What's new

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

guruverde

Hey all.
Finally stumbled across Tropical seeds and immediately got glossy eyed at the genetics and histories and from what I can tell very unique approach more akin to what I imagine breeders actually doing...

I grabbed a couple packs of Towerful Fems and Ciskei Regs and was super excited to find some very interesting freebies of as yet unreleased Durban Punch Fems and UK Cheese x Mapetit Fems.

Lovely work c64, I'm not going to try to compete haha. I hope I can grow some beautiful girls that will do their genetics proud. Debating doing a run and not keeping cuttings so may be a round or 2 before I get these in but I'm extremely excited about the ciskei and should really try to find out as much as I can about it's phenos.

Koondense

Veteran
Congrats on your choice guruverde, I believe you'll like both these varieties.
I also have a pack od Towerful, waiting for its turn.
At the moment there's a Durbakistan still in veg in my space, not too far from the flip to 12/12.
I sadly lost the Cognition mother from 2014 outdoor but have enough seeds left to find a new one, the old one was very Congo dominant.

Here's a small pic of my Durbakistan(I call her Rosetta) just starting to show her preflowers.
picture.php

Eventually I'll probably grow some other Tropical varieties like Purple Bisho(reg), Smooth Smoke, Towerful and as said more of Durbakistan and Cognition. Maybe even some others in the future:)

Cheers

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Very nice pictures and plants, first time hearing about Tropical seeds, and I can say I'm a fan :)

Would love to run some of their strains!

thejact55

Here are my Tropical seeds senegal. I got 100 percent germination on 10 seeds. I got 4 females, 3 hermies right off, and eventually all three of my males hermied. The 4 females have shown no tenancies to change over though. Doesnt really bother me too much, I really like this strain still. They are lanky with fluffy spear shaped buds (the bud shot is a week old). One is starting to smell of a "citrus wood" combo smell, one has a more fuel/resin smell. The other two are still fairly unscented. The two pictured show the two heights I have. Two are exactly the same tallness, the other two are exactly the same height, but a little shorter. Besides the hermie tenancies, which are kind of expected in plants like this, I highly recommend this strain.

Attachments

• 20161116_185216.jpg
    20161116_185216.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20161104_210859.jpg
    20161104_210859.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 31

Koondense

Veteran
I had a Cognition plant outdoors and another run with a OD clone indoors.
Very clear and interesting effect but not grown to full potential.

Outdoor mother:
picture.php

Indoor clone:
picture.php

Very vigorous and stretchy, a special kind of smoke. Everyone thought it was some kind of medicinal herb:)

therevverend

Veteran
Never waste time growing or breeding with herms. Too much good stuff out there to waste your time.
I have a few packs of Tropical sitting in my fridge. So many times with seed packs it seems like the same old stuff over and over. With Tropical even if something isn't my favorite it's interesting and unique. Love getting new flavors for my palette.

Koondense

Veteran
So Durbakistan is in my opinion a very good producer, quite fast. Flower density is pretty high, the yield looked low but in the end surpassed my expectations.
Smell is nothing special, slightly fresh grassy and minty with hints of lemon and hash.
The high is mostly clear with almost zero body, lasts for a long time and can have borderline trippy qualities. Pretty strong creeping weed.
No cure so far, a more detailed smoke report will follow.

I have a question for any Tropical Seeds growers, right now I have a Towerful in veg, she showed her sex and got defoliated and had a lst + topping session.
How much does it tend to stretch in flower?

So far it shows mostly indica behaviour with insanely hard and thick stem, huge fan leaves...so I assume not much stretch.

Any comment can be helpful.

Zitz

A picture of Towerful in veg. Bottom plants are Durbakistan clones, to be transplanted in 6l pots soon.

View Image

Cheers

Interested to see how the towerful will turn out, Pck x Congolese I believe? Nice sounding combo. Have you tried Red Afro? (Pck/Swazi).

Hello people! this is my towerfull ready to the switch!

View Image

I also planted some seeds of double congo f2 and durban purple x double congo (freebiee). I know nothing of these strain.

View Image

:thank you:

Nice, I wonder if the Durban purple is Pck x Durban, or perhaps a purple phenotype of Durban poison...

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Zitz,
never tried the Red Afro, somehow Swazi doesn't have much appeal to me. I have SmoothSmoke but saving it for the outdoors some day.
Towerful is I believe (CongoPNxPCK)xPCK. I loved the CongoPN dominant pheno of Cognition(CongoPNxNepalH), but Towerful is clearly mostly PCK with hopefully a bit of stretch coming from CongoPN.
She's quite big and was placed in the flower room today, yet still left in transition light schedule I usually use(16/8-14/10, 5 days).
More to come soon. Got a couple of bushy Durbakistan clones waiting for transplant.

Hey Mamba,
those are nice little towers:) You're in for a sog style grow? Please post some updates along the way, I'll post some pics of the big lady.

Cheers

mr Bamba

no I have only one towerfull. I am forced to cultivate in this way because I have height problems! She is on the ground in 3.6 liter pot. She has one month of age, and has received only one top.
picture.php

I realized that double congo f2 is (congoPNxcongo black)xcongoPN
I hope to find nice phenotypes!