What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

RobFromTX

6 HonPans and 2 Tikals up front. Day 7 of flower. They are outpacing the Tikal so fast. I'm interested to find out how tall they'll get with just 10 days of veg. Hopefully a little more manageable

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_190601807.jpg
    IMG_20220524_190601807.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 89

Common Sense

6 HonPans and 2 Tikals up front. Day 7 of flower. They are outpacing the Tikal so fast. I'm interested to find out how tall they'll get with just 10 days of veg. Hopefully a little more manageable
This will be interesting to watch, please keep us posted. How big are your containers?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here we go again :love: thanks for choosing ACE to full up your tent. Considering your experience on the lines, i'm sure is going to be a great grow. Just take in consideration the high temps, it's usually the main challenge with indoor grows i ntents during summer time.

RobFromTX

This will be interesting to watch, please keep us posted. How big are your containers?
Sorry for the delay man. I just upgraded to 5 gallons from using 3 and honestly i dont think it was needed. I was getting plants that tried to grow 7 ft. tall in the 3 gallon fabric pots as it was and these need a lot more watering. Just my experience though. Ill be going back to 3 next grow if only to give me room for more plants

RobFromTX

Here we go again :love: thanks for choosing ACE to full up your tent. Considering your experience on the lines, i'm sure is going to be a great grow. Just take in consideration the high temps, it's usually the main challenge with indoor grows i ntents during summer time.
Thanks Dubi! I have them set at 11/13 from 7pm to 6am to minimize the heat impact and its worked pretty well so far. Hard to fight this Texas heat though

Stoneroller

Hi all! I have been following this sub for a while, and now i had to register just to ask this question:

I see consideration of managing the size of these sativas by smaller container size. I grow organic in a living soil style, and i wonder if honduras x panama would grow through of my tent (120x60x180cm) using a 20 gallon fabric pot or two. How large would one plant get in 20 gallons when grown with minimum veg time?

Currently growing one Kali China in a 20 gallon pot, and it is very manageable, although it completely dominated the week younger Satori in the same soil (some timing issues...) . 😄

RobFromTX

Hi all! I have been following this sub for a while, and now i had to register just to ask this question:

I see consideration of managing the size of these sativas by smaller container size. I grow organic in a living soil style, and i wonder if honduras x panama would grow through of my tent (120x60x180cm) using a 20 gallon fabric pot or two. How large would one plant get in 20 gallons when grown with minimum veg time?

Currently growing one Kali China in a 20 gallon pot, and it is very manageable, although it completely dominated the week younger Satori in the same soil (some timing issues...) . 😄
20 gallon pot with this strain would make for one hell of a stretch. I was getting 8ft plants in 3 gallon pots with just 2 weeks of veg, just to give you an idea.

Koondense

Veteran
Same size tent but different hybrid with probably similar stretch, I grew the Thai x Panama in one half of the tent in a 25L pot.
For the whole tent I would feel comfortable putting one 45L fabric pot(around 10-15 gal) for one plant but the canopy would need to be managed with a scrog net. These plants have a stretch of 5-6 weeks easily so thinking in advance is absolutely necessary.
Total veg period? I think 4-5 weeks if you know what you're doing.

Cheers

Stoneroller

I hear you guys. I am very tempted to try atlest one in the 20 gallon (~75 liters). What i read between the lines, is that maybe with short veg (even straight 12/12 or 11/13 from seed if necessary?) , topping of some sort, and going max horizontal with some lst and/or scrog net, it might be manageable? For lights i have 240w 3500k quantum board.

I am also consodering Panama x Malawi, and Thai Chi as options. Looking for clear and energetic high, with happy feelings!

Last edited:

RobFromTX

I hear you guys. I am very tempted to try atlest one in the 20 gallon (~75 liters). What i read between the lines, is that maybe with short veg (even straight 12/12 or 11/13 from seed if necessary?) , topping of some sort, and going max horizontal with some lst and/or scrog net, it might be manageable? For lights i have 240w 3500k quantum board.

I am also consodering Panama x Malawi, and Thai Chi as options. Looking for clear and energetic high, with happy feelings!
Check out Tikal as well. It has a very soft friendly buzz

RobFromTX

This should give you an idea of how fast she grows. I put my popped seeds in these 5 gallon pots on May 10th, vegged for only 10 days and Im just 16 days into flower, only using a 600watt. I discarded my 2 tikals because i knew they wouldn't be able to keep up. She moves FAST and completely takes over the space if you let her. Which ofcourse i fully intend to do :smoke:

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_190152085.jpg
    IMG_20220606_190152085.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 116

Stoneroller

Thank you Rob and Koondence for your answers! And Rob, your plants look awesome.

I maybe a bit crazy, but i still might try to grow one of Ace's 100% sativa in my humble tent. It is the only way to experience these plants here in 60+ degrees latitude. I have around ten years of experience in growing smaller containers with liquid fertilizers, and the Kali China run is my first in the 20 gallon pot without bottled nutes, only base soil using Coots mix, and some topdressing and mulch layer + red wigglers. Really impressed by the early samples, btw! I harvested the ripe top buds at week 9-10 from 12/12, and left rest to ripen up for 2 more weeks. The seed was old stock from 2017, maybe more sativa dominant than the current ones... 🤔

Going large on soil volume is a must using this style, so that is something i do not want to change, and i want to keep my current soil living and improving! 🙂 Luckily i have quite a lot of experience in managing the canopy, i guess that will come to use. One option might be to try Thai Chi first to see how it goes, before 100% sativas. Although after Kali China run, i am tempted to dive to the deep end with the sativas. Are there any more suitable suggestions for 100% sativas instead of the Honduras x Panama, when taking the limitations in grow space into account? 5-6 weeks stretch is expected after changing to flowering?

Clear, energetic, positive, creative, maybe a bit psychedelic and dreamy in nature while remaining relaxed is something i look for the effects.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, i guess i am a bit hyped!

Common Sense

Hello Stoneroller,
I can highly recommend the Honduras x Panama. I am a complete beginner and managed to grow her in a 60x60x160 cm tent. She is very vigorous, but flexible and easy to low stress train and does respond very well to bending with quick branching.
I started her from seed in a 1 L yoghurt cup at 18/6 for 31 days. LSTed her from the very beginning. 11/13 on day 31. Up-potted her to 16 L (commercial high quality potting soil) on day 39. Kept up the LST with a SCOG net. Some problems with probably Ca/Mg deficiency, but stayed very manageable in that small tent with a really good yield.

The effect is for me is easy to describe: it makes me high. Nothing more, nothing less. It may be a bit one-dimensional for some people, but the quality of the effect to me is outstanding.
Seriously, the very first people who came up with the word "high" to describe the effect of cannabis must have had something like Honduras x Panama. I think it fits very well the effects you are looking for. Add "euphoric". Psychedelic not so much (depending on how you define it) at lower doses, higher doses: yes. But not as much as Kali China.

RobFromTX

Hello Stoneroller,
I can highly recommend the Honduras x Panama. I am a complete beginner and managed to grow her in a 60x60x160 cm tent. She is very vigorous, but flexible and easy to low stress train and does respond very well to bending with quick branching.
I started her from seed in a 1 L yoghurt cup at 18/6 for 31 days. LSTed her from the very beginning. 11/13 on day 31. Up-potted her to 16 L (commercial high quality potting soil) on day 39. Kept up the LST with a SCOG net. Some problems with probably Ca/Mg deficiency, but stayed very manageable in that small tent with a really good yield.

The effect is for me is easy to describe: it makes me high. Nothing more, nothing less. It may be a bit one-dimensional for some people, but the quality of the effect to me is outstanding.
Seriously, the very first people who came up with the word "high" to describe the effect of cannabis must have had something like Honduras x Panama. I think it fits very well the effects you are looking for. Add "euphoric". Psychedelic not so much (depending on how you define it) at lower doses, higher doses: yes. But not as much as Kali China.
I can tell you this strain hates chemical nutes. I was running the GH line my first grow, at very low doses, and the nitrogen overdose sent them into a tailspin they never recovered from. I rotate between blackstrap molasses and Bio Bloom feedings nowadays. If you use FF ocean forest like me then you really don't need to give them anything the first month. Its some pretty potent bag soil

RobFromTX

Update on the girls. Sorry for the poor image quality. These beasts have overtaken the grow perimeter. Starting to get notes of skunk and lime when i rub the stems. The one on the left up front has darker leaves than the other 4, almost a bluesh tone, which im hoping will be a purple honduras pheno. Either way its nothing short of amazing how fast these girls are moving along. I didnt think with such a short veg time that they would get this big but they're a beauty

Attachments

• IMG_20220622_193855227.jpg
    IMG_20220622_193855227.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Here is a Panama Honduras with whirled phyllotaxy, it then developed the predator look with the fasciated stem... it was the only plant to really survive the previous very wet season. sort of bubblegummy type terps which then went spicy during the cure....was a nice high but i wont bother growing out any plants with whirled phyllotaxy anymore as the yield suffered and even the big bud didn't really develop like you want it to...ide prefer a different kind of gnarly...

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 137