What's new

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

Earlmarne

Hah bummer at your size! I love my apogee! Why fuckin guess?

Hey brotha I got a serious question to ask. With such killer results with jacks I am contemplating completely changing up the game again.

I am heavily considering building a RDWC system or simply buying a current culture rig. I also found 6 and 8 site RDWC rigs @150 a pop on a foreign website. The RDWC at first glance seems to be better than what I would build my self or just as good for 150-300 less per 6-8 sites.

Serious logical business reasons I am considering the move:

1. To be rid of medium as a whole.

Reasoning: Costs of disposal, ease of veg in hydro, transplanting, the existence of hypogrow, pests are limited (no gnats right big $ saver there?), and prepping medium+sq ft to store (I know you can just skip prepping, but not in the mother room of a breeder).

I have been taken my 24 site ez-cloners a lot longer than recommended when cloning and I just feel the urge to completely switch. It is green, healthy as fuck, and night and day vigor. Coco already makes organics seem like you are waiting for oil paint to fuckin dry and you still notice a bit faster growth in RDWC.

Reasons not to:

My only reservation now is I do not need power the way I do things so a power outage for even 5-6 days is no big deal at all. Everything is watered and rockwool clone backups are always made. While a 2-3 day power outage may be okay in RDWC higher water temps are a thing as we all know at any time frame.

Since you are on a commercial level I am very interested in your thoughts.

PS My organics had good taste all my shit since switchin to Jacks get's a "damn you can fuckin taste this". Same result imo.
Have you givin a ppk system any thought?

eric2028

Veteran
Hah bummer at your size! I love my apogee! Why fuckin guess?

Hey brotha I got a serious question to ask. With such killer results with jacks I am contemplating completely changing up the game again.

I am heavily considering building a RDWC system or simply buying a current culture rig. I also found 6 and 8 site RDWC rigs @150 a pop on a foreign website. The RDWC at first glance seems to be better than what I would build my self or just as good for 150-300 less per 6-8 sites.

Serious logical business reasons I am considering the move:

1. To be rid of medium as a whole.

Reasoning: Costs of disposal, ease of veg in hydro, transplanting, the existence of hypogrow, pests are limited (no gnats right big $ saver there?), and prepping medium+sq ft to store (I know you can just skip prepping, but not in the mother room of a breeder).

I have been taken my 24 site ez-cloners a lot longer than recommended when cloning and I just feel the urge to completely switch. It is green, healthy as fuck, and night and day vigor. Coco already makes organics seem like you are waiting for oil paint to fuckin dry and you still notice a bit faster growth in RDWC.

Reasons not to:

My only reservation now is I do not need power the way I do things so a power outage for even 5-6 days is no big deal at all. Everything is watered and rockwool clone backups are always made. While a 2-3 day power outage may be okay in RDWC higher water temps are a thing as we all know at any time frame.

Since you are on a commercial level I am very interested in your thoughts.

PS My organics had good taste all my shit since switchin to Jacks get's a "damn you can fuckin taste this". Same result imo.

Glad to hear it’s going good for you! I rearranged 1 room, it took about 12 hours. All my cords are zip tied and screwed to the ceiling 👎. We ll see how it compares to the other rooms.
Yeah so I’ve always been intrigued with those undercurrent systems. I personally know a guy that smashes with it. I look at it Afew different ways. Risk vs. reward, what’s the potential gain compared to what you currently do? There will be a learning curve just like everything else. Which means things won’t go perfect, which gets expensive.
Also consider your personal situation. Do you grow for a living? Or is this a hobby? Can you afford to lose a harvest(worst case)?
At the same time trying new things is how we become better growers. Experience is everything, good and bad alike. I personally wouldn’t do a DYI system. That’s a whole different experience in of itself and will likely cost you more in the long run.
Here’s what I would do. Keep your bread and butter. Get a small system and run some trials. Either in another space or where you can fit it. Dial it in, see if you like it and how it goes. Switch over eventually if it makes sense.
Good luck brother 🤟🤟
Ps let us know how it goes

Earlmarne

Glad to hear it’s going good for you! I rearranged 1 room, it took about 12 hours. All my cords are zip tied and screwed to the ceiling 👎. We ll see how it compares to the other rooms.
Yeah so I’ve always been intrigued with those undercurrent systems. I personally know a guy that smashes with it. I look at it Afew different ways. Risk vs. reward, what’s the potential gain compared to what you currently do? There will be a learning curve just like everything else. Which means things won’t go perfect, which gets expensive.
Also consider your personal situation. Do you grow for a living? Or is this a hobby? Can you afford to lose a harvest(worst case)?
At the same time trying new things is how we become better growers. Experience is everything, good and bad alike. I personally wouldn’t do a DYI system. That’s a whole different experience in of itself and will likely cost you more in the long run.
Here’s what I would do. Keep your bread and butter. Get a small system and run some trials. Either in another space or where you can fit it. Dial it in, see if you like it and how it goes. Switch over eventually if it makes sense.
Good luck brother 🤟🤟

That is solid advice.
I am a hobby grower. I fuck my shit up on the regular just playing around. If this was my bread and butter I would be approaching this all a little different.
Yall doing this on the large scale always impress me. I run my testers in coco pots. Im always so impressed at how well the do in such a simple set up. If I lost all and I had to rely on my garden as a sole income I would be hard pressed. Coco pots are so freakin simple and malleable. Though my current ppk system, if I was to keep a veg going so as to have flower ready containers would be very hard to pass on as far as yield goes and keeping inside a plant count. There it is really. Plant count. I can get a plant or 2 in a ppk to pull 2 lbs with 2 months give or take. I think if you take plant count out of the consideration theres a lot of more suitable methods. Undercurrent with high plant count. I could dream up some slick ideas there. Then again, how does a power outage play into that? I have them on the regular, and the old lady throws a fit if I use the genny for the shop rather than the house. Recirculating vs dtw is also a trip. Like Im learning ratios are so mich more forgiving in dtw vs recirc. Though I love the idea of recirc due to no waist.
Sorry for being long winded. This is the shit that keeps me up at night contemplating. I love grow room design and all involved with what we do.

Earlmarne

View Image
Got a new toy recently. Pretty interesting..... guess who needs to rearrange some lights?? Lol.

That is bad ass. I see the need but have balked due to being small time. Cant justify the expense. Wish a guy could rent one.
I have to de fixtures with a 630 inbetween.
I am absolutely positive that one de throws more light than the other. Even with fresh bulbs. Just dont understand why. I really need to just put 4 630s in my room and forget about it

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck brother 🤟🤟

Alright I am gonna just buy a 24 or 30~ site pro and give it a go. I am not hobby by any means, but not commercial either. I like 10k watts and under when breeding and not simply producing.

What I have found in veg with coco is that it is really hard to manage small pots of coco when it comes to watering and no system whether blumats, straight pvc manifold, or hand watering is really reliable. It's too hard to keep up with 100+ small fuckin pots and sometimes double that at times when doing larger selections. Hydro kind of fixes this as it is always watered. Large EZ/Turbo type cloners are simple and can handle numbers for starting.

I think I need to learn to start seeds in rockwool though? Not sure what to do for it. I do a shit load of seeds. I am a breeding addict.

madalasatori

Veteran
40amps agree re the coco thing in veg it’s a pain in the arse as you keeping having to modify feedings etc

I now use trays filled with coir matting covered by a rootsheet to stop the roots growing into the matting. I have a small feed line going into the tray which delivers one feed a day to keep the coco matting damp. The plants sit on top of the matting and wick the feed through the rootmat

This stuff comes in cut sizes but I’m sure you could get A similar thing on a larger scale

https://www.autopot.co.uk/product-category/cocomats/

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I actually have some and tested that for awhile cloning. I did not like the mold and algae though and had trouble cloning. I thought about using it for veg but it is just a gnat life raft when you killem in the pots so I decided to not mess with it.

I am really set on doing a small DWC at first and then expanding. I had an awesome veg run using both clonex and the much much cheaper Jacks Clone formula in cloners that just really opened my mind to losing medium all together. I also had great veg in rockwool, but not as good as hydro. I was not on point with watering times though when I was testing small rockwool batches.

Biologist

40amps have you ever tried the Jacks clone formula in veg in coco or promix? Sometimes I wonder if that 15-6-17 would be better for veg. It seems like my plants love Jacks 321 (even without Epsom) type mixes in flower, but in veg at first it can be rough. I don't know the reason, I've tried lots of different ppms and formulations of it. Seems like I had better veg in Miracle-Gro when I first started lol!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best veg with jacks nutes I had which has convinced me to move to all out RDWC was with jacks clone at 340-400 ppm. I could not understand why my plants in my cloner I left way too long to experiment with looked so fuckin awesome compared to coco ones...Also clonex to 400 ppms looked awesome in and out of coco but you could give too much too early for sure. There is some number between 280-400 that is right for clonex up to 10 inch plants. I look to do a lot more experimenting when possible. I have currently shut everything down in this economy though. I will pick back up when the smoke starts to clear.

I will also be dedicated to starting seeds in Rockwool and learning the ppms for this as I have no seen and talked to a few people that have perfect seedlings. Hop on jungleboys website to watch seedlings grow in rockwool to perfection. One of my buddies on another forum has same results using 100 ppm nutes. Rock wool is just a great medium to transfer with to RDWC imo.

PS

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.1.3a226e70X0uwSs

Lyfespan

The best veg with jacks nutes I had which has convinced me to move to all out RDWC was with jacks clone at 340-400 ppm. I could not understand why my plants in my cloner I left way too long to experiment with looked so fuckin awesome compared to coco ones...Also clonex to 400 ppms looked awesome in and out of coco but you could give too much too early for sure. There is some number between 280-400 that is right for clonex up to 10 inch plants. I look to do a lot more experimenting when possible. I have currently shut everything down in this economy though. I will pick back up when the smoke starts to clear.

I will also be dedicated to starting seeds in Rockwool and learning the ppms for this as I have no seen and talked to a few people that have perfect seedlings. Hop on jungleboys website to watch seedlings grow in rockwool to perfection. One of my buddies on another forum has same results using 100 ppm nutes. Rock wool is just a great medium to transfer with to RDWC imo.

PS

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.1.3a226e70X0uwSs

lets order some of those

oh btw for seed popping home depot has the coco plugs that are hands down the best for clones and seeds. no dome and i had clone roots in 7:tiphat:

You guys have convinced me to give Jacks a whirl ;). Just want to confirm the formulas (using RO).

Veg and stretch: 3g jacks, 3.32g calnit
Bloom: 3g jacks, 2.5g calnit, .5g mkp

Are these still winners or have you guys come up with something better?

eric2028

Veteran
You guys have convinced me to give Jacks a whirl ;). Just want to confirm the formulas (using RO).

Veg and stretch: 3g jacks, 3.32g calnit
Bloom: 3g jacks, 2.5g calnit, .5g mkp

Are these still winners or have you guys come up with something better?

You won’t regret it. I’m still rocking 3/2.5 in veg. Then 3/2.5/.5 starting in week 2 or so. I like charged coco better and still use ro water only. Great quality and quantity every single time!

You won’t regret it. I’m still rocking 3/2.5 in veg. Then 3/2.5/.5 starting in week 2 or so. I like charged coco better and still use ro water only. Great quality and quantity every single time!

Been using canna coco (&nutes) exclusively. Have had issues with other coco in the past so I decided to spend the extra bucks for bagged canna and plan to continue. Very consistent so far.

Haven’t needed any epsom or other additives with that formula right?

I plan on mixing 2-1gallon jugs to make concentrated solutions for part A(5-12-26)& B(calnit) unless you guys recommend otherwise.:tiphat:

Absolem

Been using canna coco (&nutes) exclusively. Have had issues with other coco in the past so I decided to spend the extra bucks for bagged canna and plan to continue. Very consistent so far.

Haven’t needed any epsom or other additives with that formula right?

I plan on mixing 2-1gallon jugs to make concentrated solutions for part A(5-12-26)& B(calnit) unless you guys recommend otherwise.:tiphat:

The 3-2.5 for veg and 3-2.5-.5 for flower doesn't need any additives. I'd make the calcium nitrate your A and Jacks your B for concentrates. In grow formulas the A is always the one with calcium in it and you add it to the stock tank first unless using silica. Add Silica products first, calcium products second, and last your phosphorus(Jacks).

Happy growing.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m using this product
picture.php
picture.php
:smoker: