What's new

SnowHigh Seeds Coco Loco (Acapulco Gold x Colombian Punto Rojo)

ScythianGold

Zacatecas smell amazing, very fruity and good. Coco loco I had to take early due to pm. Got lots of seeds though so I can't wait to do a whole tent of it. Not super impressed by the Coco loco smoke but it was probably a few weeks early maybe a month. Definitely the longest flowering plant I've ever grown. Would probably have finished in December. I will post some pics soon.

ScythianGold

I have a pack of Coco Locos but haven't had the chance to pop them yet. Also a pack of Pelo Rojos. I'm running two of his Punta Cometa Oaxacan right now and just sexed them, one male and one female.
I'd love to see pics of the pelo rojos. What's in punta cometa oaxacan???

iTarzan

The seeds were call coco loco and the store bought medium mix was called Coco Loco too?

Whose Acapulco Gold did SnowHigh use in the cross? I wonder if it could be from Barney's Farm. I ask because there could be a pheno in Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm or Reeferman's Apple Pie called the "Holy Fuck" pheno. The name says it all. In the old RM forums people talked about it. I ask RM if he had any Apple Pie seeds. They were a pack I always wanted but were always sold out. He didn't but told me Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold seeds were the same seeds.
I don't know if the "Holy Fuck" pheno is just an Acapulco Gold pheno in general or just RM and BF seeds.

Worth mentioning in Acapulco Gold cross thread. I don't remember details about the pheno but it should be something easy to recognize especially after you smoke it.

iTarzan

I think Reeferman would know what is real Acapulco Gold more than most of us. Why would you think that? Barney's Farm has been around forever. I never heard anything bad about them.

Many breeders use genetics from the old breeders. I would be the opposite of you. Well its off I would take both at their word but if one was not real I wouldn't guess it to be Barney's Farm. That would be like saying DJ Short, Tom Hill or SOMA didn't have the actual genetics they claim.

You could totally be right about them having different AG. That is why I asked. Somebody might actually know.

RobFromTX

The seeds were call coco loco and the store bought medium mix was called Coco Loco too?

Whose Acapulco Gold did SnowHigh use in the cross? I wonder if it could be from Barney's Farm. I ask because there could be a pheno in Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm or Reeferman's Apple Pie called the "Holy Fuck" pheno. The name says it all. In the old RM forums people talked about it. I ask RM if he had any Apple Pie seeds. They were a pack I always wanted but were always sold out. He didn't but told me Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold seeds were the same seeds.
I don't know if the "Holy Fuck" pheno is just an Acapulco Gold pheno in general or just RM and BF seeds.

Worth mentioning in Acapulco Gold cross thread. I don't remember details about the pheno but it should be something easy to recognize especially after you smoke it.
I grew out barneys acapulco. It seemed more indica than i was expecting. Definitely nothing apple pie about it

Stizo

Veteran
@iTarzan Yeah. I grew 2 packs of BF’s Acapulco Gold. From their own site at the time they listed it as a repro from memory of what Acapulco Gold was like. I decided to grow it after I grew BFs 2008 version of a var they called LSD.which I liked but were completely different when I grew a second pack. I grew their Red Dragon which was very poor. So across all those packs I got two plants that were good. The rest, bog standard. Then I read that Gerry the owner of BF was paying money, much like Arjan to win the Cannabis cup in A’Dam. I also read that Gerry was a coke head and not actually interested in weed. This came across in the weed I got from them. Again, like Greenhouse ripped off Nevil, BF got good genetics from other actual breeders and turned those generics to shit.
Now to suppose what you have supposed, Snowhigh got his seeds from BF is completely wrong. Snowhigh has travelled the world seeking out the best landraces and worked lines from different regions and also tested varieties from other actual like minded, caring breeders and then used those or tried to improve upon those. I’m dead certain there is no way Snowhigh would ever get BF seeds and work them because they are shady and not revered by genuine peers.
Reeferman has collected other peoples genetics and worked them but also doesn’t have the rosiest rep. He may be considered in a better light than Greenhouse and BF but he has done some underhand shit also.
I can tell you are perhaps a bit peeved at what I said in the previous post but when push comes to shove and all these people are dead and buried, it’ll be Snowhigh that remains the most respected by those that actually know and who hasn’t stooped to the lows that BF or Greenhouse have. Sorry dude. I don’t enjoy telling people they are wrong.

iTarzan

I didn't say or imply the snow high was using RM or BF Acapulco gold. I was just wondering and speculating to anyone growing Acapulco gold to be on the lookout for the "Holy Fuck" pheno as a point of interest.

I always liked the idea of a holy fuck pheno of Apple Pie and that seemed impossible since RM doesn't make it anymore. Then RF said BF's Acapulco gold was the same as Apple Pie. Then I figured I would mention it in Acapulco gold threads when I see them in hopes people know about or find one.

Tha is all I wanted to do. I don't know who uses what to breed with. That is why I asked. I asked I didn't accuse or suggest snow high was using BF stuff.

I never see any talk of Apple Pie and the Holy Fuck pheno. So I ask and look around.

ScythianGold

How did these turn out for you? I have one drying right now that had a pretty damn nice yield and density and has a bubblegum kind of smell to it.
This uzbek and cheese cross I was so excited about but it totally disappointed me. Yield was terrible even for me and I don't care about yields. More than anything the effect just did nothing for me. I love cheese, one of my favs but this one I will not continue with. The hash I got from the Persian Prince plants I will likely just give away. I was really looking forward to breeding with this but just disappointed in every way. It did have good pest/mold resistance.

ScythianGold

How did you guys like the effect of the Coco Loco? I heard it's a fun, giggly high
I had to take mine early, a few weeks to a month. Not much to say about the high. Active and lucid. I will have to grow again. I crossed it with Zacataca Tribute and will grow that outdoors this summer. Will be a while before I grow a whole tent of the pure Coco Loco again.

ScythianGold

Yes the seeds were coco loco from Snow high and the soil mix was also called coco loco.
Don't know where Snow High got his from but Barney's Farm is no way pure acapulco. Definitely something like 50% indica mixed in there. Barney's Farm is not very ethical imo. They sell Breeder Steve's Shiskaberry without approval from him among other shady practices. I didn't know Reeferman ever had an Acapulco.

RobFromTX

I didn't say or imply the snow high was using RM or BF Acapulco gold. I was just wondering and speculating to anyone growing Acapulco gold to be on the lookout for the "Holy Fuck" pheno as a point of interest.

I always liked the idea of a holy fuck pheno of Apple Pie and that seemed impossible since RM doesn't make it anymore. Then RF said BF's Acapulco gold was the same as Apple Pie. Then I figured I would mention it in Acapulco gold threads when I see them in hopes people know about or find one.

Tha is all I wanted to do. I don't know who uses what to breed with. That is why I asked. I asked I didn't accuse or suggest snow high was using BF stuff.

I never see any talk of Apple Pie and the Holy Fuck pheno. So I ask and look around.
Theres was nothing "holy fuck" about the acapulco gold from barneys i grew. pretty disapointing and very indica feeling for a sativa. But hey thats barneys. You never know what you'll get from those guys

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Had a problem with Real Gorilla Seeds, apparently my money was partially stolen from the envelope!?! Will have to send more money and wait more to get the Zacateca Tribute seeds... But got my veg tent and will start flowering these soon anyway. I believe the Coco Loco's will take a bit longer than the Zacateca's anyway so hopefully won't matter.
Sorry to hear you lost some money. Only use US postal money orders or use tracking postage when buying from a seed bank anywhere in the world. If it's another country ask at the post office if they take money orders. Don't throw your cash away.

Cactus Squatter

This uzbek and cheese cross I was so excited about but it totally disappointed me. Yield was terrible even for me and I don't care about yields. More than anything the effect just did nothing for me. I love cheese, one of my favs but this one I will not continue with. The hash I got from the Persian Prince plants I will likely just give away. I was really looking forward to breeding with this but just disappointed in every way. It did have good pest/mold resistance.
Well, looks like we both got boring plants out of the Persian Prince. Mine at least yielded heavy and smells freaking amazing but the effect is just non existent. I can smoke bowl after bowl and just feel congested.

ScythianGold

Here are some pics of my cross of Coco Loco and Green Mountain's Zacateca Tribute. Very happy with the results of this cross. {Colombian Punto Rojo x Acapulco) x (Oaxacan x (Zacateca Purple x Mazar)).
Near pure sativa. Finished last week October. Incense and fruit. 10 ft+.

Attachments

• Excal4.jpg
    Excal4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • Excal3.jpg
    Excal3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • excal2.jpg
    excal2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • Excal1.jpg
    Excal1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here are some pics of my cross of Coco Loco and Green Mountain's Zacateca Tribute. Very happy with the results of this cross. {Colombian Punto Rojo x Acapulco) x (Oaxacan x (Zacateca Purple x Mazar)).
Near pure sativa. Finished last week October. Incense and fruit. 10 ft+.
That is frecking pretty. Damn.