What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20' X 36' X 12' solar powered farmtek, 10 X 200 gallon organic soil

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Funtown/Slashtown/Pufftown USA!

I think most weed tourism would take place in areas where the tourism is already present. Coastal then mountain, so Rt 1 and the big ski mountains - maybe some along the Canadian border.

I just don't want to be told that I cant grow it anymore.

You got a whole year to get MOB now. Shes a slower grower and has minimal stretch so you would want to put her out at like 3' to get a nice big bush anyhow. Fast finisher.

The big trees are the north side of the site?

self

Things are getting big! I'm installing more drip tape tomorrow. Still waiting to sex a few bodhi plants before I'm all planted out. Planted a boss hog (cc chem4 bx) and another ultra sour today. I think I've got males of love triangle, mothers milk, and lucky charms so far. Looks like I'll b doing some pollen chucking later.

KONY

Veteran
Hey ronbo51, Thanks Man! Ive met John Bunker and grow some of his apple trees around my little homestead. The fedco tree sale is the highlight of my spring every year. My aunt and uncle live off the grid in Liberty on what was until recently an unnamed fire road. My family has been in Maine a long time (6 generations plus) but it took me getting out and living elsewhere to really appreciate the place. I think peacemeal is still around, a lot of that first wave of back-to-the-landers started some really amazing farms and ideas.
I try to bring it all together in my ganja growing. A little bit of permaculture, some biodynamics, and a lot of economy & practicality in the true maine spirit.

Ive been at this for a little while, i guess about ten years now. I became legal as soon as I could when Maine went medical in 2010.
I've found what works and what doesn't outdoors here in Maine. Anything with giant buds is pretty much fucked. You want smaller hard buds, or looser more open sativas who finish hard and fast. Almost nothing finishes before it starts to be wet and 60 every night, perfect mold conditions. BOGs strawberry kush does. So does durban. I like a sativa hybrid that finishes off with dense trichome covered flowers. Like SLH, Pagoda, Blueberry Hill, sour amnesia, sssdh, and on the more indica side, Original Diesel, Darkstar, and Ancient OG.
then I use the rewire cages cali-style to train the branches out horizontally to maintain spacing and airflow. Before flower I clean up all growth inside the cages so its totally bare stemmed.
If I do all this right, I can pull cali-style weight.
anyway sorry for the total ramble,
Thanks for stopping by!

mmmm Johns ice cream in liberty, so good.

Looking great self. I just got the FedCo bulb catalog this week! love FEDCO! always have and will.

This is my first year with a greenhouse (finally) and I hope it knocks down the bud-rot loss to no more than 10% loss factor. Essential Oils, Foliar Mycostop/Actinovate during early flowering, Bt to stop caterpillar activity, B.Subtilis, GreenCure, are all on the shelf. Plus K Si treatments as well.

I have mixed feelings about CRMLA (Clint Boyer/Regulate MJ like Alcohol). I was much more fond of Paul McCarrier's Legalize Maine. I think that the qualifying conditions for medical recommendation should be expanded (opiate addiction!), but something about fully legal makes me uncomfortable, coffee shops and retail stores, all the trouble it has brought to the west-coast MJ scene, I don't know if I want to see my beloved laid-back Maine turn into Marijuana Disney Land a la Oregon/Washington. Just my thoughts, didn't mean to highjack your thread. Plants look awesome!

You can literally get a recommendation now with any sort of pain or ptsd. Headaches, or females monthly pain. They are giving them out very liberally. 5 years ago when I first got my card you needed MRIs and detailed medical records, not so much anymore.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Things are getting big! I'm installing more drip tape tomorrow. Still waiting to sex a few bodhi plants before I'm all planted out. Planted a boss hog (cc chem4 bx) and another ultra sour today. I think I've got males of love triangle, mothers milk, and lucky charms so far. Looks like I'll b doing some pollen chucking later.

You have a keeper lady of the Lucky Charms? Better be making some F2s!

self

You have a keeper lady of the Lucky Charms? Better be making some F2s!
I wish! first run with the Lucky Charms. I just started one seed as a taster, keeps me from popping half a pack when I shouldn't!
The bodhi smorgasbord included Blueberry Hill, Lucky Charms, Mothers Milk, More Cowbell, and Love Triangle.
So far Ive got 1 maybe 2 blueberry hill females. I ran these seeds a few years ago, and even harvested early I was impressed. A patient remembered it also the other day and was happy to see it back. I was originally hoping to get a male to make F2, and to pollinate the HSO bluedream. one may be a male...hard to say.
The Lucky Charms is a great looking plant, I hope its a female, but if its not Im going to use its pollen liberally throughout my stable. watch out ladies!
Mothers Milk has the loudest stem rub by far, straight head ringing fuel. still waiting to show sex, excited either way. I need more OG funk in my life.
What else? Love triangle is definitely the more runty of the group. I didn't really cut it any slack, thats part of the selection process.
I get heated when I hear big name breeders talk about making selections in artificially perfect environments. Their products are shit anywhere outside of that ideal fake climate. I like my ladies fit and natural ;) They need to thrive in the mountains or by the beach, take it to the tropics or the north country, shrug off pm and botrytis and wind and rain.
I don't want any high maintenance picky supermodel bitches! :lol:
I want a tae bo bitch who can hold her own in a fight! :rofl:

TnTLabs

just out of interest are you on plant count? otherwise id leave the big walkway and add some more plants?! peace

self

Yeah, plant count. I hold cards for 4 patients, plus myself. 6 flowering plants per patient. I'm actually under my limits this year while I expand my grow.
That said, I don't think there will be much space left by September if I train everything right. It's time for the rewire cages!

TnTLabs

ahh right i see.. makes sence then...
get some triacontanol, brewers yeast and EM1 you will be flying

self

I've been meaning to make some alfalfa teas, but it is in the soil mix at 1/2cup per cf. I spray weekly with em 1, along with nettle, and comfrey FPE, and some other home made ferts. So far so good!
My solar powered compost tea brewer was working great, but in a rainstorm the solar controller got wet and died. So I need to buy a new one. I'm torn between getting a cheap pwm model or the more efficient mppt . I sump pump the runoff from the pots that collects in the giant trays into my 50 gal airlift tea brewer. It's a nutrient rich solution already, so I just add molasses and a bag of ewc . When it's brewed a day I redistribute to the plants via 5 gal bucket.

self

When everything works I can pump it out pretty quick.

but im waiting on a new solar controller to come in the mail.

This wet feet idea, Its something I've thought a lot about but come to no conclusions on.

basically, I'm toying with the idea of having a simulated water table about 18" down from the soil surface...from what I know, most nutrient exchange and soil biology happens in this top aerobic zone, and should be unaffected by the anerobic zone below...but im not a soil scientist, so I could be blowing smoke.

from personal experience growing in a basement that floods regularly (but that I have managed to engineer to flood only to to a few inches deep, for short periods of time (12 hours max)) I have observed that plants do great as long as they have enough soil depth to keep 12-18" of medium out of the water and aerobic. The plants in this environment often send out tap roots from the sides and bottoms of the fabric pots, even in the often-submerged zone. Plants in this environment grow big, but I haven't done any tests to see if they are growing bigger than a traditionally watered container of the same size.
my theory, if you can call it that, is that constant and reliable access to water signals the plant to grow bigger, similar to a plant growing near a river or water source with a near-surface water table.

my concerns are root rot, root aphids, and all the usual ills of over watering, but I have been playing with this idea in my flooded basement long enough to recognize that stuff when I see it (fingers crossed of course)

ideally, I would be able to recirculate and aerate the water, making for an enormous DWC/soil hybrid monster.

obviously, this system saves a ton of water too. other benefits of a having a large volume of water around are temperature regulation (im in maine) something that might be nice in the cold fall. but then humidity could be a problem.

I dont want to create new problems. its more about closing waste loops and moving things around efficiently.

i'm a tinkerer, can't be helped.

Last edited:

self

new 35mm nikon lens at play in the garden

new 35mm nikon lens at play in the garden

picture.php

Peyote Purple getting bushy!
picture.php

stem shot
picture.php

the sensor push is awesome...I have perpetual temp and humidity graphs-
picture.php

self

Darkstar growing hard
picture.php

supercropping...
picture.php

pollen chuck with this guy- fuelly greasy Chem4/Boss Hogg male
picture.php

Original Diesel/Daywrecker Diesel in 2+ yard mound
picture.php

my solar upgrade, might get to hooking this up next weekend...
picture.php

Coughie

That's a nice looking Peyote Purple there!

Did you select that from seed yourself, or is it a cutting you came across?
Forgive me if the answer should be obvious

Have some seeds to go through myself, so she caught my eye

self

That's a nice looking Peyote Purple there!

Did you select that from seed yourself, or is it a cutting you came across?
Forgive me if the answer should be obvious

Have some seeds to go through myself, so she caught my eye
Thanks! It's my selection from 5 seeds started last season. I also grew a pack out indoors several years ago, so I had an idea of what was in there. Peyote purple is pretty uniform anyway, all plants grew to about the same size and shape with similar yield. Variation was in color and flavor, with some plants going full purple early in flower, and others only going purple on calyxs later in flower. Flavor ranged from rich coffee & caramel to metallic floral shampoo. All were super frosted by harvest, excellent bag appeal.
I selected mostly on vigor and mold resistance, also my samples got mixed up in trimming, so some of my tasting notes are ambiguous.
Basically, it's hard to go wrong. In an indoor setting I would keep the darkest most coffee-kush pheno. Expect trichs on fan leaves, and slow veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts