What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour D's ,Chem D's and Norths

daoboxer

Wow. They've come on quick. What size pots are the bigg'uns? Looking killer, they're gonna be some big, stinky bushes. Can't wait to see 'em stretch!

STUPPA

cheers for stopping by potent green and daoboxer,
dao the 3 big pots are 40 litres and the norths is in a 20 litre and i've just stuck the C4#5 in a 15ltr .

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice plants mate, just getting the grow on my radar as been on a hiatus lol. Looking to do a few big plants as you do but still want nice yields, haha will be watching with interest bro..

What did your last lot do btw? Looked decent :)

STUPPA

Wtf bigwity gone ? see you around mate ;)

Alright shhh cheers for stopping by , i only got 40 oz of the last one was a little bit dissapointing yield wise but i was more than happy with the smoke .

These are all on their first day of 12's today i will get some pics later on .

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Well with all this new talk of plant numbers and persy amounts, I'm now an ex sogger lmao!

40z's sounds good mate, lots of smoke fer ya ;)

The Norths looks like a very robust vigorous plant, what genetics are in that one then? Should bush out quite a bit now you've taken a few heads off. Looking forward to seeing how this goes bro, they sure are big! Is that about a 6 week veg then?

STUPPA

I don't think your the only one on that front shhh, it's always been the philosphy with hydrotops to grow bigger plants and less of them and i guess i just follow that. The guy who started the company lived in holland originally so only ever grew 4 plants max and had to get the most from them he could in the smallest area, it's nothing new really is it?

Only real downside i can see to growing bigguns is that you cant really move them out should you need to, you dont have that prob with a sog you can easily box them up and get them the fook out of there.

The norths is NL #5 x juicy fruit x SSH :canabis: , i dont even want to think how big this is gonna be in 2-3 weeks time it is very vigorous, i think from this moment on i am now her slave :whip:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Next stop is the Doctors mate! :D

Always loved big plants and watching them grow but the downside for me is the veg period, I'm always eager to try another strain or to just be busy growing hehee...

Figure a small pre veg area is the way to get around elongated veg periods... I have a few idea's on how I'd like to run mini tree system, have started a thread in the vert section for pointers. Won't divert you thread off track though with details mate, here's a link if you fancy looking over what I am thinking about trying out:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4345878#post4345878 :)

i will be looking for some hydrotops for my next grow mate, I didn't know that lil story about the fella behind the stuff... Just heard he used to knock it up in a garden shed somewhere, lmao!! It works for you and I used to like it so I'll be giving it another whirl for sure.

The North and heaths V3 look like great mini tree candidates. Cheesey done a Sour Diesel that also looked spot on, and his NMK also might work for mini trees... North sounds bomb though, for sure.

Enough of my waffle on your thread anyways, get some more pics up! :p

STUPPA

Yep that sounds like a good plan with the seperate veg area , thats what i used to do when i did hydro i would always have the next one ready in another drip system. I dont really see the need to rush now tho, if i can get 2k+ out of here it does'nt really matter how long the veg time is.

These have had just under 7 weeks now ,they would have been bigger by now but they stayed in the small pots for a long time and that holds them back a bit.

I had a move around in my room and put the norths in the back corner next to the sour d dna . Went to the shop and bought another 400w to hang vertically and the dozy plonker gave me a 600w instead LOL, i can't be arsed to take it back so i'm gonna use that instead :D .

I think i will put the 600w horizontal above the norths and sour d dna when they have finished stretching and then put a 400 w vertically next to them , at the moment tho the 600w is hanging vertically so i can keep using the halides above in pre-flower.

picture.php

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looks stunning mate, fat as bro! If you know BigWitt, tell him to get his arse back on here under a new handle, like most ban-ees do & get in touch. Cheers bro! G'Luck!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looks great man, plant positioning looks spot on. They're massive lad!!

What kind of size/ width are those beasts?

Vert is definitely the way forward for middle of that lot I love the fact 1 light can do so much when hung vert

STUPPA

Hey scrogerman here's a couple more pics.

picture.php

picture.php

B&Q have got these 4" fans in (specially for growers ;) ) their not very powerfull but i thought it would be enough to move the heat up from the verts or under the reflector .

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
Vert & Horizontal Combo, wicked shit Stupp, rockin it bro!
Im liking the little 4"ers from B&Q lol, how much & are you impressed or not? Who's the manafacturer bro? look good from here! whats the spec on them bro!? are they quite?
Cheers!

STUPPA

Looks great man, plant positioning looks spot on. They're massive lad!!

What kind of size/ width are those beasts?

Vert is definitely the way forward for middle of that lot I love the fact 1 light can do so much when hung vert

Cheers mate , they are pretty big are'nt they :D i think i'm gonna be cutting the back of the tent open cos that's the only way i'll be gettin in there later on.

The norths is about just over 4 foot high with the pot and about 3-4 foot accross, the c4 is alot lower but i hear that will speed up in flowering.

Anyone want to make a bet on how high the norths will get? :plant grow:

Scrogerman they are alright for small grows or clipping on to your reflector , actually the way it hangs on the reflector with it's stand it's almost like they made it for that purpose in the first place. Little bit noisy i guess but i can't hear it over my 12" fan. oh yeah bout 7 quid i think.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
4' high and 3/4' across!!:yoinks: :hide: lol... Oh my!!

I'm going for 5' wide and 6' high, being optimistic for you mate :D

Have you ever seen those zippers that you can attach to b&w plastic? Maybe attach a few of those around that panel and it will be like a regular tent in that you can just open that panel for access.

Nice find on the fans might need some of those... those new pics showing vert positioning show me your in for a large haul mate! great work so far dude

STUPPA

LOL 6 feet :laughing: cheers for that mate i think you might be a bit short tho ,

the zippers are a good idea i was going to use velcro but now you mention that :)

Thats the 600w that you can see i was thinking it will be better to put that above horizontally and use the 400w as a vert then i should be able to get that right in the middle of those 3 plants , what do you think ?

what a touch on the 600 stuppa...defo be more yeild now :) id go with the 600 ontop but then your the tree daddy, what do i know lol ...room looks ready to blow m8, super healthy...all the best and still on the side lines taking notes...

I got a few killer queens potted up for another run BUT trees/ ish about 1.5-2ft then flower 4 per 600 unfortuanlty no side lighting ...so hopefully i wont be chewing your ear off about stuff.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
As I said mate, being optimistic fer ya! :D you know that thing is going mental for sure!! Day of the triffid stylee :D:D I'd for sure go with 600's above as will penetrate lower into plant then 400's can do a good job of bulking up the lower stuff.

Just for shit's n giggles get something next to those monsters so we can gauge the true size of the beats, don't forget to take your chair ala lion taming so you make it back out lmao!

Latest posts

Latest posts