What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

RulaTone

Veteran
no I have only one towerfull. I am forced to cultivate in this way because I have height problems! She is on the ground in 3.6 liter pot. She has one month of age, and has received only one top.
View Image

I realized that double congo f2 is (congoPNxcongo black)xcongoPN
I hope to find nice phenotypes!

whats up homie
nice plant you got there
those freebies got my interest btw

more info about lineage from TSC site:
The first line we had when thought on starting this Project was Congo Pointe Noire, an excellent sativa we´ve enjoyed all these years since HdB discover it and started to work with her.

We were very lucky some years after, to find another african enthusiast, located in South Africa: African Herbman. AH is a great person in close contact with the best ganja and lines of the Continent, improving and mantaining them. He always explained us the potential Congo Black had, we decided it was the perfect mach that could improve our Pointe Noire.

It took us a time to find the right male to be used to create the Congolese F1. Our selection was a vigorous, productive and very odorous male. He passed all our stress tests and has a strong firm sex with no herma traits. Descendancy finally give us the chance to see it was a good choice.

Congo Black adds a bigger resin layer in flower time. A good stretch be should expected when changing to 12/12 but it is true some will mantain more compact in structure and forming flowers.

Congolese essence remains in the classic fresh floral, carroty and fine woods scents. Ready to be cut in around 12-13 weeks.

We recommend curing the flowers some months and then be prepared to enjoy this classic sativa smoke : and african for the enthusiasts. Nice complete bouquet : fresh floral, incense, carroty and fine woods. Potent, clear and active sativa high you shouldnt miss.

Strain Lineage

Double Congo » Congo Pointe Noire x Congo Black F1

as you can see they say "congo black F1" is male making the Double Congo a CongoPN bx.
i read you say you have f2s? i cant read f2 on the package?

durban purple is unknown to me, durbakistan is durban x pck so it may be different, who knows? ask them!
one way or another should be fun growing them
all the best

mr Bamba

Hi Rula! I had wrote f2 becouse that telled to me by the guy that manage the site.

This is the original Aeritos grow report:

Deep into Congo
03/04/16, 12:14:23
Hi there folks,

Not the best moments as to deal with these lines but it was a must for us here at Tropical Seeds.

We've even been blamed, several times in the past, for using Congo lines in our project. We should have been quite intense when defending our work, which is honest and quite docummented. We've always tried to be strong and reliable in that side. No time to make people shut their mouths, that they have to learn themselves.

So, summarizing, these are the 2 local Congo lines worked at Tropical Seeds Company :

- Congo Pointe Noire, selected by Hombre de Barro ( TSCO ) @ 28N, Islas Canarias. This has been used from 2000+ (2004 aprox )

- Congo Black, first worked by African Herbman ( ICMag ) and exchanged to us in a subsequent stage than CPN. Total agreement with this source-collaborator as to continue and work the lines trough our project.

This said, every single paranoic statement on our lines is simply not true ( and it does hurt to hear them, coming from people who hasen't even done the ffort of asking us about our work ).

Presentations done now, will continue with the plans for these ladies.

03/04/16, 12:35:20
Breeding stock :

- Double Congo : Congo Pointe Noire x Congo Black F2

- King Congo : Congo Pointe Noire x Ciskei F1

- Old Congo : Congo Pointe Noire x OT Haze

- Bonus : Durban # Purple

Planning :

- Grow and do some cuttings

- Try the plants in blooming stage

- Select best males / females, best standards and most resistant to harsh climate, photoperiod modifications and stressful situations in flower time ( pruning, wet stages )

- Select a Congo Pointe Noire leaning female / male as to further breeding projects involving trying to revive the line

- Pollinate with the best Double Congo male/s

- Continue the Double Congo line into F3 and test the line

- Try both Congo / Ciskei x Double Congo and Congo / OT Haze x Double Congo outcome

- Don't go bankrupt @ Tropical Seeds while doing these works

Everything has a starting ;

- Cold PLL fluoro lights

- Light peat + perlite 65 / 35 %

- Light feeding program, starting in 4-5th blooming stage

And bla bla bla.

I asked to Aeritos about this strain yesterday night and I still wait for some information.

RulaTone

Veteran
hey nice info
i misread lineage on their site then, the first double congo release was CongoPN x CongoBlack and was f1.
he talks about making f3s so it all makes sense

nice score on your f2s, good luck with pheno hunt!

also he mentions the durban # purple so may be a purple pheno indeed?
hope they have answers!

mr Bamba

tropical news

tropical news

Hey Bamba sounds awesome ! congratulations for this acquisition. Aeritos will be a bit off for a few months.
But I have your answers hahaha

"We receive two lines from Durban, one marketed as green and the other one as purple. I try to germinate 10 of each one and aeritos too. I had good luck with the green line, and aeritos had good luck with the purple line, giving him love with the reproduction he was carrying out (Double Congo F2). He used the same male of this reproduction for do this new hybrid Durban purple x Double Congo.

Double Congo F2 is Congo PN x Congo Black into F2 generation. Usually Congo Black dominates in the majority phenos, but not impossible to get some Congo PN dom. Aeritos used the most Congo PN dom. for do the reproduction.

If you need anything more please let me know"

Last edited:
This is the thread where the info on "Congo Black" comes from:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=90902&page=6

I don't believe its anything other than South African bag seed.
A 50 rand (4$) bankie could be from anywhere. Most likely Swazi or from SA

I'm 90% sure you're correct. I bought similar bankies from the same source in Jhb, and there was every indication that it came off the "conveyor belt" from Swaziland. The 10% doubt is because the merchants were in fact Congolese, albeit second generation immigrants. The buds I got were also a bit lighter in colour than AH's.

I think sudafrica came from bagseed collected and shared by wotamess if I'm not mistaken, I'd also like to know more about it.

"bankies" are 10cmx11cm plastic ziplock coin bags, they are given out by banks for free.
Those R50 Rooibaard bankies from Swaziland where such good value that they killed the market for many better quality pure sativa imports
like Malawi Cob etc.

Last edited:

earthwyrms

Here are my Tropical seeds senegal. I got 100 percent germination on 10 seeds. I got 4 females, 3 hermies right off, and eventually all three of my males hermied. The 4 females have shown no tenancies to change over though. Doesnt really bother me too much, I really like this strain still. They are lanky with fluffy spear shaped buds (the bud shot is a week old). One is starting to smell of a "citrus wood" combo smell, one has a more fuel/resin smell. The other two are still fairly unscented. The two pictured show the two heights I have. Two are exactly the same tallness, the other two are exactly the same height, but a little shorter. Besides the hermie tenancies, which are kind of expected in plants like this, I highly recommend this strain.

if the 4 females were pollinated by the males that eventually hermied, would that be more likely to make pure females and more males that hermie, and give a chance at pure males? (for landrace preservation)

regseeds

@ MR Bamba so the durban #purple and #green are just two pheno's of Which durban poison not sure if i am reading correctly.......

Zitz

Red Afro looks amazing, maybe red weed will be the next craze, its usually stronger than purple bud I find.
Lebanese strains can throw some red pheno's too.

Dr.King

Veteran
Red Afro was a really tasty and smelly plant. I purchased 6 seeds, 5 left and will definitely grow the others. Will also purchase other seed genetics from them to grow in the future, :tiphat:.

ChKsQUB.jpg

Dr. king thanks for the pictures , I grew Nigerean Red clones five years ago and it looked just like that , great stuff , very unique .

Koondense

Veteran
Dr King, these buds look great! What kind of "smelly" were they generally?

@Dr.Young
Give a try to Cognition, mine was very very clear and mind altering, hard to compare to any other cannabis flower I tried. Also the smell was very herbal, not related to general cannabis smell. A shame I lost the clone but have enough Cognition seeds left and also in F1 with Kali China. I was just thinking the last couple of days to give Cognition another try, maybe outdoors.

Cheers

Zitz

Red Afro was a really tasty and smelly plant. I purchased 6 seeds, 5 left and will definitely grow the others. Will also purchase other seed genetics from them to grow in the future, :tiphat:.

View Image

Nice one Dr.King, can you describe the type of smell and effect?

Its an interesting strain and I believe there is truth to the idea that "red" strains are blood circulation boosters - much needed for many medical users.

Currently the medical scene seems focused on CBD which is great but I would like to see more research done on the likes of certain terpenes, and the potency of colored plants in regards to those terpenes. (Not to mention THCV which is said to be produced in South African grass - possibly Swazi?)

There are pics of a red PCK on the forum that look fantastic - I would love to hear some smoke notes from whoever grew it.

The Swazi used in Red Afro is named "Polokwane", so probably different from the African seeds version - though I've no idea where African seeds one originated, just good cobs I assume.