What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED LIGHTS

T

TheForgotten

How come just the last 15 minutes?

To the OP, I use two Viperspecra V300's and one R300 for the last 15 minutes of cycle in one of my tents. Got a 2 for 1 Black Friday deal in 2018 on the V300's and they are still working non stop

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Don't show me where you live man. Somebody will want to rob you.

Big leaves might be a sign of low light.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Hemp, straw, dairy cattle livestock manure all make great fertilizer. Compost sources for living soil are less available in metro suburban settings. Grass and leaves piled up make a good start.

CrossBones

How come just the last 15 minutes?

My lights are slightly different than yours, The R300 is high Red Spectrum vs the V300 which is higher in Blue. I have the 2 V300's on until 11:50 and have the R300 come on at 11:45 to 12:00 to overlap for 5 minutes and then put them to sleep in the dimming autumn sun. These are in a 2x4 tent.

Mostly because I already own it, Experimenting, and I read on here somewhere that high reds the last 15 minutes of cycle helped flowering.. Plants do look good. Note: my lights are much older tech than today's, but still get the job done.

https://www.viparspectra.com/goods.php?id=86
https://www.viparspectra.com/goods.php?id=61

T

TheForgotten

Not me, this is a rental property.
But to answer your question it was Raspberries which they tore out last summer, gonna plant Blueberries this spring....

My lights are slightly different than yours, The R300 is high Red Spectrum vs the V300 which is higher in Blue. I have the 2 V300's on until 11:50 and have the R300 come on at 11:45 to 12:00 to overlap for 5 minutes and then put them to sleep in the dimming autumn sun. These are in a 2x4 tent.

Mostly because I already own it, Experimenting, and I read on here somewhere that high reds the last 15 minutes of cycle helped flowering.. Plants do look good. Note: my lights are much older tech than today's, but still get the job done.

I like it. Experiments are the way to new/great ideas.... :dance013:

CrossBones

But to answer your question it was Raspberries which they tore out last summer, gonna plant Blueberries this spring....

Blueberries require a low ph, acidic soil, so beware if your thinking of using any of that dirt for anything else..

T

TheForgotten

I use Pro Mix HP, a soil-less medium, but thanks for the heads-up, i didn't know that.... :tiphat:

My parents have a Saskatoonberry farm, imma ask them if it's the same, acidic i mean...

Blueberries require a low ph, acidic soil, so beware if your thinking of using any of that dirt for anything else..

T

TheForgotten

So i decided that 3x V900 over each 4x8 table could be modified to gain sq footage and temper lumens for a better overall result (LED lights are amazing....)
Now each 4x8 table has 2x V900 & a single V450 inbetween, hanging 6" lower for even lumens....
I filled in the 3' space between 2 tables for five feet long (3x5) and added an extra V900, so 5x V900 and 2x V450 over 79 square ft....
This is how the room will be triggered, 64 plants two feet tall, i've weeded out stragglers, freaks and probable males, 21 on the left (sativas & hybrids + exotic Indicas), 12 in the centre ( Afghani), and 31 Afghani on the right. I'll probably lose another 20% of those plants to malehood....
1 Nirvana Aurora Indica
2 Jordan of the Islands God's Bubba
5 Jordan of the Island Northern Lights
6 Seedsman Sugar Haze
8 BC Bud Depot Shiatsu Kush
42 Crop King Afghani

Left side
picture.php

Right side
picture.php

Centre view
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

This room is 12' x 10', i'm running a 435 cfm Intertek exhaust and a 390 cgm Vivosun intake, the room has been tweaked nicely, 8 or 9x 6" fans placed to rotate air everywhere without actually blowing directly on the plants, in the cold weather here (55 - 65 degree average) intake & exhaust fans run about 35% of the time if i want to maintain 81 - 82.5 degrees, and about 25% of the time to maintain 84 degree average (83 - 85 spread), plants seem to respond to the higher temps (i heard LED's have low IR output and therefore respond well to increased temps, and it seems this way to me), the room is within 1/2 degree no matter where you measure it...
The great thing about this low power consumtion with quality PAR value light is, i can run 2 1/2 tables under 2400 watts (consumption) and 5400 watts (output), with minimal energy expenditure on cooling and get two of these setups (flip) while using only 6kW total (3 kW x 2) including usage and cooling, and hopefully enjoy the yield of what was historically 10 - 12 kW.... very efficient....
picture.php

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

I like it. Experiments are the way to new/great ideas.... :dance013:

My family has a Blueberry farm. I got plants from him last year. He told me to dump a can of coke in the hole. The ants will acidify the soil. Wild Raspberry plots are where I look to plant my gorilla plants because the ph is almost exactly 6.5and usually in the north end of a clearing for maximum sunlight.

T

TheForgotten

TY sir.... :)
In my best caveman voice.... 'Indica like LED lights'
picture.php

Typical stalk (Afghani example)....
picture.php

Not all plants are the same (sister to the other Afghan)....
picture.php

This plant looks prehistoric.... Northern Lights....
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

The first casualty in the war against accidental breeding....
God's Bubba pheno A....
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

Afghani Stan.... damn i hate killing plants....
picture.php

picture.php

Shiatsu Kush pheno A, a beautiful plant, i did not think it was gonna be a male....
picture.php

T

TheForgotten

I was LSTing a few tall Afghani a week into flower and pop....
picture.php

Temporary nursery while i'm building....
picture.php

Last edited: