What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi woolybear,

The flower development is great despite the yellowing! Usually i like to reach this point with the sativas a little bit more green so they produce better resins when ripening last reflowering.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I gave my buddy one of those big buds yesterday. He couldn't believe it. We smoked a few bowls and he agreed, top shelf smoke. :D
16224004807333206017137171518639.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I totally agree. This is one of Ace's best for sure, and worth growing again and again. I'm glad I have a couple of packs of fems which sets me up for years of growing. :)

woolybear

Veteran
Three month update!

Pistils are cloudy/clear. Lots of yellow leaves, that's the result of my grow style. Noticed a new round of reflowering. I'm thinking she can go a couple more weeks, i tried to find the post but I believe Dubi takes them to amber? Woo hoo!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Still smelling good wooly? Mine had such nice aromas, and they have carried through into the jars. Really enjoying this weed as usual and wish you a great harvest. :)

MakaLacka

Beautiful buds Texas, hats off to you friend :tiphat:

Dubi, and others who have grown fem seeds, I am more interested in the green mexican pheno that you can finding in the regular cross, is this pheno ever expressed in your purple honduras fem cross?
I am limited on grow space and even though I would love to make some of my own seeds to further explore these genetics, it is smarter for me to use fem seeds for now!

Love your work, keep it up everyone!
Maka

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
How is finishing your Honduras x Panama girl woolybear ? :) I estimate she must be ready.

Welcome MakaLacka, we use mainly purple Honduras parental plants for our Honduran hybrids. Honduras regular release produces very frequently green Mexican phenos and a very high female ratio, so if you want to experience the pure green Mexican sativa-like Honduran phenos i still think Honduras standard (regular) release is the right choice.

woolybear

Veteran
Hi dubi thanks for keeping track!

Her trichomes are a mix of cloudy/clear with a few ambers. Some purple is starting to set in also... I don't recall exactly your recommendations on when to chop, but I think it leaned towards more amber?

Any idea how much longer she can go?

fetch?photoid=17885008.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I followed my nose on the last one. Once the aromas started lessening and she was fading I decided to take her down. I had a mix of cloudy and a few clear trichomes, maybe a couple of amber oddballs. When in doubt take a branch or two and leave the others for another week.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi woolybear, yep follow TexasTea advise :yes: she is there, just choose a moment of a strong peak terpene production before this final reflowering is fully ripen.

woolybear

Veteran
TIMBERRR.....

High ambient heat plus future travel plans means this girl got chopped today. I usually budget 4 days to dry, then into glass jars in my chest freezer... so perhaps perfect timing for a weekend test nug burn!

Very easy plant to trim. I remove all brown/crunchy leaves, it was easy to tug them out via hand or tweezers.

fetch?photoid=17887894.jpg

Cactus Squatter

Beautiful buds Texas, hats off to you friend :tiphat:

Dubi, and others who have grown fem seeds, I am more interested in the green mexican pheno that you can finding in the regular cross, is this pheno ever expressed in your purple honduras fem cross?
I am limited on grow space and even though I would love to make some of my own seeds to further explore these genetics, it is smarter for me to use fem seeds for now!

Love your work, keep it up everyone!
Maka

Definitely give the Honduras regular release a crack if you’re looking for the Mexican pheno. The Honduras I have going right now look and smell exactly like the Mexican plants I used to grow in the mid 90s. I’m super stoked to see them flower out. If it has that same old school Mexican feel I’m going to be super stoked.

When you say you’re limited on grow space, is that number of plants or size/height of plants? If you are height limited, really keep an eye on them. All my Honduras grow fast and tall. It’s crazy how vigorous they are.

Cactus Squatter

I think these are right around 6 weeks along.
1 Honduras x Panama fem and 1 Zamaldelica fem in the back corner. I’m glad I had to cull another Zamaldelica and a HxP otherwise there’s no way my tent could hold them.
The HxP is insanely vigorous. Has a very sharp sweet citrus smell and is developing beautifully. I’m really excited to see how this one yields and it’s effects.
04AA5DD4-E72D-48B1-848B-A27C345A9421.jpeg