might all be taken for a ride off some stills taken from the Breaking Bad lab...

next time, include some pics of gallons of actual bees honey and you might push the ruse past 1 page.

picture.php

an image taken of the extractolatorX super conducer, from our hermetically sealed lab located in an abandoned mine 5 miles beneath the rocky mountains. Funny story, we actually pour these five gallon containers directly into the old ore trucks, where they are then taken to the surface and helicoptered to our mmc.

Lets break this down some:

FACTS
- a wholesale value of $17 a gram (critical labs co unfinished google site)

- 2000 grams extracted per batch

- 40 lb of plant matter required per batch

- millions of dollars spent on research and development (atleast 2 million, up to 9 million other wise it would have read: tens of millions)

BREAK EVEN MARKS

- 30 batches to break even on a 1 million dollar machine,

- 90 batches to break even with research costs, 3600 lbs of dried plant material

LOGIC
this isnt including the cost of purchasing or growing the 3600 pies of dried material, security costs, labor costs, miscellaneous costs.

Im gonna go way out on a limb here and say it is impossible to procure that much trim locally in Colorado without knowing every single grower personally and planning way ahead. Not to mention it would be a huge waste of money to spend the cash to grow that much and use quality buds as your plant material. Let alone the acres required to grow 3600 lbs.

Quickly lets conservatively break down the use (or misuse) of quality buds to extract with this process. 40 lbs at $2000 per p =80,000$. 40lbs of starter material makes 2000 grams at $17 per gram = $34,000.

Even if you used the entire plant fanleaves, stalk and all, you would would run into issues with supply. Theres only one outdoor season. The scale to consistently throughout the year provide yourself with enough base material would be very inefficient to run indoor grows cost effectively.

If the hurdle of supply was met, it could still be years and years before you started turning profit.

If the hurdle of providing this machine with enough starter material was met, how long before flooding the market with your product caused the demand to even out, forcing the price down?

CONCLUSION
I dont see how the risk, logistics and investment involved makes this concentrates labs viable. Maybe in a post full legalization society with agribusiness style super farms and walmart sized dispensaries. Not now.

Rickys bong

Veteran
Localhero, nice find. Someone has started the work on a website recently.

When this first was posted I couldn't find any reference to Critical labs...

Your math needs a bit of expansion though...

It simply doesn't seem possible to make any sort of profit using bud as your starting material.

Even if you got bud for $1000 per pound and were able to get 18% yield you are left with $389 for margin.

Subtract labor and operating cost (even if it's just electricity) then you gotta factor in overhead (rent, machine maintenance, etc...) and the margin gets eaten up quickly.

Even if they could manage to get trim for next to nothing, get enough of it and manage 10% profit they would need to move 600 kilos of oil to break even with a $1mil machine cost...

That's a metric shitload of oil.
And this supposedly cost more than $1 mil. so I just can't see this being remotely possible unless some generous entity donates the machine for free...
I don't like being negative but my bullshit-o-meter is still pegged on this one.

I can't wait for the website to be finished.

RB

localhero

My guess is that this guy is setting up shop in CO to lure in growers to give him their trim, and d's to buy wholesale. Probably just a larger than normal butane extraction op, giving the impression that his shit is top of the line co2 underground bunker. Just trying to set himself up as something special and different.

Yeah my post could have gotten far more in depth and cleaned up. I just didnt see the point, its not like this is a real thing. Others here have already pointed out the scientific flaws and the blatant photoshopping of that logo.

Why do I care at all? I love concentrates. Some consider amber glass and high end extracts to be the future of smoking. Just look through ALT at all the new pieces that are almost all standard with globes and nails. Anyways, it just bugs me when someone attempts to coopt the hype.

hammalamma

Veteran
It's funny how many people believe the whole super critical co2 extraction hype, and how many people are being ripped off and lied to.

Spending money on scientific equipment is great. Gale was great at spending money on excellent scientific equipment. However, even extractions require skill. As sure as one able to structurally and electrochemically picture a dextrously chiral methamphetamine molecule and rotate in full 3D while contemplating procedure and likely result is part of the skill that determines what equipment is needed, likewise oil skill results from understanding of chemistry. True skill begins in the mind, as the mind travels through the cosmos and at subatomic levels, understanding the universe on all levels in order to learn more about oil every day. To know what budder is, to understand its nature and causes in every sense of classical Greek knowledge - to understand the proper conditions at which LPG may successfully be filtered through packed beds, rather than the unsuccessful experiments of foaf. Such heady cerebral skills are the result of careful study. Google and Wikipedia will not help you. Peer reviewed science is carefully controlled in order to prevent private scientific discovery and keep it in the hands of Big Business and Big Pharma...to keep Napoleonic foreigners like Mahmoud ElSohly in control of the country's medical marijuana research, knowing that his personality and irrational nature will never allow progress to be made. Will you let The Man keep you down in this area as well?
121egja.jpg

mrcreosote

Veteran
Rickys bong sez:
That's a metric shitload of oil.

Jeez...
I'm so shitty at chemistry I couldn't even make the conversion to US shitloads...

I was at bong a thon this year and a guy gave me some vials of co2 oil and it tasted horrible, very clear/amber. I still have the vials he gave me after having 2 hits of it on my HMK curve. I AM in CO. I have not seen ANY decent co2 oil.

I was at bong a thon this year and a guy gave me some vials of co2 oil and it tasted horrible, very clear/amber. I still have the vials he gave me after having 2 hits of it on my HMK curve. I AM in CO. I have not seen ANY decent co2 oil.
Bong-A-Thon? Let me give you some advice for next time, the next time you're at an event called Bong-A-Thon I would be skeptical about the contents of ANY vials that are thrust into my hand by any guys. Describe the taste. It sounds like the oil you got was made with a solvent that's liquid at room temperature and atmospheric pressure. It sounds like the oil contained a lot of this solvent still.

I revise your statement thusly: you are in Colorado. You have not seen any CO2 oil.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooo, a premium will be alloted the first hero or heroine to extract and post C02 oil pictures and tests for the rest of us to marvel at. Who will be our champion?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Bong-A-Thon? Let me give you some advice for next time, the next time you're at an event called Bong-A-Thon I would be skeptical about the contents of ANY vials that are thrust into my hand by any guys. Describe the taste. It sounds like the oil you got was made with a solvent that's liquid at room temperature and atmospheric pressure. It sounds like the oil contained a lot of this solvent still.

I revise your statement thusly: you are in Colorado. You have not seen any CO2 oil.
:yeahthats

Duckmang

The "supposed" CO2 oil from bong-a-thon was a very clean oil with no hint of a solvent that I could detect. It was very earthy and lacking in terpenes giving it a bland taste. I didn't care for the taste nor the effects.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
all i know is i want one of these things in my basement lol na but for real i love bho fiendishly now ima make it a misson to hunt down some co2 oil and see what the hypes bout...i cant really imagine nething being that much better the some great og bho on the skillet...

J

juicepuddle

im going to mc gyver me one of these suckers

Make sure to get back to us, just like all the guys who... oh wait, they died during the CRITICAL parts :laughing:

But for real if you put no one else in danger by all means, MCGUYVER it, or better yet, if you build it, mcguyver will come.

:thank you: