What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nice goal by Team USA to force OT against canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
The United States Olympic Committee runs off donations, it is a non-profit organization. Canadian government funded "own the podium."

Nice try.
that's is fuckin halarious are you trying to say that canada with less than 35million citizens paid our way to beat the over 300million citizens. With our no money high school program, never a paid coach in canadian history to coach a high school team, yet done every day in america. Also our university athletes do not receive full scholarships and nearly as many scholarships period compared to the usa. and fuck we do not spend a penny on our athletes period in this country, show me the comparable stats for usa athletes and canadian athletes for sponsorship.
We kicked everybodies ass with pride and nothing more. Oh CANADA...

iSmokeTrees

Amazing how fast you forget USA beat Canada in january in overtime in the World Junior Championships.

and yes it took 8x the

And canada has six times the population of Norway and they won 23 medals. Nice try for an argument.

but basically 100% of norway and canada participate in winter sports. Half of the United States sees snow once every decade. Very few of the population even participate in winter sports.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
What in the hell is your problem? You are really going to turn the fact that Canada beat the US in the last game to start an argument about the entire US? I am glad to see Canada get a couple of medals, but chill out.

The hockey argument is a losing battle for you anyways. They were all pro hockey players, the bulk of which are trained and paid for by US teams. Do you want Canadian athletes to not benefit from US pro sports anymore? There isn't exactly a real baseball, football, hockey, or basketball league in Canada. All of those sports athletes benefit from the US markets. Plus, if I remember correctly the US team just beat the Canadian team a week ago. So are you really to going to start claiming that the Canadian team is somehow exceptionally better than the US team was?

As a side note, I have only ever seen minor league hockey games besides this final... and for good reason. Wasn't exactly a fun sport to watch on tv, but that is MY opinion.

B. Friendly

Veteran
Amazing how fast you forget USA beat Canada in january in overtime in the World Junior Championships.

And canada has six times the population of Norway and they won 23 medals. Nice try for an argument.

but basically 100% of norway and canada participate in winter sports. Half of the United States sees snow once every decade. Very few of the population even participate in winter sports.
so you still suck what is the point

B. Friendly

Veteran
Enjoy your shiny medal!

At the end of the day, you guys win like #1 losers! Chumps
what does your shitty nation have that we don't, oh ya nothing. Enjoy the shitty international reputation.
We are the OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS 14 GOLDS. our anthem was sung the most at the games. Enjoy you're no health care and over populated nation. Oh ya Canadian economy did not have a resession like the US.
what do you have I should care about??????

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Hey, as I stated earlier, most of our pro sports, and others truthfully are intertwined. Our countries have the single largest trade volume... So why don't we declare these olympics as a NORTH AMERICAN success?

iSmokeTrees

1/10 of canada, quebec, doesn't even want to be part of canada.

Why do Michael J Fox and William Shatner live in the USA? They emigrated Canada and never went back, that is odd...

you and your whole nation mean nothing to me and my country men.

Odd, Canada was terrified when Obama said he would abolish NAFTA. Without NAFTA, half your country wouldn't have a job haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.