What's new

Sour D's ,Chem D's and Norths

Great selection and watching closely bro...U GOTTA run the north man she sounds nice!! old skool as fuk...good growing to ya stuppa.

mr cheese

safe suppa... your grow room going to smell like a tropical oasis come flower time! dam fine selection!! word of warning tho, you see that last plant, with the weird leaves? i once had a cheese do the same thing, not 100% on what causes it but its a virus of sorts, what ever you do dnt take cuttings of her then use the same blade on another plant as youl infect the other plants... sorry if this has already been said, hvent read whole thread, jst spoted it n thought id give u a heads up... all best... c

theherbalizor

Veteran
I am now starting to lean to the idea that it is a stress related issue with Chem D genetics. I have tried and tried again to get this 'whatever virus' to catch on everything, snoe, hawaiian snow, everthing without chem in the genetics is happy. Everything with chem in the genetics seams suseptable. But I have not seen it as bad as being exhibited by your c4d#5. As you stressed her at the beginning I definitely think that stress is a major factor.

I am going to have to do a test on my next run and stress the fook out of half my c4d girls and see what they do. In veg at the mo, they are all showing no signs of any ill health.

Not surprised the Norths like less feed being SSH lineage.

I will be getting mine into flower in the next week.

Looking tip tops tho bro. As always.

STUPPA

I think you are right about the stress mate all the others got stronger as they grew and the lurgy backed off .
The sourD CC seems to still get it but it is random ,just one leaf blade will have it and the rest of it is perfectly normal.

Maybe it has got to the stage now with the c5 that it just cannot produce enough green to get the strength it needs to beat it, we will see .

mintz

i hope im wrong,but check up on the mosaic tobaco virus,thats what it looks like to me,nice grow though :tiphat:(sorry im hi,i forgot some one earlier said the same)

theherbalizor

Veteran
I call it the 'whatever' as whilst it is almost certainly a mosaic virus of somekind it is very unlikely to be Tobacco. Much more likely to be from the Tomato, corgette, or other veg / herb that grows in abundance around us.

An old paper I read ages ago stated it was next to impossible to get TMV to pass to another species of plant.

STUPPA

Here's a few more pics for this week, i got them all transplanted now except for the dodgy c5 .I got thru 3 X 50 ltr bags of coco potting these up! better get some more i think.

The norths is going nuts so i cut all the branches back yesterday , you can see before and after pics below you cant really tell but i have cut alot off .I've left about 4-5 shoots on each branch
I think it's a safe bet that this will stretch a fair bit so i better try and keep it under control .

picture.php

picture.php

Before pruning

picture.php

after pruning

picture.php

picture.php

Sour D's

D.N.A

picture.php

picture.php

Sour D CC

picture.php

picture.php

C4

picture.php

picture.php

C 5

picture.php

BIGGS

Veteran
everything looking tip top bro, except for the c5, any ideas whats going on with it mate? also whats the norths? looks like it will yeild like a mo fo.

bigwity

Veteran
have you checked the tobacco mosiac thread stuppa. not saying it is but its worth a look.

great strains man, loving the NORTHS, looks like a awsome cut. +rep

STUPPA

everything looking tip top bro, except for the c5, any ideas whats going on with it mate? also whats the norths? looks like it will yeild like a mo fo.

I don't know exactly what it is mate ,maybe somekind of mosaic virus like herb was saying but i did manage to snap the main stem when it was just rooted i think that is the main reason it has got so bad, if it was'nt for that it would be just like the others i rekon.

The norths ? what has he given me! it's a monster . I wonder what it's last owner died of? LOL eaten alive by the hungry beast no doubt.
I have put it in a 20 ltr pot but i don't think that will be nearly enuff for it .

STUPPA

have you checked the tobacco mosiac thread stuppa. not saying it is but its worth a look.

great strains man, loving the NORTHS, looks like a awsome cut. +rep

yeah thanx for that man i had a quick look at it a while ago .
I like the norths too ,but ask me again in a few weeks when it has taken over and the answer will prob be different LOL

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hopefully im getting the Chem D tested for TMV soon, from what ive read feeding up with magnesium can help the 'symptoms' . i think i have the same C4D 5 cut and im running it next round, the mum has the same 'whatever' as yours but not so prounounced. they're all looking great though.

VG

STUPPA

Hey there Potentgreen of course your welcome mate:tiphat:

Alright VG ,thats interesting about getting it tested ,how would you go about doing that then ? i would'nt of thought that was a easy thing to prove.

When i got the cut there was not really anything you would notice except a couple of small marks , it was only after it got real stressed it got that bad .
It has grown quite alot since last week tho if you compare the pics .

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey STUPPA, it's the brother of a friend, apparently he studies that kind of thing at a University and can do the testing. im just standing by to send some leaf. if the Chem D with the variegation leaf trait has it then we can be pretty sure it's been passed down to the C4D genetically.
doesnt seem to bother the Chem D much though - mines doing great under a p1ssy little LED, just a week or so off harvest. gonna run the C4D cuts next round.
as i said try a little calmag or similar if you havent already, perhaps a foliar of epsom salts?

good luck
VG

STUPPA

Nice one VG will try that ,although i would of thought they get plenty calmag with my water anyway .

just a couple of quick pics , their starting to get somewhat big and are growing pretty fast not sure how much longer veg i will give them before flower.

The norths took 4 ltrs of feed yesterday nearly double what the others are using , i think i might have to feed her twice a day in flower.
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts