Sativied

Veteran
Panama x red PCK:
picture.php

Hindu Kush x red PCK:
picture.php

picture.php

earthwyrms

i read the second gen after breeding female seeds with regular makes hermie traits

i read the second gen after breeding female seeds with regular makes hermie traits

All my 3 plants hermied. The cross was Purple Haze Malawi fem X Caribe standard. Its not environmental because they are the only ones who hermied in that grow tent... still have some beans to crack but I guess I wont because there are chances they will do the same, shame because the plants were all different and quite beautiful.

Right now I have left: 5 Purple Haze Malawi X Peyote Purple (abit doubtful about this cross, hope they wont herm like the PHM x Caribe), 3 others of what should be Malawi x Destroyer, and 9 Zamal Hash x Peyote Purple. All vegging since like a month. Transplanting in bigger pots next week, then Ill take pictures to show.

i read that the second generation after breeding female seeds with regular makes hermie traits appear. i am learning and stay away from fem seeds as a result

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Malawi x PTK

Malawi x PTK

Almost big enough, too cold this time of year, slow growth. I'll flip these in a few weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lammy

i read that the second generation after breeding female seeds with regular makes hermie traits appear. i am learning and stay away from fem seeds as a result

That's quite simply just not true. It matters what kind of genetics your plants have and how they were bred. Did they have hermie traits in the first place? That's what really matters. Plenty of people have a plant Hermie on them and then they grow out those seeds. that would be something to avoid in my opinion.

And the quote you were quoting which didn't get quoted here. The poster was complaining about their plants herming and saying that it wasn't because of environmental factors because the other plants didn't do it. but that doesn't matter some plants are more sensitive to different types of stress than others. Some plants might be triggered buy light stress or changes in the light regiment whereas others might not accept the nutrients or hormones that you're feeding them. They could have been stressed out from temperature or a million other factors. Most plants don't hermie outside which means that the indoor environment is usually what's causing it.

The ace mix pack! Standards! 48 from seed pop!

Attachments

• 0319171056d.jpg
    0319171056d.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 0319171056c.jpg
    0319171056c.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 0319171056b.jpg
    0319171056b.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 0319171056.jpg
    0319171056.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 16

seeded

looks like it will be great. what do you think the flowering time is on the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malawi x (thai x blueberry)[/FONT]?
This is the first time I'm growing it but the thai x blueberry mother was very blueberry dominant and finished in 10 weeks while the malawis were all done in around 14 weeks so I'm guessing the hybrid will be done in around the 12-14 week range.

Here's what one of them looks like now at 4.5 weeks since I flipped the light.
picture.php

My plan is either sunshine or pro-mix for a medium for these. Reg ace mixed pack! I only use lang compost later in life to feed then amend if plants ask! Still learning.

Attachments

• 0321170700.jpg
    0321170700.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 17
  • 0321170700a.jpg
    0321170700a.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 17
  • 0321170700b.jpg
    0321170700b.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 0321170700f.jpg
    0321170700f.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 18
My plan is either sunshine or pro-mix for a medium for these. Reg ace mixed pack! I only use lang compost later in life to feed then amend if plants ask! Still learning.

Looking good man. I've often considered running the Ace mix. From what I've seen there are some impressive plants in there.

If you can get worm castings I highly recommend using lots of the stuff. It doesn't burn plants and gives lots of life and micro nutrients to the soil. What are you planning on using for NPK ferts?

Compost made at my relatives organic farm! We are dirt farmers i guess you could say.........
I use a compost with the following into each container, as needed. These sats should be a decent challenge for me.

Blonde horti cult grade spag peat, composted manure and plant materials; crushed,washed and screened granite and or protein meal; black rock phosphate, gypsum, vermiculite, kelp and langbenite rock. This compost i use as the plants show needs!

Lammy

This is the first time I'm growing it but the thai x blueberry mother was very blueberry dominant and finished in 10 weeks while the malawis were all done in around 14 weeks so I'm guessing the hybrid will be done in around the 12-14 week range.

Here's what one of them looks like now at 4.5 weeks since I flipped the light.
View Image

Is that a (thai×blue berry) × a male malawi or is it a feminized cross?

Compost made at my relatives organic farm! We are dirt farmers i guess you could say.........
I use a compost with the following into each container, as needed. These sats should be a decent challenge for me.

Blonde horti cult grade spag peat, composted manure and plant materials; crushed,washed and screened granite and or protein meal; black rock phosphate, gypsum, vermiculite, kelp and langbenite rock. This compost i use as the plants show needs!

Dude, that is a mighty soil mix. And farmyard compost, it doesn't get better than that. Looking forward to your results.

I'll journal them here! No worries. I may have to wait till friday to start the journal though! I used all my phone data downloading phone game apps lmao!