What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Goldfinger' - Malawi Gold X Flo

Slim Pickens

Veteran
EM:

Looking forward to seeing your "Project X" plant,as that one interests me very much :yes:

Sorry to hear about you losing your J-Lo reveg.Lucky you have seed,but it is still a loss of time and effort..

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
ThaiPhoon - good to see you back here again, and look forward to seeing the new Goldfingers outdoors! This pheno I've got now is definitely the best of the seeds I've started - much more Flo-leaning in coloration - purple stems/preflowers and dark green leaves , but still with that Malawi-sativa structure - it looks like a really special F13. No idea what it'll bud like, as it's never been flowered yet, so first time for all of us!

I've got the same pheno I grew indoors back outside again - and the crinkly 'old person's skin' leaf surface and the weird green patches returned - so definitely a genetic factor and not environmental. Some of the Skunk X Flo phenos also show the crinkly-leaf trait, so it's a Flo thing definitely. Will be touch and go whether it finishes in the UK, but I love to experiment...:)

Slim Pickens - as for this Project X plant - it's certainly an unusual pheno, but the only Goldfingers I managed to pollenate with the MoFlo were both from the indica male parent, and so there's always some latent shrub-types possible, with much more indica traits, especially the small leaves. My friend started this one from a few seeds I gave him, so I honestly have no idea whether this is representative of the whole batch at all - only one way to find out, eh...? ;)

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
WOW Elevator Man what a project.......tagged for sure...beautiful lady can't wait to see what tha future hold's.................MM

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The new Goldfinger is rocketing up now, and will need some LST very soon! Looking marvellous. New pics later probably...

And the test plant of the Oaxacan Gold (the next Goldfinger mother!) comes down today...

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I shared a few seeds with a friend.I visited him and took a few photos.He has two girls.Two phenos.I´ll try to take better pics this week.6 +/- weeks of flowering.Are these f2´s?? just cant remember... :bashhead:
Thx EM :wink:

160.jpg

163.jpg

164-1.jpg

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Sooo ElevatorMan what's tha status of project"X"...allot more indica dominance in this line?..interesting find interesting genepool.......MM

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Raco - wow - thanks for posting those! I wondered if they'd ever got started - they look amazing, and a great mix of the two strains. The leaves on the left plant are spectacular. Both look to have the dark Flo coloration I've got on this new plant, but they look different to this one (and each other), definitely. They're F1s, but I would expect a little variation. I think you'll find the aromas/flavours similar though, with either a very floral/bluebell/honey, or a more spicy carrot/fruity one.

MOneYMiKe - Project X is from the original two Goldfingers at the beginning of the thread - they are both from batch 1B, which was from the cross of the green indica Flo male. These were pollenated by a next-gen MoFlo male descended from the purple sativa Flo male, so the genes are more mixed in these.
But I'd expect the Flo to dominate more now, and the test plant I'm growing now certainly did at my friend's place - purple buds, spicy/mushroom/carrot smell, and done in eight weeks in hydro, so I'm expecting nine in soil. It's very bushy and compact, and looks like it might yield quite high at this stage. Photos as soon as it's worth it...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
This new Goldfinger is requiring some major training now - growing an inch a day easily, and looks to be a more stretchy pheno than the last one. It's still as bendy though, so I've given it another trussing-up just now - once the stretch has finished next week, I should be able to get it finally repositioned for maximum bud growth.

I pulled off two male flowers yesterday, but I think it was just stress, as they weren't properly formed - I'll keep an eye out obviously, but this has to be 'the one'...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
There they are! Wow - thanks for posting those man - I wasn't sure if you'd ever popped them.

We are getting a serious Goldfinger gang together now, eh...? Awesome... :jump:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Nearly ready - the new Goldfinger is approaching five weeks flower, and looking marvellous - the bud development looks better than previous phenos, and the colas look like they'll fill out to Malawi levels but still with Flo density, which is exactly the idea! The aroma is slightly more minty and Flo-leaning than the last pheno, but still well within the Goldfinger spectrum.

I have one wrap of Goldfinger pollen, which will be dusted on this female this weekend - I hope that it's viable, as I didn't produce it, and it hasn't been tested yet, but it looks OK, so fingers crossed. I'll take some photos of the plant when I do it, and post them up here asap.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'm as excited to see what comes out of this as you are!Can't wait for pics and an evaluation.

I know it's only been a few weeks,but it feels like a lifetime LOL!Thanks for updating us!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I took a few pics tonight, and put the bag of pollen on the best bud, so hopefully in a day or two I'll know if it was any good. It had better be, as that's all I had! I'll post the photos in the morning, as it's a bit late now.

If no joy, I've got plenty of new MoFlo pollen I can put on, as the 1A batch of Goldfinger are still unpollenated in that particular direction. The test plant I have of the Goldfinger 1B X MoFlo is looking very interesting and extremely resinous(a bit like OG Kush, bizarrely), and should be ready at eight weeks more or less, which is about ten days away.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Pre and post-prandial pollenation pictures...

Pre and post-prandial pollenation pictures...

Here's a few shots of the new Goldfinger female prior to 'business time'.

This is at 37 days, and looks to be bang on schedule for an 11-week finish. This pheno is more Flo-leaning than previous, and as hoped, the bud structure is firmer, and the calyxes stacked closer together. Leaf to bud ratio is amazing - barely any leaves at all considering the size of the plant, and the inherent leafiness of the Malawi mother!

The smell is more minty and less fruity than the last pheno, but has still has that dark, 'pearly' spicy/floral signature that I've grown to love. I only had one wrap of pollen, so I put it on the biggest and best bud I could find, and all the way down the stem too. Hopefully F2s are just around the corner...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I was away last night, but I'll check tonight when the lights come on - should be clearer by then if it worked...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Slight Diversion...

Slight Diversion...

Not sure on the pollen-taking yet - the pistils have certainly withered, but no definitive calyx-swelling yet - I'll update as and when I know for sure.

First - here's a peculiar little thing. This is a test-plant of Goldfinger X MoFlo. It has a bit of an unreliable history, as I gave some seeds to a friend who grew out one good female. I then got a clone back from him which was virtually dead, and spent three months coaxing it back to life before putting it into flower.

It wasn't really properly out of veg, and so ended up a little 'stumpy' to say the least. Also the smell and overall appearance is somewhat different to his plant, which is puzzling me, and making me a tad nervous about being too definitive here, as he may have fucked-up on the labelling.

That said, it's definitely one of my Flo crosses, that is for sure, but the smell is more reminiscent of my Funk (Skunk X Flo), and the resin content is extremely high - far more than any of the parents used, and closer to an OG Kush in that area. The leaf-shape is what makes me relax, as it's a dead-ringer for the original indica male parent. One other strange trait, is extremely stiff, circular stems, with no ridges whatsoever, and a faintly greasy, oily feel to them.

Anyway, here it is - looking more like a weird OG Kush than a mostly sativa hybrid. Some branches were topped before flowering, hence the weird bushy colas, which formed on the stumps. I have a clone that is much more healthy, and more advanced in veg, which should give a much more accurate representation of what this can do - I'll be running that one again asap, but for now, here's the first version for perusal:

Last edited:

Kabong

hey elevator man, ever had any Zamal or Ghanian Accra skunk.. some other good african genetics.
never had malawi or DP but ive had those, and a zamal hybrid (ZamalxDestroyer) x parvati
that strain sounds superb, congrats.

camacho31

actually my goldfingerss in the south....

1 phenotipe -more green ,vigorous,not want too much nutrients.she smells fruity but a little stronger than the other.more like a good wine :rasta:
she is suffering but is strong.

2 phenotype.more large ,different structure ,coloured and smells moreeee fruity than the sister.i recognized flo ....sorry forthe photo quality.she is suffering too much.btw is a good test.she resist the time,spidermites..and now is controlling the last spring.i hope finally good .i think yes.sativa rocksss :rasta:

i hope it helps and thank you elevator man-from the south -camacho :violin: