What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's the king of resin?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
by definition, its called "water" hash for a reason, its not exactly hash. the real use of the word applies to pressed collected resin. collecting it by means other than rubbing or dry sieving are not technically hash forms when compressed, so other words need to be added to make it complete. for example, water hash, or another, hash oil. oil is not hash and hash is not oil. water hash is more like hash than oil though, although its not purely hashish(its water hash) :D

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not over here trying to argue with you. I'm clarifying what I meant by what I said and why I said it. There is a difference. You are attributing things(like what you think my supposed intentions are) that aren't true to me. Hence my responses.

I did not see your post when I made mine, sometimes things happen like that...

I just told you, using your definition, the "connoisseur" definition, that it follows that bho is not technically hash and you are correct. But as you can see, and as you yourself admit by your own personal view, there is disagreement even among those who do this stuff daily what should be classified as what.

I have no problem with you other than you stating that I'm trying to do things I'm not, i.e. incite frustration and now argue with you.

My point was clarity in what exactly "hash" is. You can see there is a mish mash of opinions but now that the irreproachable definition has been provided, there is no further clarification necessary.

So I will leave your thread be. And I apologize for sidetracking it, that really wasn't my purpose.

I thought it was interesting to see aleph-null as your avatar, that's all, not something I expect to see around here.

its all good i just sensed some hostility in your reply to one of my reply's when all I'm tryin' to do is spread a lil info and stop the bickering. Im not angry just confused by the way you came at me in post #55 when i was just tryin to explain someting.

And for what its worth its not my definition that oil isn't hash that is a "Petty" technicality and like I've type several times already. I don't care if everyone wants to call oil hash it doesn't matter to me as long as its good and they purge it well, i hate when people consume tainted medicine.

peace,
Infi

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Sensi Seeds Hash Plant - not only is the resin production excellent, but the 42 day flowering means that you'll be making batch after batch of hash every 6 weeks! When you look at what that allows you to produce each year, I think that you'll be pretty happy.

Pick the right mom (highest resin quality and quantity by day 42) and your indoor production line will make you the hash king!

42 days ?? :woohoo: looking now lol

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
by definition, its called "water" hash for a reason, its not exactly hash. the real use of the word applies to pressed collected resin. collecting it by means other than rubbing or dry sieving are not technically hash forms when compressed, so other words need to be added to make it complete. for example, water hash, or another, hash oil. oil is not hash and hash is not oil. water hash is more like hash than oil though, although its not purely hashish(its water hash) :D

ha ha ha ha wtf hashmasta lol a whole 'nother can of technicality worms. are you trying to fuel the arguments? it going to be 200 pages of people try'n to classify and sub classify and sub sub classify all these types of hash. We'll never get any work done. LOL

drop some hash on us i know you got the shit, heavy is the head that wears the crown. lol

peace
Infi

J

juicepuddle

Water does dissolve and wash away terpenes, which is a big part of any HASH I enjoy.

Purging oil takes away alot more terpes imo, I always have water hash with way more terpenes then any oil I have.

All I know is in person no one would say that Oil / Amber / Absolute / Shatter is not hash rofl, people in this thread dont understand water is a solvent too?

nonpolar shmonpolar
water hash is more like hash than oil though, although its not purely hashish(its water hash)
biggrin.gif

So its inbetween both? Why even go the extra mile to classify oils as not hash, this is so stupid.

zedd

Vacuum purged oil should retain GOBS of terpenes. Otherwise you're doing it wrong

Perhaps water is still a solvent, but it's not even selective enough to get rid of resin heads, so that is the reason for the distinction.

J

juicepuddle

Vacuum purged oil should retain GOBS of terpenes. Otherwise you're doing it wrong

Perhaps water is still a solvent, but it's not even selective enough to get rid of resin heads, so that is the reason for the distinction.

Some strains come out very hard and tacky and need to be heated EVEN when vacced, and to be honest most people heat while they vac.

The best made water hash will retain more terpenes vs the best made oil <- just opinion

Many terpenes have a really low boiling point and the way some oil is textured terpenes are released at a way higher rate then water hash.

Your opinion on what hashs you like or smoke is your opinion ofcourse, but we are talking about terpenes here, not wich hash you like better.. also I like water hash better.

hammalamma

Veteran
Purging oil takes away alot more terpes imo, I always have water hash with way more terpenes then any oil I have.

All I know is in person no one would say that Oil / Amber / Absolute / Shatter is not hash rofl, people in this thread dont understand water is a solvent too?

nonpolar shmonpolar

So its inbetween both? Why even go the extra mile to classify oils as not hash, this is so stupid.
Then you my friend are purging your oil in the wrong ways. I have never tasted a water or bubble that has even close to the flavor of even a mediocre oil. You have shitty oil.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A Sour Bubble pheno.

A Sour Bubble pheno.

Footlong.... get your footlong here!

I haven't made any hashes out of this lady...yet. :biggrin: I'm getting ready to run her indoors pretty soon aswell as outdoors in the same deal as the Chemdog DD

my pics look so much crappier after I upload them but if i keep the files any bigger they always fail. how are other guys uploading such huge high-resolution pics?

peace,
Infi

KiefSweat

Veteran
so i guess to everyone else hash means its got nasty plant waxes and carbons. Ill take solvents if it removes those and makes my smoke smoother.

G

growcodile

perfectly worded :thank you: .. should be added to "wikipedia" now

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually solvent extraction period, including water, reduces the overall terpene level, because some of the terpenes are slightly polar and water soluble in their carboxylic acid forms.

Both proceses produce an excellent product, different from each other, and both with their strengths and weaknesses, depending on how you are intending to use them.

Take a whiff or taste of the 190 proof that comes out of the recycle distillation unit, when cooking or vacuuming down an alcohol extraction, or winterized BHO extraction. Once used, it forever a cannabis brandy, because of the other terpenes present in it, even after pot distillation.

The water would also taste like terpene soup, but it has so much chlorophyll flavor, that they would be hard to define in a taste test of the process effluent water.

For most floral terpene flavor, my vote would be for dry sieve, with bubble being smoother and more hashy in flavor.

The different oil extractions range from floral to hashy, depending on the solvent and the process, so I don't personally see how any of them have to go stand in the corner in shame.

I am old and mostly out of the fast loop, but given that words were meant for communication, we may need to consider if they are meeting our needs in that regard.

When someone says hash to me, I think of charus, and loose drysieve as kif.

I consider bubble-hash as one word and meaning trichomes harvested using ice and water and usually not pressed.

In my vocabulary, BHO, Honey Oil, erl, QWISO, HHO, QWET, QWME, QWDE, Hash Oil, Cannabis Oil, Cannabis essential oils, Resin, etc, are all something different, but I find that some of the forums list all concentrates under the Hash forum, so that is where I check to find then if they aren't readily apparent.

Since this is an international Cannabis Resin (Hashish) forum, where we discuss a lot of different processes, it would be hard to argue that it wouldn't would improve communications, if we could all agree on how we are going to use the words, and stick to it.

J

juicepuddle

Then you my friend are purging your oil in the wrong ways. I have never tasted a water or bubble that has even close to the flavor of even a mediocre oil. You have shitty oil.

I see when logical arguments are pointed out you just get mad and resort to your oil is shitty.

Truth is i rarely see nice oil posted here as opposed to tokecity hash oil section, water hash loses less terpenes then polar extract and gentle heat purge.
GrapeApeOil.jpg

This was my first batch of oil and only got better since. This strain came out like hard shatter even when I heated it it was SUUUPER tacky, very good at keeping in the terpes that where left after the purge, but like I said, even a gentle warm purge is taking out terps that stay with a water solvent.

Any bubbles are from moving it around, airbubbles, also if its hard to tell its very small amount less then 3g

J

juicepuddle

Water does dissolve and wash away terpenes, which is a big part of any HASH I enjoy.

Then you my friend are aggitating your material in the wrong ways. I have never tasted oil that has even close the flavor of even a mediocre water hash. You have shitty water hash.

:moon:

hammalamma

Veteran
I see when logical arguments are pointed out you just get mad and resort to your oil is shitty.

Truth is i rarely see nice oil posted here as opposed to tokecity hash oil section, water hash loses less terpenes then polar extract and gentle heat purge.
View Image

This was my first batch of oil and only got better since. This strain came out like hard shatter even when I heated it it was SUUUPER tacky, very good at keeping in the terpes that where left after the purge, but like I said, even a gentle warm purge is taking out terps that stay with a water solvent.

Any bubbles are from moving it around, airbubbles.
No that's just how you take it. I explained my reasoning if thats not good enough then f off. You couldn't get me mad if you tried. You SURE those are just air bubbles? You don't seem very confident.

hammalamma

Veteran
Then you my friend are aggitating your material in the wrong ways. I have never tasted oil that has even close the flavor of even a mediocre water hash. You have shitty water hash.

:moon:
I don't make taliban hash I let idiots do that shite. I have tried Matt Wizez ice wax, which is the best bubble I have ever seen, and the shit tastes like cigarettes. How can you even compare bubble and erl? Its like oranges and apple pie.

J

juicepuddle

You don't seem very confident.

I could care less what I seem like on this site. Thats the first oil I ever made and as you can see theres no wax or garbage in it.

I did overheat on the purge but did not have any way to gage the temp at the time.

So back to what you said about vac purge, do you not heat at all during your vac?? You mentioned vac purge as if you never heat your extract during the process.

Are you using a tami?

Not trying to make you mad, it seems your doing that to me with posts like
I don't make taliban hash I let idiots do that shite. I have tried Matt Wizez ice wax, which is the best bubble I have ever seen, and the shit tastes like cigarettes. How can you even compare bubble and erl? Its like oranges and apple pie.

You have obviously never had good water hash if the best you have seen tasted like cigaretts.. ROFL... I have hash in storage that tastes like lemons as well as some other hash that tastes like berrys, exact taste of the strain.

Sounds like you got some of that looooooow grade matt rize rofl, you know, 2nd 3rd wash runs and or batches with mixed microns that had plant material.

J

juicepuddle

Just for the record, hammalama is talking trash about my oil when he has this in his albums what a joke, obviously you feel bad about your oil and just want to put others down to feel good
crapoil.png

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Matt Rize, I asked him...hey i reinvented the wheel, what should I name it?

Guys, u fucking turds! Ive seen both your oils or whatever, both look good. Hamma has many other photos as well. And JPuddle has some great shots as well.

So that great oil u guys make. Whats the best strain so far? for u guys personally.

Latest posts

Latest posts