What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(>-_-)> Neptune's Moving Castle <(-_-<)

N

Neptune

Here we go with the Winter grow... changes this round are few but important! First and foremost, I am using CO2 enrichment via a CAP GEN-1NG(Natural Gas) with 4 Burners, and a CAP PPM-3 CO2 Monitor/Controller. While this room is hardly sealed, my calculations tell me it doesn't matter. I do not have to worry about changing tanks, so I just let the Generator burn. It's on/off ratio is around 90|10 :yoinks:. I installed a new gas line, to code, and there was hardly any hangups... pretty ez!

Second, I am back on my normal hydroponic regime:
GH Flora Series(Lucas), Hydrogaurd(5ml/gal), Hygrozyme(5ml/gal), and Fulvic Acid(2ml/Gal).

The Setup
Four 600w magnetic ballasts running GROWBRIGHT lamps, 95,000 lumens(3rd and final run with these bulbs)
Four Daystar AC hoods, running an aircooled closed circuit.
Two 3'x6' Tables
Two 70 gallon reservoirs
a massive irrigation dripper system...del Krowmobe

The medium, and Density
I will be running the krowmobe rockwool setup once again. 4" cubes on the 1'x3' slabs. 9 plants per light, 18 per table. 2 dripper stakes deliver top-feed nutrient to each plant every other day. Irrigation is every other day for 10 minutes throughout the entire cycle. The entire table is flushed every 2 weeks with PH 5.9 tap water. Without the flush, crop failure ensues... salt buildup in rockwool is incredible.

Genetics
18 Pot of Gold , entire left side table
9 Cinderella99, back right side light
8 Chocolate Chunk, forward right side light
1 Granddaddy Purple, forward right side light, in the middle of the Chunk

Yet again, testing the GDP, this time with similar stretching strains ( I hope!) The GDP is in the hot seat on the forward right side lamp, and I will be pruning around her to ensure she get's an unfair advantage... ain't life a bitch? :joint: The Chocolate Chunk was given to me by a trusted source, so we'll see how she grows and decide if we will keep her...!

All Pics Are DAY 9 BLOOM!

c99

chunk

Gen1 w/ ppm3

POG

Both tables, all trimmed up...

Just finished the lower budsite, crouded branches, and weak branches trim up. This I feel was a pretty aggressive trim, but I always say that, and it's never enogh in the end! So, I will be watching these girls and they will probably get another trim at the start of week 3. Last time I had half the crop's weight go to popcorn/hash pile.... bummer man!

G

Yes very nice set up and a nice selection of strains too!
Good luck with the grow!

arewhy

I dont understand peoples dislike for popcorn bud, is it more of a bag appeal thing than a personal smoking thing?

sensirocker

Hell yes Neptune!!! I just spent the last hour looking at your II and III grows (very very impressed at your grow room, organization and design!), and then i just stumbled on this thread, started today!!! How random!!!
Definitely taking a seat!
I must say that i am a huge fan of that Pot of Gold of yours.... especially after seeing the progression in the 2nd and 3rd grows, very impressive.
I am kinda curious about the GDP in your 2nd grow because it didnt turn purple did it? Here is a picture of my GDP day 33:

I cannot WAIT to see what that co2 does to the POG!!!!!

Cheers,

sensirocker

also, what do you think about those growbright lamps compared to hortilux? i was thinking about getting a growlight for my 1000w hps because they were pretty cheap on ebay....

Last edited:
G

Sup Neptune. Was watchin Howes Moving castle On Demand recently. Gonna keep an eye on this thread for obvious reasons ;)

I used a CAP generator before. Decent box but i hated the short hose that came with it. I called CAP and asked em for longer hose and they said they didn't make it so i had to actually have a place make me some custom hose for that thing. If you need to get a longer hose pm me and i'll tell you the place. GreenAir on the other hand supplies extra hose and a "coupler" for attaching multiple hoses. Only drawback is the greenair hose is smaller and more drama to hook it up to normal gas line

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great setup and impresssive genes man.....love 2 see more ...:lurk:

G

It is about time home boy :woohoo: Im doing just about the same thing except: coco instead of rockwool and I add 2ml/gal of some Humic Acids along with the Fulvic =]

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Wasa my Brethren, Lesee 'ere....

Arewhy, would you buy popcorn buds?

Sensirocker, thanks for lookin man, I appriciate the good words. grobright lamps are no different than Hortilux in the end, my best run to date was with Grobright... also HIDhut.com sells 1000w bulbs for like $30.00, and they are radical badical... buy a case. I am eager to see If I can max out my POG to match that of GROW II. I would really like to see everyone of my POG plants to hit the 2+ zips per plant mark. Last grow, average was about 1 zip each... lotta problems that run!! bad bad! Yeah mon your GDP looks like the real one, the one I had was not even close to GDP genetics, Is was a total club fakey... some vendor gettin' fat selling fake cuts and then skipping town. Nothing new there.... But now I got the real one, and I'll be workin' with her all damn year, 2007 year of the Granddaddy <3 China. lol, anyway...

Midtown, good to see you 'round these parts... updates comin' next week!

Bluntitup, co2 is clearly noticeable. I turned it on after the first week of veg, so they have been cruzin' with 900-1200 co2 ppm for about 2 weeks, and I can see the fatness of the stems above and beyond all crops to date. All stems are much mroe sturdy, it was hard to decide which branchs to whack off during my prune... and I probably left too many!! I will be back with clippers next week to finish off the crouded ones..

Clowntown, the c99 is from CARE. anyone grown this? I topped them all, fearing a massive stretch. It seemed to beat them down, and then some... they are the shortest plants in the garden... they also came with the rockwool mold.. which is spreading to my other plants on the table now too... fuckers!! Owell, I hear it is harmless.. but never had it before...(??) They are easily the fastest plants around, they already have good set of buds forming at day 10, amazing quickness.... no wonder people love c99. I have a pack of f2 GN03/or 02 that I will investigate, along with Nexus' c99xSSH for next crop. Yes... I will do the seed thang!

S4vy, thanks for the heads up.. the line is pretty short, and it was a nuisense... I had to run the gas line pretty far to deal with the short hose, but this way it looks professional and to code. You can't show a rubber hose outside your house, or the meter man will scratch his head... "hmmm...wtf??" Keep tuned in, the GDP is looking rad this time... she loves rockwool man!

Indica/Sativa, I will soon do the same.. soon as this pack of rockwool is used up.. I still got enough cubes for another grow or two, I won't buy anymore... unless I get the results I have longed for that is. I wish to do Perfect pots with coco/perlite at 16 plants per 600w, with 10 day veg. should be saweeet... and you can reuse coco!! and it's compostable! rad rad rad!!

Core, good to see ya too man, there will be some home runs hit this round (I HOPE!!)

willieNillie, come on back around :p

OK off to wine taste :)
happy weekend~

Budweiser13

Very Clean man what size fan do you use to vent your hoods. Do they vent to the attic where do you pull cool air from ver clean setup....

jimjay

Looks good Neptune,
I have noticed that gdp seems to like rockwool? Or at leasts every grow w/ gdp and rw turns out bomb. I have been using coco and love it. You ever decide to switch check out the new coco page. How far you got them hoods away? Is that the bpg pot o gold?
take care

Last edited:
N

Neptune

8" Ecoplus, 750cfm fan cools all 4 lights, pulls air from outside, flows through all 4 hoods, and pushes it back outside. There are minor leaks in the hoods and ducting that allow some outside air to leak into the room, causing positive room pressure, which is not what I would like for 2 reasons:
1) CO2 ppm is constantly being diluted by the aircooling
2) odor can and does escape

So, it is quite important when building your growroom from the ground up that you keep these 'small' leak issues in mind when selection equipment. The Daystar AC hoods I am using are not ideal for CO2 rich rooms, as they do leak pretty bad. Sealed cooltubes are probably the absolute best... any hood that requires you to cut a hole in your ducting to pass the light socket cord through it, is a lossy hood.

This will cause a bit of a snowball effect, which I will go into some brief detail about.
IF you are using a CO2 generator(I am), AND you have air leaks INTO your room(I do)... a few things will result..
1) The generator must burn for longer periods of time to attain the setpoint of CO2
2) The generator could possibly never shut off, not being able to retain any amount of co2 in your room (due to constant leaks)
3) This means Xtra heat and water: Burning NG gves birth to two major molecules, CO2 and H2O. my temps are +15F, and my Humidity is about 10-20% higher than it should be.
4) AC and Dehumidification needed, full time.
5) Power and Gas bills skyrocket. (not to mention equipment costs and maintenence)
6) oh fuck! is it worth it?

We shall see...

I/S, I have 70 gallon reservoirs under each 3'x6' table, recirculating every other day.
Jimjay, yes.. but the cut I have is over a year old now. no idea if what they carry is the same cut anymore, and by the looks of other's pics who have grown it out, it is not. Mine is very sativa cominant.. 62-65day finish times, 3.5x stretch, and thinner fingers than others I have seen.... what I have is a True Skunk.

Growing weed ain't easy

Last edited:

sensirocker

hmm neptune... your other grows did so well that i cant imagine that your list of negative consequences with the co2 would be worth it (especially those super high power and gas bills), but yes, we will see!!! post some pics soon!