What's new

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Love the great photos in this thread! And good to see C-64 is stii kicking! I must have read through this thread about 10 times last winter...grew the Red Afro. It had outrageous dark red buds and an extremely exotic looking structure to it. The leaves had a primordial look to them. I could tell it was very different even before it put on flowers. Anyhow, I think I screwed up and kinda burned her up with cob LEDs too close and turned up too high. In the jar she has little of the berry nose she had while flowering and the herb tastes crappy. I'm sure it was my fault though and I would like to give this one another go at some point. Along with a few others from TSC...

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Koondense, can you post a smoke report of the Towerful and the Durbakistan? I have packs of both and would like to try at some point...

C

c64

Red Afro, a green variation.

Red Afro, a green variation.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
From what I can recall, they had a #G Line and a #M line. I had packs of each. From what I remember, the #g line produced the soaring sativa type buzz, was a real eye opener, and really peeled your mind back, and allowed a very efficient, and clear thought process.. Id give my left testicle for a cutting of the girl I grew. She tasted a lot of honey aswell.. Very shrubby in stature, with no training.

My ciskei from them was also smelling a lot of honey! Amazing plants!

oldbootz

Veteran
Hey all.
Finally stumbled across Tropical seeds and immediately got glossy eyed at the genetics and histories and from what I can tell very unique approach more akin to what I imagine breeders actually doing...

I grabbed a couple packs of Towerful Fems and Ciskei Regs and was super excited to find some very interesting freebies of as yet unreleased Durban Punch Fems and UK Cheese x Mapetit Fems.

Lovely work c64, I'm not going to try to compete haha. I hope I can grow some beautiful girls that will do their genetics proud. Debating doing a run and not keeping cuttings so may be a round or 2 before I get these in but I'm extremely excited about the ciskei and should really try to find out as much as I can about it's phenos.

The Durban Punch I grew was amazing! Definitely worth growing for low yield stretchy plants that have an electric very upbeat high.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Those white dots around the roots...tiny soil mites? I have those on my recent grows now that I'm doing all organic. The good guys.

48N

has anyone grown the zambian?
i read its a quicker version of malawi gold
im growing outdoors at 48N, first frost is usually around beginning of november
does it have a chance to finish? if not i will make crosses with ciskei, which i want to grow as well

Koondense

Veteran
I don't think the Zambian will get close to finish at 48N, usually the problem with such sativas is the late start of flowering which starts in mid/end september.
Maybe a good option would be something from La Buena Hierba, he works with sativas which are able to finish in netherlands outdoors.

Back to the topic, here is my lovely clone Rosetta(Durbakistan) which is my "fast" sativa, finishing consistently at 9 weeks and with a fast flower onset.
Not a special smoke but although a nice one.

picture.php

Cheers

thejact55

I second what koondense said. I had 9 senegal ladies outdoors at 48N last year. Late september is when they finally got going in flower, not even close to finishing, which is what i fully expected. It doesnt hit 12/12 till way late up north, in comparison to constant 12/12 at equator.

Wonderful plant koondense. Reminds me of exactly what the stock photo of this strain is on the website (if i remember correctly)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
has anyone grown the zambian?
i read its a quicker version of malawi gold

It's not that fast really... indoors they finish up to 16-18 depending on phenos, but they are similar indeed. Classic spicy south africans.

:biggrin:

Koondense

Veteran
Not a day for stories but I can tell you it's pretty mild smelling, the most predominant aroma is a mix of honey hashish, floral notes similar to almond tree flowers and a hint of acrid cat piss like smell mixed with earth.
Overall a very pleasing mix but far from loud.
I think it's a great hybrid for guerrilla growing, pretty fast to flower, robust bushy structure and nice bud density along with a probably good resistence to pests(i guess).
Definitely a cross to explore further, I only got a couple of seeds, the Rosetta is a clone from the first seed(not striped), I'm saving the striped seed for another run.

I hope you like the story :)

Cheers

Gedöns

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have 2 reg. Ciskei in day 39 of Flower and I wanted to share them with you. Both are quite different.

Ciskei #1
Late developer, in day 39 of switching to 12/12 it still got no frost, the bud production startet around day 32. It has a pretty big stretch from ~15cm Veg to ~90cm now. I really dig the shape its growing though.
picture.php

Ciskei #3
Quicker then it's sister, got some little frost starting to show and the buds are starting to stack up. The growth is more cirrous (don't know if that's the right word) so I had to bend it down twice and it became really big horizontally. Strecht from ~15cm Veg to 1,5m without bending down.
picture.php

I'll share some late flower Budshots and a smoke report once they're harvested.

therevverend

Veteran
I've been checking their listings lately and they have some interesting stuff in their new arrivals.
They have a Turkish landrace. I'll quote their blurb:

'Turkish Landrace P3 is a strain from the east mountains of Turkey, where the turkish cannabis is mostly hashplants with stoned/ narcotic high profile, usually fast flowering indicas or indica dominant. Collected by Cristalin from the USC french collective in a road trip and worked up until the second generation. From the first moment we find great potential in this indica where we can find a mix of genes from North Africa and the Near East thanks to trade routes and the great tradition of Turkish hashish. Clubbers will enjoy this super limited edition from now at our private store, and we are convinced that you will find great potential in this incredible indica.'

Sounds interesting? Flowering times are 49-56 days/mid-late Sept.

They also have a 'narrow leaf sativa Afghan' that caught my eye. Not going to quote the blurb, go to their site if you're interested. They had other new stuff I found interesting at the very least.
I've tried a couple of their strains, wasn't blown away but they weren't bad either. I'm not a fanboy or anything, not out to give them free advertising but they have an interesting catalog compared to a lot of seed companies. Don't know how much of breeders they are or if they're good collectors...

W

Water-

I've been checking their listings lately and they have some interesting stuff in their new arrivals.
They have a Turkish landrace. I'll quote their blurb:

'Turkish Landrace P3 is a strain from the east mountains of Turkey, where the turkish cannabis is mostly hashplants with stoned/ narcotic high profile, usually fast flowering indicas or indica dominant. Collected by Cristalin from the USC french collective in a road trip and worked up until the second generation. From the first moment we find great potential in this indica where we can find a mix of genes from North Africa and the Near East thanks to trade routes and the great tradition of Turkish hashish. Clubbers will enjoy this super limited edition from now at our private store, and we are convinced that you will find great potential in this incredible indica.'

Sounds interesting? Flowering times are 49-56 days/mid-late Sept.

They also have a 'narrow leaf sativa Afghan' that caught my eye. Not going to quote the blurb, go to their site if you're interested. They had other new stuff I found interesting at the very least.
I've tried a couple of their strains, wasn't blown away but they weren't bad either. I'm not a fanboy or anything, not out to give them free advertising but they have an interesting catalog compared to a lot of seed companies. Don't know how much of breeders they are or if they're good collectors...

sounds intersting but with all the seeds distibuted throughout europe in the last few decades, how can we know if it is a real landrace and not just a marketing trick, without seeing the genetic testing?