What's new

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

moritzst

hey eric

very cool rooms.

your plants look very darkgreen, maybe u should try lower ppm levels with that strain, iv seen you normally rock ;)
light green plants with tendencies to yellow are generally more productive and healthy in my experience. keep it up

greez

Last edited:

moritzst

also trying mykhorizza on coco(great white), plants need a lot less ec(1,3vs. 1,7 in week 5)and get overnurtured quickly... always stayn on the low side ;)

greez

eric2028

Veteran
also trying mykhorizza on coco(great white), plants need a lot less ec(1,3vs. 1,7 in week 5)and get overnurtured quickly... always stayn on the low side ;)

greez
Thanks for stopping in. Yeah I’ve definitely considered cutting back on calnit around week 6. I’m actually gonna try on one plant this current run. It’s just inconvenient to handwater 😔.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Ro water, 10 mls of clonex, 3-4 mls of hormex, 6 mls of clear Rez all per gallon. Change out at day 7 to 12-15 mls clonex and 6 mls of clear Rez per gallon no hormex. Your ph should be around 6 and your temps should be low 70’s( you already know).

It will run one or the other. I have a similar one in veg as you. It lacks the photo eye, but was cheaper.

going to have to give that whirl. crazy roots you got

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what kind of driver are you using?

Not sure what you mean by driver but they run on meanwells I believe for ballast. It's the first Ursa cob series. It 100% makes vegging plants look like trash no matter the height I put lights.

I am still torn in between 315 LEC/CMH fixtures at 150$ a pop with bulb and free shipping or traditional t5's 8 bulb for same price. I gotta decide in next few days. I know for a fact the T5 make healthy green veg plants as I am staring now at the difference. Took three days for matching clones to green up perfect under the t5's from Cobs while the plants under cobs look like trash. I am keeping all my cobs for flower only from now on as they grow perfect plants in the flower rooms.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I used to veg under T5s and switched to a 315 CMH and everything about the CMH is better imo. Can’t say enough good things about vegging under CMH. :good:

eric2028

Veteran
I’m still vegging under hid hps/mh mix. I’m prettt happy with it. Maybe need to try cmh

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say wait for reasonable prices on adjustables to come to fruition before something your size switches over to CMH, but then again you may save big on cooling and venting costs. I will be ordering them tomorrow I will let ya know how fresh batch of clones responds.

sethimus

Not sure what you mean by driver but they run on meanwells I believe for ballast. It's the first Ursa cob series. It 100% makes vegging plants look like trash no matter the height I put lights.

I am still torn in between 315 LEC/CMH fixtures at 150$ a pop with bulb and free shipping or traditional t5's 8 bulb for same price. I gotta decide in next few days. I know for a fact the T5 make healthy green veg plants as I am staring now at the difference. Took three days for matching clones to green up perfect under the t5's from Cobs while the plants under cobs look like trash. I am keeping all my cobs for flower only from now on as they grow perfect plants in the flower rooms.

a driver transforms ac power to dc power. meanwell is a company that makes drivers. but they have a HUGE offering. some of these drivers a dimmable, but not with a simple ac side dimmer, but either directly on the driver with the help of a screwdriver (50-100% dimming) or via the 2 dim leads (0/10-100% dimming). something you learn when you build your own. just buying a fixture because they put a nice looking ad on icmag is never a good solution. this only leads to a case of an unhappy customer like you are now. you bought an inefficient light that doesn‘t fit your use case. probably emitting way too much light for your little ones. would have been better to buy something that emits its light over a larger area. even better if you try to learn the basics and build your own, perfectly fitted for your needs. takes a while to get into the wisdom. but you‘ll never rely on a fixture producer anymore.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very happy with the Vivosun 315's. Solid, compact, cost effective, nice foot print, and power for 315 watts. I will be buying more as soon as I get a veg cycle done under them. The color of light is so much easier on the eyes than my cobs. They fit 4 one gallon coco moms per light comfortably. I am mixed on giving opinions of heat yet, but right now I feel one 315 is a little hotter than one 550~ watt cob fixture. I'll be hawking the temps over next week.

Things to note for people when thinking about buying these:

1. 600's are not worth it right now because of foot print.
2. You don't want air cooled hoods even though they sell them. The bulb temp matters.
3. There is no dimmer/adjustable version out yet.

For these reasons if I were running an OP like E I would not switch over yet. For 15k watt and under I would switch over if my veg results are good.

a driver transforms ac power to dc power. meanwell is a company that makes drivers. but they have a HUGE offering. some of these drivers a dimmable, but not with a simple ac side dimmer, but either directly on the driver with the help of a screwdriver (50-100% dimming) or via the 2 dim leads (0/10-100% dimming). something you learn when you build your own. just buying a fixture because they put a nice looking ad on icmag is never a good solution. this only leads to a case of an unhappy customer like you are now. you bought an inefficient light that doesn‘t fit your use case. probably emitting way too much light for your little ones. would have been better to buy something that emits its light over a larger area. even better if you try to learn the basics and build your own, perfectly fitted for your needs. takes a while to get into the wisdom. but you‘ll never rely on a fixture producer anymore.

I would bother with dimming if the plants were under too much par. When I veg under these even if you raise it to where they are under 100-350 par they look awful. Being so far away they grow completely lanky. Same par flouros in same environment right next to them and perfect. I think it has more to do with either spectrum or the 'directness' of LEDS. I don't see hot spots on my not cheap light meter though. It is really strange. By the way the same holds true no matter medium. I have soil and coco going to check.

@Eric

I would highly suggest trying your clone method with 350-380 ppm jacks clone in place of clonex. Way cheaper and damn my clones look just as good. Give it a shot and see if it works for you too? I used 400 ppm until clones were 12 inches tall in cloner and damn they looked good.

Also I find in veg adding 30~ more ppms of cal nit every few waterings and my moms are superb. Super fuckin happy 100% perfection.

eric2028

Veteran
First pic is the same old place. 2nd one is the new commercial. Finally got plants in. It’s barely running though as far as environmental controls lol. I’m not the grower here thank goodness. It’s been a pretty wild ride thus far.
picture.php

picture.php

And thanks for your thoughts 40 amps as always.

Organiceddie

Your build out and growing skills are excellent! I use dyna grow currently in mothers earth with pearlite. I am looking to cut costs and was considering jacks. Do u mind sharing your recipe for veg and flower? I’m having issues with my ph dropping in my rooms but salts are not building up. Maybe bacteria related . Was gonna try a flush w uc roots and cal mag. Awesome thread and look forward to following along!!

Dewave

Azos and mykos and cadmium

Azos and mykos and cadmium

Inoculation with Bacillus subtilis and Azospirillum brasilense Produces Abscisic Acid That Reduces Irt1-Mediated Cadmium Uptake of Roots

eric2028

Veteran
What’s up friends? Hope everyone is having a good new year. Me? I’ve been good. Just alittle busy, working on some new things. Still been putting the smack down on some canopies fosho.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php