What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20' X 36' X 12' solar powered farmtek, 10 X 200 gallon organic soil

self

I just got a SensorPush. It's a little matchbox sized unit that records temperature and humidity data points and sends them to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth . I Ve got one in the GH now, and I can pick it up from my house about 200' away. Now I'll have temp and humidity constantly monitored. I may have to buy a few more!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I just got a SensorPush. It's a little matchbox sized unit that records temperature and humidity data points and sends them to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth . I Ve got one in the GH now, and I can pick it up from my house about 200' away. Now I'll have temp and humidity constantly monitored. I may have to buy a few more!

Any additional info on this? Price, where to order, website, etc.? :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sorry to keep blowing your thread up but is that everything that you'll need in that link I posted? There isn't any other additional equipment or bells and whistles you'll need? I'm very interested in picking up something like this and pretty much will jump on one of these after hearing the nod from you. Thanks again for posting about it. :yes:

KONY

Veteran
Sounds like the company hasnt yet developed the Wireless module/bridge for them to be connected to the internet. So right now its just a local setup, but still really cool. Once they add the wireless bridge I want.

self

the sensor push is great, heres the data points from the greenhouse this week. temperature spike is from when I forgot to roll the sides down the first day.

picture.php

picture.php

i can't wait to get more for drying and curing, and for my other rooms.

self

Sorry to keep blowing your thread up but is that everything that you'll need in that link I posted? There isn't any other additional equipment or bells and whistles you'll need? I'm very interested in picking up something like this and pretty much will jump on one of these after hearing the nod from you. Thanks again for posting about it. :yes:
@whodatis all you need is that little box. you can link up more than one. they log data even while you're not in range, and then it updates when you're within range. I do look forward to wifi connectivity, but for the same price as a decent weather station I'm pretty psyched. I think it will be incredible for curing. reviews on amazon were claiming you could pick up the bluetooth signal from inside a steel safe, should be ideal for for my set up.

F

fatalxerror

Cool thanks for sharing the wireless device. If you don't mind my asking. What state is the greenhouse in?

self

Lovely thread. I missed how you secured the greenhouse to the ground?
Twenty posts set 24" into the ground. It seems pretty adequate, but I may pin it and cable it into some bedrock for the winter. I get a lot of wind, but so far it's been rock solid.

self

sensorpush in action
picture.php

first girls in the ground! This is my Darkstar. I plan on making a bunch of crosses this year, mostly to OGs from seed.
picture.php

Peyote Purple holding down the row
picture.php

bottled nutes
picture.php

Maine! love it. Doing about the same as you 'cept my g house is teeny bit smaller 18x36x10 i got power at the site with one gable exhaust fan and one horizontal air flow fan that moves some serious air (says ~6000 CFM) for an 18" blade. I love the solar idea, I've been also using aluminet shade cloth also to cool it off. I am on the fence about when to remove the shade cloth, maybe not at all? some argue the diffusion and heat reduction makes up for the loss of light intensity, and aluminet is superior to old-school woven black shade cloth anyway. it's still very bright inside the g-house but feels a lot more inviting, temp wise, see what the plants say about that just plugged them in this past week.

i want to add that i havent really proven that aluminet is superior to woven black. could be marketing hocus pocus. i'm sure its pretty sore on the eyes looking down from above though.

self

Maine! love it. Doing about the same as you 'cept my g house is teeny bit smaller 18x36x10 i got power at the site with one gable exhaust fan and one horizontal air flow fan that moves some serious air (says ~6000 CFM) for an 18" blade. I love the solar idea, I've been also using aluminet shade cloth also to cool it off. I am on the fence about when to remove the shade cloth, maybe not at all? some argue the diffusion and heat reduction makes up for the loss of light intensity, and aluminet is superior to old-school woven black shade cloth anyway. it's still very bright inside the g-house but feels a lot more inviting, temp wise, see what the plants say about that just plugged them in this past week.
Nice! I'm still undecided on the fans. I definitely want them at some point, but I may do one run first to recoup some of the cost of the GH. I think I can keep temps within range by opening the sides and flooding the trays in a severe heat situation. But it's maine, and breezy pretty constantly where I am, so it may not be an issue. I've been following sho's threads, and he uses a lot of natural airflow in his greenhouses with good results.
The aluminet sounds like a good possible solution. I guess you would want to leave it on through the hottest months? Maybe take it off in September, and get some tight buds from the increased light...

that was my thinking, they are kind of leggy from being inside under whimpy 400w MH lamps and boy did they stretch. after transplant and some gentle LST they are loving the sun even with the 30% aluminet. i think i can already see the internodal stacking becoming closer tighter. i'm not using fabric pots, but rather 75-100 gallon holes dug with a pickaxe and spade (almost thankful for plant limits after excavating 6 yards of rocks and clay by hand it took me several days and sucked) then backfilled with premium soil mix, with mulch too the root zone stays nice and cool so i think it might not matter how hot it gets above ground level. i think once veg starts coming to a close i will pull back the aluminet periodically to adjust them to full sunlight for the bloom period, and after than we are past the may-august dog-days anyway and on to resin-production and bloom.

like you said earlier, for all the rotten bud you have to throw away its worth building a roof to keep the dew and rain off them, i don't think heat will bother them as much humidity, as the saying goes.

i would definately look into some systemic/foliar resistance measures (mycostop, serenade, greencure/potassium bicarbonate, essential oils (buildasoil.com has a really nice essential oil blend that you mix at your preferred strength and emulsify with potassium silicate and dr. bonners. (also a good defense against disease and mold) SNS 244C is good stuff but the price is silly. plus they try to make it a line of products, some for bugs some for mold when really its all the same things.. rosemary and clove. i've heard good things about calcium-25 to create stronger cells and better turgor pressure as well. i'm going to give it whirl this year i'll keep posted with ya

FoothillFarming

Nice greenhouse, looks a fair amount like mine from Envirotec. Wish I had gone with Farmtek. Good luck with your grow, I will be subbed. :tiphat:

self

Thanks balsamfirgreen, that's some good advice.
Hand digging holes sucks!!! I'm pretty sick of buying, moving, mixing soil at this point. Buuuut... I may register for another two patients I hold cards for, and add 12 more 100s...mostly to run more bodhi gear, I have love triangle, mothers milk, and blueberry hill started in addition to lucky charms and more cowbell.

I've been alternating different foliar sprays.
I'm using a variation on Michael Phillips holistic orchard spray: neem, fish and kelp hydrosylate, and activated em-1 + aloe as a sticking agent. I use that every month or so as part of preventative IPM and to encourage a healthy microbial system. I could add serenade to that going into bloom.

I also use a kelp FPE and with ewc tea and fulvic acid a few times a week (sometimes I add em1 to that too) for micronutrients and bennies

And a nettle/horsetail FPE with fulvic and aloe almost daily. For silica, calcium, magnesium and a bunch of other micronutrients and good stuff.

I'm working with a high calcium soil mix, so, hopefully that will help too.

I use California style rewire cages and lots and lots of pruning and training to keep airflow to the flowers. It helps a ton, but last year I was busy getting married and didn't really stay on top of my game like I should have. Lost a lot to mold. ��
This year will be different!