What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nice goal by Team USA to force OT against canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

master shake

The game could have turned out totally different if that stupid fucking ref didn't get in the way of the puck 3.5 sec before the goal. Watch the replays...that goal would not have happened if the ref hadn't interfered with Crosby along the sideline.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Sort of. Even if the US had won today, it, nor will any gold EVER match up to the 1980 US hockey gold. It's because they were amateurs, against what was basically a pro team from USSR (no secrete they were paid by the government to play hockey full time as a team). Then to go on and win gold, that's what makes it the most spectacular gold medal in the history of the games. It will never be replicated.
don't forget the canadians where amatures as well, sure our minor hockey program is all we have but no pro's til the 90's
fuck russia, commie bastards
as it stands, canada over the usa in salt lake city and again in vancouver.

iSmokeTrees

I meant pro athletes in general. Not just hockey. Thanks for the full info!

Pro athletes were first admitted in the Olympics in 1988 in select sports like tennis and shit. 1992 They allowed pros in other sports. I think 1994 they allowed pro figure skaters.

The NHL didn't allow it's players to compete in the Olympics. After the success of the World Cup of Hockey in 1996 with NHL players, USA pulled an extreme major upset of Canada, the NHLPA negotiated it in because the players enjoyed playing for their countries so much.

Dr. Dank

All americans are on suicide watch atm.

lol...uhh dude this is america, and 99.9% of us dont give a shit about hockey. But whatever, congrats to all the winners. Oh yea, what happened to Canadas "own the podium"...lol...check the medal count.

C

Classyathome

lol...uhh dude this is america, and 99.9% of us dont give a shit about hockey. But whatever, congrats to all the winners. Oh yea, what happened to Canadas "own the podium"...lol...check the medal count.

14 gold - more than anyone else - EVER - in the winter olympics...

EVER...

More than anyone...

Not just the americans - anyone - ever...

You were saying something???

iSmokeTrees

EVER...

More than anyone...

Overall Canada was a failure. They spent 5 years and $120 million on 26 medals.

USA spent like $56 million for 37 medals.

Let's not forget the summer olympics in Beijing, America had 36 gold medals to Canada's... 18 total medals.

C

Classyathome

14 - gold - more than US, or any other country - ever...

If that's failure - come on up and smoke the worlds best weed, with us "failures"...

Hahahahahahahahahaha

But silver and bronze are pretty, too...

Especially in hockey...

Plse stop your whining - can't y'all just say sumthin' nice for a change...

It ain't all about the U.S. ...

EVER...

More than anyone...

Careful with how much you flap them flappy heads canucks. It might just fall off;)
Besides, consider how much your neighbors to the south actually contribute to your own canadian economy; almost ALL of the major canadian cities are located within 100 miles of the US border. Yeah, you're not dependent on us or anything!

Face the music canuckians, without US :)D) you'd be nothing!

iSmokeTrees

Plse stop your whining - can't y'all just say sumthin' nice for a change...

I will tell Canada to go fuck itself every day of my life. As a youth I played plenty of hockey tournaments in Canada and every tournament my team got hosed. Canadians literally cheat at youth hockey against Americans. I averaged a goal a game called back by canadian refs for no reason.

So no, I will never respect canada. You guys do in fact cheat to win.

Best moment was when I broke the Ontario league's leading scorer's collarbone and gave him a concussion at the north american silver sticks championships.

Had a goal called back later that game for "being in the crease."

iSmokeTrees

The US spent more than that a month on Blackwater mercs in Iraq...

But, the medal money was well spent, too - I guess...

The United States Olympic Committee runs off donations, it is a non-profit organization. Canadian government funded "own the podium."

Nice try.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Don't be jealous americans.
Yes we have 14 Olympic Champions and you only have 9, but remember we do not put money into our sports programs at all and yes it took 8x the population to produce every one of your medals to ours but maybe we will stop supporting our athletes and you can go back to winning. lol
FEELS GOOD TO BE CANADIAN RIGHT NOW. no money at all in our school sports programs, university programs or professional programs and we are the champs. lonely here at the top. lol

C

Classyathome

The United States Olympic Committee runs off donations, it is a non-profit organization. Canadian government funded "own the podium."

Nice try.

No - your congress runs off donations, anyone with the cash can buy a US politician...

Nothing the US does in non-profit - nothing...

See ya in 4 years when we kick your asses again...

Losers...

Last edited:
Don't be jealous americans.
Yes we have 14 Olympic Champions and you only have 9, but remember we do not put money into our sports programs at all and yes it took 8x the population to produce every one of your medals to ours but maybe we will stop supporting our athletes and you can go back to winning. lol
FEELS GOOD TO BE CANADIAN RIGHT NOW. no money at all in our school sports programs, university programs or professional programs and we are the champs. lonely here at the top. lol

We should just annex your country:D

C

Classyathome

I will tell Canada to go fuck itself every day of my life. As a youth I played plenty of hockey tournaments in Canada and every tournament my team got hosed. Canadians literally cheat at youth hockey against Americans. I averaged a goal a game called back by canadian refs for no reason.

So no, I will never respect canada. You guys do in fact cheat to win.

Best moment was when I broke the Ontario league's leading scorer's collarbone and gave him a concussion at the north american silver sticks championships.

Had a goal called back later that game for "being in the crease."

Doubt it...

Losers always say they kicked ass - like vietnam, eh???

We are the only country, besides vietnam, to officially kick your asses - so watch it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts