What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

Cactus Squatter

93D048BD-4177-4F0B-9C0D-A471EFF827B9.jpeg
6A342970-EA23-4C7D-8100-4FE1ADEE9FB5.jpeg
EC9E2CCB-E189-4F75-8C10-8FF207EE9A20.jpeg
6066DA29-0BD6-40A1-9DD6-EA5B3A1250A3.jpeg
6814F4BA-FB8D-4225-AC92-63E10C7BBD6F.jpeg
This is from a non-fem pack. The calyx on this plant is 2-3 times the size of the ones on the fem I have. Smell is lemon candy on both.
This has been my favorite plant to watch grow in my garden this year and will definitely be a repeat grow.

Cactus Squatter

She doesn’t have the earl grey tea smell that I think it was you referenced, but as she gets deeper into flower she’s developing something I can’t place yet. Almost hits my nose like the “hash” smell does, but it’s unique.

I’m really curious to see what she smells like after a cure and also in cobs.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Aww, too bad, that was an amazing smell. Mine had it for several weeks. But my earlier grows were all fantastic too, always some lemon in there and always very robust plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Fantastic Cactus Squatter :tiphat: really appreciate you are growing both Honduras x Panama (regular and fem) versions side by side, should be a really interesting comparison. The complex vanilla lemony terpene profiles you comment, the resins, look of the bud, pistils, are all Panama Goddess, just slighly more foxtailed and voluminous flowering structures from the Honduran side. Looks like harvest time is close ;)

Cactus Squatter

So the Honduras X Panama is an interesting smoke for sure. I haven’t sampled the outdoor, but the indoor fem I got into a little bit. It still needs to sit a while but is very good already.
It doesn’t come on as strong and quick as my straight panama does and is much clearer headed for me than Panama. It’s a very nice floating feeling with a really interesting ability to allow me to slip into a good meditative state almost instantly. I don’t have to calm down, try and focus, screw around with my thoughts for a while. Nope. It’s smoke some Honduras x Panama, stretch a little, and then boom! Right into a very blissful state.

I’m waiting a couple more weeks before I touch the outdoor Hon x Pan. This strain will probably always have a space in my outdoor setup. It was such a beautiful and hassle free grow combined with being a great yielder of unique smoke.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I adore this plant! One of Ace's very best IMO. There are so many others I want to try that it might be a while before I can grow her again, but I definitely will.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks guys :dance013:A pleasure to hear it, you described it well Cactus Squatter, Honduras x Panama is not so strong like straight Panama, but the effect is much more up, clean, active and non ceiling. :yes:

Cactus Squatter

So having let both indoor and outdoor cure for several weeks I’ve been hitting them. A lot. I love the HxP. Please always keep this one in the catalog Dubi, it’s an absolute gem.

The Outdoor cut was from a regular seed and smokes a lot like my Panama just with a less dense bud structure. Smell is strong creamy lemons. Very social, happy, conversational and relaxing smoke without being sleepy or lazy feeling. Great for hanging out around the bbq. I like it better than the panama I grew alongside it last season as it’s effect is longer lasting and just feels more “enhanced” than the panama pheno I grew.

The indoor cut was from a fem seed. Also very airy bud structure, smaller calyx than the outdoor was, and was an incredible yielder. She is much greasier/oilier feeling than the outdoor cut, and has a much more complex smell. I actually get the Earl Gray tea smell a little bit from her now, along with the lemon, creaminess, but also some incense on the backend. She is something special to smoke and a definite keeper. Very introspective, very private kind of smoke. It puts me in perfect headspace for meditation and yoga as well as just sitting out in nature observing the wind blow by, which I do a lot. I’m constantly out in nature and this smoke will be accompanying me for as long as I can keep this cut alive.

I absolutely love the Honduras x Panama!

Cactus Squatter

Tangwena the cobs are magically delicious. Like lucky charms, except without all the preservatives and garbage in them…
Tasty, smooth, potent.

These are from my Honduras x Panama indoor run from last year, just opened to test a little today just short of 3 months curing. Super loud lemon cleaner smell along with the fermented smell.
8274ABDA-1B03-4598-87AC-22B0E0BCE9CC.jpeg
5F0A20AC-85C3-45E7-B7FA-330DB164E660.jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena the cobs are magically delicious. Like lucky charms, except without all the preservatives and garbage in them…
Tasty, smooth, potent.

These are from my Honduras x Panama indoor run from last year, just opened to test a little today just short of 3 months curing. Super loud lemon cleaner smell along with the fermented smell. filedata/fetch?id=18081699&d=1645653591filedata/fetch?id=18081700&d=1645653591

Yes this cross from Ace is as Dubi described like a kid in a candy store terps and fermented is off the charts.
It makes you want to suck on an unlit joint for ages just for the taste ha ha.
I find it chewed especially the younger stuff like less than 9 months aged explosive energy wise, they just keep hitting that sativa out of the ball park dont they.
Since I found Ace I never even look elsewhere.
Oh I forgot to say lovely looking cobs brother and if it stinks as you say its a perfect job too.
I wouldn't mind a slice an inch long off the end thank you waiter ha ha.

Cactus Squatter

thanks friends :huggy: your presence makes my days brighter!

Your breeding skills and hard work with both Landrace preservation and new hybrids make ours brighter homie. If some weird tall skinny dude ever runs up to you, picks you up, twirls you around and gives you a huge hug out of nowhere, it means I made it to Spain for vacation. 😉

I wish I could go into the full details of what I do for a living and how much some of your work has helped the people I work with. People that haven’t smiled in years, people that haven’t been able to relax and shut down their thoughts and memories. To see them relax and forget their worries for a while is truly an amazing thing and many of your strains are able to do this where others simply don’t have the correct effect and sometimes make things worse for my crew.
This Hon x Pan along with the Kalichina are especially amazing with our crew and do amazing things for headspace issues and your green Honduras should be a mandatory inclusion in every menstruating woman’s bag of tricks. True medicines.
ACE is definitely the Place! 😂

Alright, I guess that’s enough fluffing you and your amazing crew for the morning, I’m off to work. 😂

RobFromTX

Ive been growing this strain for years and its far and away my favorite. The best of south american sativas all rolled into one and the closest thing I can find to the primo mexican brick weed we would get in Texas in the 90's. Energetic yet relaxing. You could smoke a joint of this stuff and build a damn house. Much thanks to Ace Seeds for creating such an enjoyable experience

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_173417201.jpg
    IMG_20211105_173417201.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20211117_164551970.jpg
    IMG_20211117_164551970.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 163

RobFromTX

Your breeding skills and hard work with both Landrace preservation and new hybrids make ours brighter homie. If some weird tall skinny dude ever runs up to you, picks you up, twirls you around and gives you a huge hug out of nowhere, it means I made it to Spain for vacation. 😉

I wish I could go into the full details of what I do for a living and how much some of your work has helped the people I work with. People that haven’t smiled in years, people that haven’t been able to relax and shut down their thoughts and memories. To see them relax and forget their worries for a while is truly an amazing thing and many of your strains are able to do this where others simply don’t have the correct effect and sometimes make things worse for my crew.
This Hon x Pan along with the Kalichina are especially amazing with our crew and do amazing things for headspace issues and your green Honduras should be a mandatory inclusion in every menstruating woman’s bag of tricks. True medicines.
ACE is definitely the Place! 😂

Alright, I guess that’s enough fluffing you and your amazing crew for the morning, I’m off to work. 😂

I couldnt agree more how important Dubis work is. Most of my grow buddies have started growing his landraces. One of them has a girlfriend with a mental illness and she can actually enjoy smoking small amounts again after 10 years of avoiding mainstream hybrids. It really opened my eyes about how unnatural the world is becoming. I mean who are we kidding. They'll keep driving up the THC levels until it looks like you're buying a bag of crack. Im just glad theres banks like ACE around for people like me who loved the weed of yester year compared to something that looks pretty but makes me want to take cold showers. Much thanks Dubi

RobFromTX

I planted my 6 HonPan seedlings along with the 2 Tikals i have in front and they are completely falling behind. This strains a beast! I thought about throwing them into flower but I'll veg for another week or so. You need very little vegg time for these girls to end up 7 ft tall. great vigor

Attachments

• IMG_20220514_153547029.jpg
    IMG_20220514_153547029.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

I planted my 5 HonPan seedlings along with the 2 Tikals i have in front and they are completely falling behind. This strains a beast! I thought about throwing them into flower but I'll veg for another week or so. You need very little vegg time for these girls to end up 7 ft tall. great vigor
That’s gonna be an amazing grow. Seriously good luck between those two strains, they’ve both been absolute growth monsters for me. Your tent is gonna smell freaking amazing!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts